Computers Missing From Detroit Public Schools

  • Charles C. Primas
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3 3:06 AM
      Computers Missing From Detroit Public Schools
      ClickonDetroit.com
      updated 5:48 a.m. ET, Tues., Feb. 3, 2009

      DETROIT - Brand new Dell computers intended for students at Detroit City High School are gone and only the invoice for the more than $52,000 purchase remains.

      Forty-one computers were supposedly dropped off at the school in July but went missing in November. Police were notified of the incident and the school's law department is investigating.

      Detroit School Board member Marie Thornton wants to know where, and why, the computers are missing.

      "We as a board vote to make sure computers and the supplies are there, but if it's going to go out the back door, then we got a serious problem and somebody definitely needs to go to jail," Thornton said.

      This is not a one time problem.

      Since 2004, almost $200,000 worth of computer equipment, purchased by the school district, has disappeared before it got into the hands of Detroit school children.

      "We're in the business for the children, we're not in the business for someone to reap benefits of children in the Detroit Public Schools," Thornton said. "And if I have to be that pitt bull, or the thorn in their side, to get to the bottom of this, this is what I plan to do."

      Thornton said she hopes whoever is responsible goes to jail.

      "You don't bother children or mess with old folks," she said.

      --

      Regards,

      Charles C. Primas

      WWW.CHARLESPRIMAS. COM
      WWW.DETROITBUSINESS TODAY.NET

      "If everything seems to be under control, you're just not going fast enough." ... Mario Andretti, Formula One and Grand Prix driving legend

    • detroiter43
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4 12:14 PM
        Why weren't the computers in the students hands as soon as school
        opened?

        --- In Detroiters@yahoogroups.com, "Charles C. Primas" <c.primas@...>