Re: Making your own

  • Daryl Hrdlicka
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 13, 2007
      --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, William Wojenski
      <iamahipo_ocolor@...> wrote:

      > > Also (sadly) agreed. Nothing beats practice.
      > > Thanks for all of
      > > your help, everyone! As I learn stuff, I'll keep
      > > people upodated.
      > >
      > > Has anyone used mystix before, btw?
      > >
      > > -Daryl
      > >

      > > Began on them. Farily good, as far as begginers go.
      > Mine broke so I got some LunaStix. But yah, they
      > introduced me to the art of devilsticks ;)

      Pretty much the same here. I bought them first, played with them for
      a while, oohed and aahed, then made it to the place where they had
      lunastix. As far as I'm concerned, no comparison (at least for me).
      The lunastix are a dream, I'll let my kids use the mystix. But I did
      get to meet the maker/owner of the mystix, VERY nice guy and a great
      performer.
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 16, 2007
        i have also discovered another slant on the lunastix, well 2 lunastix
        actually. Using no handsticks at all, just 2 lunastix is loads of fun
        and has truckloads of potential. i have already stumbled on some amazing
        tricks... yes i have thought of using 3 and i actually gave it a try,
        but u can over do it sometimes, all dem tassles looked a bit gay
      • Daryl Hrdlicka
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 16, 2007
          --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, Darren <dag@...> wrote:

          > i have also discovered another slant on the lunastix, well 2
          lunastix
          > actually. Using no handsticks at all, just 2 lunastix is loads of
          fun
          > and has truckloads of potential. i have already stumbled on some
          amazing
          > tricks... yes i have thought of using 3 and i actually gave it a
          try,
          > but u can over do it sometimes, all dem tassles looked a bit gay

          sounds awfully cool, actually. when it's not raining so i can go
          outside, i'll give it a try! I've made handsticks with tassels for
          my kids to use, but they throw me off -- too much visual noise.
        • the_tarper
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 17, 2007
            I have to agree with the others in that for the most part there is no
            easy to learn tricks that you can get told that will help you with
            devil sticks. The only thing I have ever been told by someone that
            helped was the concept of rolling the control stick to help with some
            of the continuous spinning tricks. Mostly though it's practice and
            experimentation that masters this skill.

            Thanks for the time,

            Zac

            --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, "Daryl Hrdlicka"