ParentingEdforYouth

  • David and Laurie Dooley
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2003
      There are none so blind as those who refuse to see. It seems to me
      that many have closed their eyes to a tremendous opportunity.

      As far as the development of character goes, parenting is the
      linchpin! It is the key that will open the door to a future we can
      all look forward to. Parents are the great communicators of values.
      They can mold the character of children into something admirable,
      but they can also wreck the character of a child through poor
      parenting. Most kids who experience the effects of good parenting
      have good character. Period! Parenting is what we need to fix!

      Communities must work together to teach good parenting behaviors and
      practices to kids so they'll be prepared for the most important job
      they'll have as adults…raising great children! I can't imagine a
      more powerful and proactive approach to modifying culture.

      This is an invitation to join a new discussion group.

      is for people who support the organized teaching of good parenting
      behaviors and practices to youth in an effort to prepare them for
      the most important job they'll have as adults...raising responsible,
      caring, competent kids. Join with others who believe that parenting
      education for youth would be a powerful and proactive force that
      could over time transform communities grappling with child abuse,
      substance abuse, crime, and mental health issues.

      David
    • david dooley
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2004