Re: Moderators

  • iamahipo_ocolor
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 16, 2007
      --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, "Daryl Hrdlicka" <darylhrdlicka@...> wrote:

      > Hey everyone, I wrote to yahoo groups to see about getting appointed
      > as a moderator for the board since the owner isn't around, and they
      > said:
      > ---------------
      > To select a new moderator please use the group's polls feature to
      > create
      > a poll. Then list the member names, or email addresses, of a few
      > members who would like to be a moderator as these will be the choices
      > for the poll. You will need to announce the poll to your group and
      > ask
      > the members to vote on who they would like to be moderator. Please
      > allow
      > the poll to remain open for a period of at least one week. Once the
      > poll
      > has closed, please email a reply back to us and we will appoint the
      > "elected" moderator.
      > ----------------
      I might, though I don't have experience in HTML.
    • iamahipo_ocolor
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 16, 2007
        --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, "Daryl Hrdlicka" <darylhrdlicka@...> wrote:

        > Hey everyone, I wrote to yahoo groups to see about getting appointed
        > as a moderator for the board since the owner isn't around, and they
        > said:
        > ---------------
        > To select a new moderator please use the group's polls feature to
        > create
        > a poll. Then list the member names, or email addresses, of a few
        > members who would like to be a moderator as these will be the choices
        > for the poll. You will need to announce the poll to your group and
        > ask
        > the members to vote on who they would like to be moderator. Please
        > allow
        > the poll to remain open for a period of at least one week. Once the
        > poll
        > has closed, please email a reply back to us and we will appoint the
        > "elected" moderator.
        > ----------------
        > I'm willing to be a moderator, since this is something I'm into now
        > and I want to clean up the board (plus, I have tons of spare time).
        > Anyone else willing? Supposed to give people a choice, as soon as I
        > hear back from a couple of others I'll make it a poll and we can
        > vote. Sound good to everyone? I know there's about 4 active people
        > right now, hopefully we can find more. -Daryl

        Actually, I vote Daryl.

      • gerardckemmy
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 17, 2007
          Havent got them yet, only ordered yesterday. I'm all excited
          I'm in Dublin, Ireland - not quite the UK, but close though.
          Wherebouts are you from?

          <darylhrdlicka@...> wrote:

          > > Right so, you talked me into ordering a set of Lunastix you might
          as
          > > well have my vote too.
          > > Ger
          >
          > Things are a dream to use, aren't they? And whereabouts in the UK are
          > you? I've got a good friend in Glasgow, I just sent her a set that I
          > made up.

        • the_tarper
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 23, 2007
            I don't have a lot of spare time, but I want to see more devil sticks
            out there. I'll throw my hat in. I say Daryl and anyone else committed
            to the group should be mod though. I won't be a moderator if it means
            that Daryl isn't.

            -Zac

            <darylhrdlicka@...> wrote:

            > Hey everyone, I wrote to yahoo groups to see about getting appointed
            > as a moderator for the board since the owner isn't around, and they
            > said:
            > ---------------
            > To select a new moderator please use the group's polls feature to
            > create
            > a poll. Then list the member names, or email addresses, of a few
            > members who would like to be a moderator as these will be the choices
            > for the poll. You will need to announce the poll to your group and
            > ask
            > the members to vote on who they would like to be moderator. Please
            > allow
            > the poll to remain open for a period of at least one week. Once the
            > poll
            > has closed, please email a reply back to us and we will appoint the
            > "elected" moderator.
            > ----------------
            > I'm willing to be a moderator, since this is something I'm into now
            > and I want to clean up the board (plus, I have tons of spare time).
            > Anyone else willing? Supposed to give people a choice, as soon as I
            > hear back from a couple of others I'll make it a poll and we can
            > vote. Sound good to everyone? I know there's about 4 active people
            > right now, hopefully we can find more. -Daryl

          • Daryl Hrdlicka
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 25, 2007
              "gerardckemmy" <gerardckemmy@...> wrote:

              > Havent got them yet, only ordered yesterday. I'm all excited
              > I'm in Dublin, Ireland - not quite the UK, but close though.
              > Wherebouts are you from?

              Sorry, just looking through the older posts and saw this! Apologies
              for saying you were UK, I know them's fighting words in a lot of
              places (g). And I'm in Minnesota, USA. Out in the boonies where you
              need something to keep busy.