New guy to this group...New Uses For Sticks!

  • matt@mix96fmmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 16 8:43 PM
      Hey! My names Matt....and I have been using my own home made sticks for about 4 years. But in the last year I have entered in to a whole new realm with them. First of all...I also find music to help me with the sticks. I take them to raves and not only move them to music but Ive figured out how to dance while sticking. I put glow braclets on the ends and it makes designs of light...including a constant circle with practice. (and since I also live in Canada then large warehouses and open dance floors make an ideal place for winter practice) Its becoming a fad in my city...lots of younger kids are learning from me and lots of people who did it when young are rediscovering them in there 20's. Ravers love the show...and anyone who can stick well is giving so much respect! Its a blast....if you rave try it out at the next party. (Careful at first...alot of people to watch out for)

      The other thing I 've been trying all summer is playing catch with devil sticks...(we call our design dragon sticks here) My buddies and I get alot of distance throwing one center stick between us in a field. With alot of practice we've figured out how to make some amazing catches...rattle off a couple tricks...and send it back. (best to throw it with two sticks at once...one stick throws are harder at first.)

      Anyways...I love sticking...other stickers are hard to find and its great to see a group with the same intrests!

      P.S.-I make mine from old bike inner tube, dowels, pipe cover foam stuff and hockey tape. What do you guys and gals use?

      -

      Get Family Friendly Free Email at www.mix96fm.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2000
        I went to a juggling convention a few weeks ago and I didn't do any
        sticking until just before it was time to leave. I know, I know..

        I picked up someone else's sticks and just jammed fast and hard for
        about 15 minutes. It felt great, especially since the sticks had a
        satisfyingly loud sound. My own sticks are pretty quiet and I'd
        forgotten how much fun it can be to make that much noise.
      • Noomi Ljungdell
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2000
          greetings

          >I picked up someone else's sticks and just jammed fast and hard for
          >about 15 minutes. It felt great, especially since the sticks had a
          >satisfyingly loud sound. My own sticks are pretty quiet and I'd
          >forgotten how much fun it can be to make that much noise.

          mine are sounding like a highheals on asfalt. Is it the wood or the tape
          that has the efect to chance the sounds? my friend has a similar stick, but
          it's half as noisy as mine and lighter as well. maybe it's just that they so
          cheap modell both. varies from stick to another.

          tic toc

          Noomi

          http://profiles.msn.com