Re: Quote of The Day

  • black_detroiter1
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2001
      Rev. Garret is African-American. Sisters that are
      involved with brothers that are undercover bisexuals
      deserve to know the health risks they face. I don't see
      what is so odd about calling folks out on that. With
      AIDS striking young African-Americans at a higher rate
      than any other group in the U.S., this kind of
      behavior, as well as other forms of dangerous sexual
      behavior, is indeed a recipe for distinction. I failed to
      see your point. I failed to see how saying that was a
      crazy statement. You are a female, correct? If you were
      dating a man that was also seeing other men wouldn't you
      want to know that he was bi? Wouldn't you want to know
      that he was engaging in behavior that could prove
      dangerous and fatal to you? Sounds reasonable to me. I
      don't see whats repressive about that. If brothers want
      to do that, they should be upfront about it, not
      seak around on the DL. Put yourself in the place of
      the sister that contracts AIDS through no fault of
      her own, but because her mate is engaging in behavior
      that she had no knowledge of.<br><br>I deleted that
      thread to avoid getting into this at this level. Out of
      the thousands that have seen that article by Rev.
      Garrett on this message board and the others that I have
      seen it, you are the only person I've seen that has
      had a problem with that statement.