Dubé handsticks

  • Hian Kai
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31 4:04 PM
      Has anyone tried out the new Fiber Reinforced Composite (FRC)
      handsticks from Dubé? What I'm interested to find out is if they feel
      any different from regular wood ones. Maybe I'll just get a set for
      the heck of it cos' they're in different colours.

      I'm told their new lighted sticks feel really different from the
      normal ones they sell so if you're used to the normal ones like I am
      the lighted ones are going to suck.

      I am also thinking to try some other brands, what I want is a nice,
      solid stick about 65-70 cm long; I have 3 Dubé ones a Todd Smith and a
      Renegade coming in the mail... anyone have any good experience with
      any others?

      Cheers

      Kai
    • the_tarper
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
        No, but this is only the second post in over a month...
        I my self don't have any idea what the hell Fibre Reinforced Composite
        is! Tell me!

        Lets see fiber means something organic. Reinforced means that fiber is
        being added to something and composite means that they stay toghether?

        I have no idea, but if there is something better for handsticks, I
        want to know.

        Zac

        --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, "Hian Kai" <kwahiankai@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone tried out the new Fiber Reinforced Composite (FRC)
        > handsticks from Dubé? What I'm interested to find out is if they feel
        > any different from regular wood ones. Maybe I'll just get a set for
        > the heck of it cos' they're in different colours.
        >
        > I'm told their new lighted sticks feel really different from the
        > normal ones they sell so if you're used to the normal ones like I am
        > the lighted ones are going to suck.
        >
        > I am also thinking to try some other brands, what I want is a nice,
        > solid stick about 65-70 cm long; I have 3 Dubé ones a Todd Smith and a
        > Renegade coming in the mail... anyone have any good experience with
        > any others?
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Kai

      • the_tarper
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
          P.S. New material is always what we want, on our sticks and on this
          forum. Anything that sticks. <Ducks> Sorry for punning.

          Has anything been doing anything? Some videos, some pictures,
          something?!?!?

          I've had no firesticks for a while now, and every time I go to a fire
          show I feel like Sh@t. I want to join in.

          We need to be active. SPIN PEOPLE!

          Thanks for the time,

          Zac.

          --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, "the_tarper" <the_tarper@...>

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 23, 2008
            here is my experience of handsticks
            i use a home made devil stick and a couple of crystalstix.
            I dont like the sticks that come with the crystal ones, i find them
            uncomfortable. I use softwood, as i find that fiber sticks and also
            hardwood ones transfer the vibrations to the hand too much, giving that
            horrible 'bonk'. I cover the softwood dowel with tennis grip, and double
            up one end so i get a nice handle that doesnt get in the way if i play
            both ends. The tennis grip gives excellent feel and grip, soaks up even
            more vibrations, and has a much more positive feel than the usual
            silicon ones.... oh and lasts for ages.

            Now the clocks have gone forward and the sun doesnt set till past 8, the
            devil stick season finally returns to the uk....

            best