Interruption of Crime Alert Service. Urgent!

  • c.primas@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2011
      From: spotcrime.com <system@...>
      Sent: Monday, March 07, 2011 3:06 PM
      To: CharlesPrimas <c.primas@...>
      Subject: Interruption of Crime Alert Service. Urgent!

      Dear Customer,

      The crime mapping vendor - CrimeMapping.com, that is the vendor for your Police Department's crime data in Detroit, has objected to our providing that public crime data to you in an alert format.

      While personally I believe this sets a potentially negative precedent of controlling information through only one outlet. To avoid the possibility of a lawsuit, we will no longer be providing crime alerts in your area until the matter is resolved.

      SpotCrime is committed to providing free crime alerts to the public, and we do not charge police agencies for our services. We believe that typical savings for public crime mapping can range from $20 k to $350 k. This is a service we provide for free through, SpotCrime and MylocalCrime.

      The only impediment for us to provide this service is the willingness of your police agency to make their crime data fully public with no restrictions.

      I implore you to reach out to your elected officials and your police department and ask them to make timely crime data fully accessible in spreadsheet format and fully public to everyone- this should include the news media.

      Sincerely,

      Colin Drane
      Founder
      SpotCrime.com
      MyLocalCrime.com
      UCrime.com
      877.410.1607

      -
      Regards,

      Charles C. Primas

      http://www.charlesprimas.com

      Get PAID for products and services you use EVERYDAY. Let me show you how.

      "Those who do not move, do not notice their chains." - Rosa Luxemburg

      http://www.whatsthedealaboutlandmark.com/
    • Charles C. Primas
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2011

        Update: Visit www.crimemapping.com

        They have the service there for free as well. Apparently there is an issue between the two groups.