"Motown In The School" Program official Proposal

  • billy wilson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2013
      To receive email from billy wilson, add billy_j_wilson@... to your safe sender list.
      View as Web Page Subscribe Unsubscribe Send to a Friend Preferences
      Motown Alumni Association
      Bookmark and Share

      MAA NEWSLETTER                                                                                                                                                           Tuesday February 5, 2013

      MAA TAKING ON CHILD ATTENDANCE IN DETROIT

      "Motown In The School" Program is innovative

      The primary objective of the Motown In The School Program is to get absentee children in the Detroit Public Schools to come back into the system. "Our job is to make school more inviting" said Billy Wilson founder of the Motown Alumni Association. With over 10 programs. The Motown In The School Program is one of the most innovative program in years. "We are getting stars involved... nobody ever asked the Motown stars to help," said Wilson. To all teachers, principles, churches or  recreation administrators  call the Motown Alumni Association at (734) 972-7582 to sign up for any of the programs.

      WORLD CLASS MAA ETTIQUETTE WORKSHOP ON THE BREAKING EDGE OF  AVAILABLE PROGRAMS FOR DETROIT CHILDREN

      One of the reasons Motown Artists were looked upon as cultured and respectible was because of Maxine Powell. In the 40's and 50's Maxine Powell who called herself a personal groomer opened her own etiquette based facility in Chicago. She moved to Detroit and wound up teaching the likes of Bertha Gordy (Berry Gordy's mother), and virtually all of the women of the Gordy clan.

      The Motown Alumni Association has aquired the services of world class etiquette instructors Shanithia Shahid of Three Phases To A Lady Etiquette School, and Rena Sullivan of the Protocol School Of Michigan. "We need to cultivate our children and get them to see themselves as diamonds in the rough." said Billy Wilson of the Motown Alumni Association. Where Powell considered herself as a personal groomer, Sullivan and Shahid are actual etiquette instructors. "I never taught the Motown celebrities how to hold their forks, said Maxine during an interview; "I taught those young adults how to conduct themselves in from of Kings and Queens.

      The MAA Etiquette Workshop is the only program of its kind in the nation. Corporate sponsors will be solicited to allow Detroit Schools to appreciate the 3 month, once a week program. All workshops are custom tailored to fit the needs of the selected school.

      The MAA Etiquette Workshop is also creating the weekly televised series "The MAA Etiquette Show", a half an hour instructional show on proper etiquette, and cultivated ways of handling various life experiences. The MAA is negotiating with Channels 10 and 22 on Comcast Cable to carry the broadcast.

      CECIL WOMACK (FORMER HUSBAND OF MOTOWN ICON

      MARY WELLS) DEAD AT 65 IN AFRICA

      Reported by: Ron Brewington

      R&B star Cecil Womack has died at the age of 65.

      The singer-songwriter passed away on Friday February 1, 2013  in Africa, where he lived with his wife and writing partner Linda Cooke.

      As a youngster, he was part of a gospel group with his brothers Bobby, Harry, Friendly and Curtis, and they were spotted by Sam Cooke of the Soul Stirrers.

      Cooke nurtured the group and they changed their name to The Valentinos.

      The Valentinos are Motown Alumni! Yeap, the Womacks are Motowners also. In 1975 they were the only group on the defunked Motown label Gaiee. The 7-inch A-side single " I Was Born This Way" and the B-side "Liberation" were the only songs  were the only single(s) released.

      However, Womack preferred writing and producing, and penned tracks for stars including Teddy Pendergrass and Patti LaBelle, as well as his first wife Mary Wells.

      Womack and Linda, who was the daughter of Sam Cooke, moved to Africa in recent years so the star could explore his African heritage. In later years he took the name Zekuumba Zekkariyas.

      3D TECHNOLOGY WITHOUT GLASSES COMING TO DETROIT

      Intrepid's "Lifevision 3D" Technology (3D without glasses) has taken the high road to introduce the pending technology of Lifevision 3D (without glasses) into select Detroit Schools hopefully in 2013.

