Re: Monica Conyers could be next to run for Detroit mayor

  • detroiter43
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2009
      The Mothership is much closer, thus you will not have to burn carbon
      based fuel and cause more global warming. It is better that you stay
      with us and help elect sane and rational Detroiters to the City
      Council.

      --- In Detroiters@yahoogroups.com, juststand341 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > That's it! I am borrowing a space shuttle and blasting off to the
      moon
      > as a relocation strategy! LOL!
      >
      > --- In Detroiters@yahoogroups.com, "Charles C. Primas" <c.primas@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > February 27, 2009
      > >

      > > Monica Conyers could be next to run for Detroit mayor
      > >
      > > BY ZLATI MEYER
      > > FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

      http://www.freep.com/article/20090227/NEWS01/902270430/1003/Conyers+co
      uld+be
      > > +next+to+run+for+mayor
      > >
      > > Detroit City Council President Monica Conyers says she has been
      > asked to run
      > > for mayor.
      > >
      > > "We need a woman," she said during a Channel 2 news "Let It Rip"
      segment
      > > Thursday. "People have asked me and I didn't say a word. ... I'm
      just
      > > listening."
      > >
      > > Conyers got her current council position after former Council
      > President Ken
      > > Cockrel Jr. replaced Kwame Kilpatrick as mayor. If Cockrel -- who
      will
      > > battle Dave Bing in the special May election for the remainder of
      > > Kilpatrick's term -- loses, he'll return to his council seat.
      > >
      > > Conyers' comments came two weeks after she said she's considering
      not
      > > running for City Council again.
      > >
      > > "Sometimes, I think of this job, it's like, is it all worth it?"
      Conyers
      > > said on WMXD-FM (92.3). "It's just so much scrutiny for
      nothing. ...
      > But now
      > > here I am in this office, and it's just like, beat up on Monica."
      > >

      > > --
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > >
      > > Charles C. Primas
      > >
      > > WWW.CHARLESPRIMAS. <http://www.charlesprimas.com/> COM
      > > WWW.DETROITBUSINESS <http://www.detroitbusinesstoday.net/>
      TODAY.NET

      > > "If everything seems to be under control, you're just not going
      fast
      > > enough." ... Mario Andretti, Formula One and Grand Prix driving
      legend

    • juststand341
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2009
        Well, ok if you insist I will hang on a bit longer...LOL!