Re: [Detroiters] DPS

  • mzsuzuki@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7 12:58 PM
      I can't really answer that with certainty but I will tell you this.
      According Wayne County RESA, which is in charge of all schools, public and charter in
      Wayne County. MLKJr. Education Center Academy, Ross Hill Academy, Timbuktu
      and a couple of other schools are CHARTERED by Detroit Public Schools. So I
      guess
      my question is if DPS can charter schools and have charter schools then they
      are really not against
      Charter Schools? So it would be to their benefit to sell old school
      buildings to the schools that they charter..but I am just thinking out loud really.

      However I do know that most of the charter schools that I know about
      personally are in new schools because they wanted to have certain technology wiring
      in place for one thing. However not all charter schools
      use a lot of technology, just a couple of the ones that I am familiar with.

      In a message dated 6/7/2008 9:20:20 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      ltheriot@... writes:

      Is it true that DPS will not sell any of there closed school buildings
      to charter schools?

      Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.