      In 2011 Detroit's Pasteur Elementary School was the first known educational facility in the nation to host  the introduction of 3D technology without glasses. During the presentation administrators, teachers, and students got the opportunity to observe two different types of screens without glasses. Jim Fishbaugh the curator of the technology said " We have always wanted to get this technology into the Detroit Public Schools."

      The technology is currently housed at Wayne State University at the Engineering & Technology School.  The Motown Alumni Association has been a consultant for Community Affairs for Fishbaugh and his 3D creation for nearly 2 years.

      DIANA ROSS DAUGHTER STANDING ON HER OWN

      Girl Groups Sparkle At Motown Museum

      reported by: Brian McCollum (Detroit Free Press)

      DETROIT - For such a little house on West Grand Boulevard, a lot of big things came out of Hitsville, U.S.A.

      That's often a challenge for the Motown Museum, situated in the cozy confines of the label's original headquarters, as it seeks to convey both the magnitude and the particulars of Motown's contribution to the world...

      Read the entire article by clicking here: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-02-

      04/travel/vs-travel-detroit-motown-museum-20130204_1_girl-groups-hitsville-west-grand-boulevard

      ASHFORD & SIMPSON'S SUGAR BAR THRIVING IN NEW YORK

      Album: Marvin Gaye, Trouble Man (Expanded Edition)

      reported by: NICK COLEMAN ( The Independent)

      It's a three-horse race in the blaxploitation movie soundtrack music stakes, between Superfly, Shaft and this fella, and this fella might, arguably, push Superfly to the line. Read the entire story by clicking the link: http://www.inde

      pendent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/album-marvin-gaye-trouble-man-expanded-edition-motown-8478252.html

      BOOKINGS ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE "DETROIT DIVAS TRIBUTE TO THE MOTOWN DIVAS" SHOW

      Book the "Detroit Diva Tribute To The Motown Divas" Today, call (734) 972-7582

      Chick here to see the promo video: http://issuu.com/maanews/docs/detroitdivas

      Kim Weston live at the Dominion Theatre, London 1990

      We have reached back in time and found a 1990 video of Motown great Kim Weston in London. Kim is also presented in the Motown In The School Program presented above... Enjoy!

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=U6SamGcEauQ

      THE ORIGINAL VANDELLAS OPEN FOR BOOKINGS FOR 2013

      Contact: RICHARD DURYEA at: (203) 733-7002

      Corporate Sponsors Needed for the "Motown In The School" Program

      The Motown Alumni Association is in need of corporate and private sponsors. If you took a look at the "Motown In The School" proposals at the top of this newsletter you will find ground breaking programs that encompass celebrities, and stars that are willing to add their experience into this productive plan. We are working on getting 50,000 children back into the Detroit School System in 2 years. We want to go it alone without taxing the school system financially. We have a number of fiscal sponsors that will allow sponsors to get a 100% tax exempt. In-kind services are also welcome and needed. The Motown Alumni Association is extremely determined to make dreams happen. The children need us; we have been sitting, pointing, and waiting for others to do what we are moving forward in doing.

      Please partner with us. Your contribution will be used effectively. You can select the program your money will be used for. We will also give a bi-monthly report on the progress of the program. The Detroit Public Schools have over 50,000  children in the system. Though we are shooting for 50,000 children to come back, our ultimate goal of 100,000 children within 5 years is our big picture.  Call (734) 972-7582 to get the Sponsorship package today.

      Cordially,

      Billy Wilson

      Founder

      Motown Alumni Association

      15821 Stout St.

      Detroit, Michigan 48223

      (734) 972-7582

      email: MotownAlumniAssociation@...

      Facebook @ MotownAlumniAssociation

      Twitter @ MotownAlumni

      Motown Alumni Association  •  15821 Stout  •  Detroit  •  MI  •  48223
      http://motownalumniAssociation.com

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)
      Subscribe   •   Unsubscribe   •   Preferences   •   Send to a Friend