Re: Elect a crazy council, get crazy results

  • juststand341
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2009
      Well stated!

      --- In Detroiters@yahoogroups.com, "c.primas@..." <c.primas@...> wrote:

      > We have just enough nuts so that the sane people would not even
      think about signing up.

      > What was the old quote "never argue with a fool, people might not be
      able to tell which one is the fool".

      > --
      > Regards,
      >
      > Charles C. Primas
      >
      > http://www.charlesprimas.com
      >
      > http://www.detroitbusinesstoday.net
      >
      > "If everything seems to be under control, you're just not going fast
      enough." ... Mario Andretti, Formula One and Grand Prix driving legend

    • agreen513@att.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 2, 2009
        Change is coming.......

        Subj: [Detroiters] Re: Elect a crazy council, get crazy results
        Date: Sun Mar 1, 2009 10:11 am
        Size: 2K
        To: Detroiters@yahoogroups.com

        --- In Detroiters@yahoogroups.com, Charles C Primas <c.primas@...> wrote:

        > Hazel or Allen Park. Now you are pushing it!
        >
        > --
        > Regards,
        >
        > Charles C. Primas
        >
        > http://www.charlesprimas.com
        >
        > http://www.detroitbusinesstoday.net
        >
        > "If everything seems to be under control, you're just not going fast
        enough." ... Mario Andretti, Formula One and Grand Prix driving legend

        Detroit
        > > City Council chambers.
        > >
        > > My hopes for Detroit's future faded as I watched the tape of last
        > Tuesday's
        > > council meeting, the one that considered the Cobo Center
        expansion deal.

        > > It was a tragic circus, a festival of ignorance that confirmed
        the No. 1
        > > obstacle to Detroit's progress is the bargain basement leaders
        that city
        > > voters elect. The black nationalism that is now the dominant
        > ideology of the
        > > council was on proud display, both at the table and in the audience.
        > >
        > > Speakers advocating for the deal were taunted by the crowd and cut
        > short by
        > > Council President Monica Conyers, who presided over the hearing
        like an
        > > angry bulldog; whites were advised by the citizens to, "Go home."
        > >
        > > Opponents were allowed to rant and ramble on uninterrupted about
        "those
        > > people" who want to steal Detroit's assets and profit from the city's
        > > labors.
        > >
        > > A pitiful Teamster official who practically crawled to the table
        on his
        > > knees expressing profuse respect for this disrespectful body was

        --- message truncated ---
      • juststand341
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
          Oh yeah. More change than we can imagine... or anticipate....

          --- In Detroiters@yahoogroups.com, <agreen513@...> wrote:

          > Change is coming.......

        • Unknow for the World
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 5, 2009
            I'm watching Foxdetroit.com with Patterson want to take the fist...my 8 yr old who should be in bed...said, Mom "I thought the fist means that You stand Up and fight for What You Want" I'm not sure but she also think it point toward Canada...does it...?

            When I was attending Southeastern Hight School, back in the early 70's but I remember attending a friends class for drop outs.

            The Teacher drew a circle to repersent Detroit, then he drew arrows of Detroitors moving out toward the Suburns, and the Suburns moving Back into the City...? this was his Prediction...but it's so happening Now.

            This teacher also said that If You don't get an Education You will Not be able to afford to Live in Detroit let along work in the City of Detroit.

            My reason for leaving Detroit is because I'm Not a Fighter and the safty for my Daughter....she's Not a fighter either...

            Will Ck Detroit Out of these Issuses...