Re: [DevilStickForum] Re: "Ball" sticks

  • Daryl Hrdlicka
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 14, 2007
      --- the_tarper <the_tarper@...> wrote:

      > I made my first set of sticks using a dowel rod with
      > two tennis balls
      > screwed onto the ends and wrapping the dowel with
      > tennis grip. As I
      > recall, the stick worked just like any other devil
      > stick, but it's
      > been a long time. That stick (like all wooden
      > sticks) eventually broke
      > many years ago.

      Zac, your instructions sound exactly like what I
      rememebr reading! I wonder if it wasn't on the board
      here someplace. Still haven't tracked down any tennis
      grip tape in the area, but looking for it. Thanks for
      the info!

      -Daryl

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 3, 2007
        any shop that sells tennis rackets will almost certainly sell tennis
        grip tape

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 3, 2007
          wot about videos? do we have to use youtube?
        • Daryl Hrdlicka
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 3, 2007
            --- Darren <dag@...> wrote:

            > any shop that sells tennis rackets will almost
            > certainly sell tennis
            > grip tape

            Finally found some in the nearest large city (about 90
            miles). Haven't had a chance to try it out yet,
            though. And nice to have you back!

            -Daryl

            Make Yahoo! your homepage.
            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          • Daryl Hrdlicka
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 3, 2007
              --- Darren <dag@...> wrote:
              > wot about videos? do we have to use youtube?

              Possibly. I'm looking, but there doesn't seem to be
              any way to do videos directly from yahoo groups.
              There is a yahoo video, not sure how to tie it in.
              But like I said, I'm checking.

              -Daryl

              Looking for last minute shopping deals?
            • Daryl Hrdlicka
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 3, 2007
                You can upload videos to the "Files" section of the forum. We've got
                100 megs we can use, but try to keep them fairly small so we can have
                a lot of them. If you have larger ones, use youtube or some other.
              • Rob Boaron
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 3, 2007
                  About videos: does anyone of you already have video's on youtube?

                  My vids are here:

                  and some multiprop collaboration vids with my friends from circusplanet:

                  Regards:

                  RoB

                  On Dec 3, 2007 10:00 PM, Daryl Hrdlicka <darylhrdlicka@...> wrote:

                  --- Darren <dag@...> wrote:
                  > wot about videos? do we have to use youtube?

                  Possibly. I'm looking, but there doesn't seem to be
                  any way to do videos directly from yahoo groups.
                  There is a yahoo video, not sure how to tie it in.
                  But like I said, I'm checking.

                  -Daryl

                  Looking for last minute shopping deals?

                • the_tarper
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 3, 2007
                    My sister put this video of me doing fire devil sticks up on youtube a
                    while back. Don't blame me for the music or message.

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbZ-fd7nMsU