How do you do.

  • tokada@kh.rim.or.jp
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 7 6:00 AM
      Dear DevilStick ML

      How do you do.
      This is Takumi Okada writing from Japan.

      I'm Japanese amateur Juggler.
      I play devilstick about 3 years.

      Thanks and best regards.
      Takumi.
    • Noomi Ljungdell
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 7 12:01 PM
        Greetings Takumi!

        Welcome to the group and thank you for asking! i'm a finnish girl from land
        of the moomin figures and have been juggling with devilsticks only for this
        year, so really an amateur with them. now it's winter in here, and i have
        settled my sticks for sotrage until it gets spring and wrmer again. how
        about you? how is devilsticking in japan? is it popular? tell us a little
        about yourself

        tic-toc and snowy winter, Noomi

        >Dear DevilStick ML
        >
        >How do you do.
        >This is Takumi Okada writing from Japan.
        >
        >I'm Japanese amateur Juggler.
        >I play devilstick about 3 years.
        >
        >Thanks and best regards.
        >Takumi.

      • Noomi Ljungdell
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 7 12:01 PM
          Greetings Takumi!

          Welcome to the group and thank you for asking! i'm a finnish girl from land
          of the moomin figures and have been juggling with devilsticks only for this
          year, so really an amateur with them. now it's winter in here, and i have
          settled my sticks for storage until it gets spring and wrmer again. how

        • tokada@kh.rim.or.jp
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 8 7:46 AM

            >Greetings Takumi!
            >
            >Welcome to the group and thank you for asking! i'm a finnish girl from land
            >of the moomin figures and have been juggling with devilsticks only for this
            >year, so really an amateur with them. now it's winter in here, and i have
            >settled my sticks for sotrage until it gets spring and wrmer again. how
            >about you? how is devilsticking in japan? is it popular? tell us a little
            >about yourself
            >
            >tic-toc and snowy winter, Noomi

            Hi Noomi,

            I perform Kendama(Japanese cup and ball), Diabolo, Club-Balancing-Flip, DevilStick.
            I think, in Japan a little people play devilstick.
            Many juggler in Japan, They like Ball, Club, Diabolo, CigarBox.

            I like Devilstick performer, Jochen Schell, Volker Maier.
            This year, Volker came Japan, and performed DevilStick and ClubSwinging.
            I looked his performance in IJA Videotape(95 Highlights).
            I was surprised his performance.

            Thanks and best regards.
            Takumi
          • Noomi Ljungdell
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 8 10:13 AM
              Hi Takumi,

              you wrote:
              >I perform Kendama(Japanese cup and ball), Diabolo, Club-Balancing-Flip,
              >DevilStick.
              >I think, in Japan a little people play devilstick.
              >Many juggler in Japan, They like Ball, Club, Diabolo, CigarBox.

              what is Cigarbox? i haven't ever heard that word, can you describe how does
              it look and what do you do with it?

              this group is getting quiet now, when its winter outside and few places to
              train indoors here in europe at least, so don't wonder if there isn't so
              much going on in this group for the next months. i'm sure we take our
              devilsticks out of the closets again when the spring arrives!!

              take care,

              Noomi

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 8 1:15 PM
                "Noomi Ljungdell" <skamaria@...> writes:

                > what is Cigarbox?

                Some boxes, usually three, about the size of the boxes that cigars
                come in (about 18cm x 13cm x 6cm). Here's a picture:
                http://www.seriousjuggling.com/images/FunProps/dubeCigarBoxes.jpg

                You hold onto two boxes and hold the third between the other two.
                Then you let go and move the boxes around a whole bunch. It's a bit
                like juggling, but usually without as much throwing and with lots more
                grabbing, placing, stacking, and pinning one box between two others.
                It looks really neat. If I were to learn one more juggling prop, I
                think that would be it.

                > i'm sure we take our devilsticks out of the closets again when the
                > spring arrives!!

                I moved back to California from Scotland, so spring came early for me
                this year! :)

                I've been experimenting a bit with having a string between my
                handsticks, much like diabolo handsticks. Now that I'm back home with
                my tools, I'm also going to try attaching a third handstick between
                the other two instead of a string. I'll let you know how it goes!