Re: [Detroiters] Re: School Transformation or Status Quo for Detroit?

  • Louis Theriot
    Message 1 of 49 , Apr 30, 2008
      Whatever happen to Marva Collins? Didn't she have a proven working system
      for educating "urban" youth.

    • mzsuzuki@aol.com
      Message 49 of 49 , May 4, 2008
        No I am not leaving the parents out...Who do you think has to sign the
        permission slips for the children
        to be involved in these activities. Who provides the transportation or the
        bus money for the child to
        get to these programs/activities. I would never leave the parent out
        because there must be a partnership
        between, home, school and the community. "It takes a village to raise a
        child!"

        In a message dated 5/4/2008 8:56:42 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        ltheriot@... writes:

        You seem to be leaving the parents out of this. I feel it is the primary
        responsibility of the parents to see that their child gets an education at
        least until they reach 18.

        (mailto:Detroiters@yahoogroups.com) <Detroiters%Detroiters%<WBDet>)

        (http://autos.http//autos.http://autos.) ) <__WBhttp://au_W_ (wbhttp://au__/) (_wbhttp://au_w_
        (wbhttp://au_/) )
        (http://autos.http//autos.http://autos.) <_WBhttp://au__ (wbhttp://au_/)
        > (_http://autos.http://autos.http://autos.<WBhttp://au_
        (http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851) ) ) )

        > ************ ************<WBR>**Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight?
        > family
        > favorites at AOL Food.
        > (_http://food.http://food.<WBhttp://food.http://food.<WBRhttp_
        (http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?NCID=aolfod00030000000001) )

        _Messages in this topic _
        (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Detroiters/message/42048;_ylc=X3oDMTM2bW4zYWFlBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzUxMTY5NjEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1
        MjQyMjAyBG1zZ0lkAzQyMjcyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTIwOTkwNTc3OQR0cGNJZA
        M0MjA0OA--) (48) _Reply (via web post) _
        (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Detroiters/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxNjEwMTNqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzUxMTY5NjEEZ3Jwc3BJZAM
        xNzA1MjQyMjAyBG1zZ0lkAzQyMjcyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTIwOTkwNTc3OQ--?
        act=reply&messageNum=42272) | _Start a new topic _
        (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Detroiters/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZ3JqOG1jBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzUxMTY5NjEE
        Z3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjQyMjAyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTIwOTkwNTc3OQ--)
        _Messages_
        (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Detroiters/messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJlMmlnY2o5BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzUxMTY5NjEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjQyMjAyBHNlYwNmdHIEc
        2xrA21zZ3MEc3RpbWUDMTIwOTkwNTc3OQ--) | _Files_
        (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Detroiters/files;_ylc=X3oDMTJmM3RydGV1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzUxMTY5NjEEZ3
        Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjQyMjAyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2ZpbGVzBHN0aW1lAzEyMDk5MDU3Nzk-) |
        _Photos_
        (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Detroiters/photos;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZG9hMGw4BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzUxMTY5NjEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjQyMjAyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3B
        ob3QEc3RpbWUDMTIwOTkwNTc3OQ--) | _Links_
        (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Detroiters/links;_ylc=X3oDMTJmcDViOXNzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzUxMTY5NjEEZ3Jwc3BJ
        ZAMxNzA1MjQyMjAyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2xpbmtzBHN0aW1lAzEyMDk5MDU3Nzk-) | _Polls_
        (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Detroiters/polls;_ylc=X3oDMTJmbzZ2MmdtBF9TAzk3M
        zU5NzE0BGdycElkAzUxMTY5NjEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjQyMjAyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3BvbGxzBHN
        0aW1lAzEyMDk5MDU3Nzk-) | _Members_
        (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Detroiters/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJlcHJrOWI1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzUxMTY5NjEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMx
        NzA1MjQyMjAyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA21icnMEc3RpbWUDMTIwOTkwNTc3OQ--) | _Calendar_
        (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Detroiters/calendar;_ylc=X3oDMTJkb3FsdmQ1BF9TAzk
        3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzUxMTY5NjEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjQyMjAyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2NhbARzd
        GltZQMxMjA5OTA1Nzc5)
        Post message:
        Detroiters@yahoogroups.com
        Subscribe:
        Detroiters-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        List owner:
        Detroiters-owner@yahoogroups.com

        _Change settings via the Web_
        (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Detroiters/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJmOWtjZjUzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzUxMTY5NjEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjQyM
        jAyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3N0bmdzBHN0aW1lAzEyMDk5MDU3Nzk-) (Yahoo! ID required)
        Change settings via email: _Switch delivery to Daily Digest_
        (mailto:Detroiters-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email Delivery: Digest) | _Switch format
        to Traditional_ (mailto:Detroiters-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change
        Delivery Format: Traditional)
        _Visit Your Group _
        (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Detroiters;_ylc=X3oDMTJkNGZvM3JxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzUxMTY5NjEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjQyMjAyBHNlYwNmdHIE
        c2xrA2hwZgRzdGltZQMxMjA5OTA1Nzc5) | _Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use _
        (http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/) | _Unsubscribe _

        Recent Activity
        * 2
        _New Members_
        (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Detroiters/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmbHFvMmRwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzUxMTY5NjEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjQyMjAyBHNlYwN2dG
        wEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEyMDk5MDU3Nzk-)
        * 1
        _New Files_
        (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Detroiters/files;_ylc=X3oDMTJnNDA5NDh0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzUxMTY5NjEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjQyMjAyBHNlYwN2dGwEc2
        xrA3ZmaWxlcwRzdGltZQMxMjA5OTA1Nzc5)

        _Visit Your Group _
        (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Detroiters;_ylc=X3oDMTJlaW1yMmxxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzUxMTY5NjEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MjQyMjAyBHNlYwN2dGwE
        c2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTIwOTkwNTc3OQ--)

        Featured Y! Groups
        _and category pages._ (http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13old5et2/M
        =493064.12016306.12445698.8674578/D=groups/S=1705242202:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1209912979/L=/B=zvsmC0
        LaX9I-/J=1209905779551269/A=4763760/R=0/SIG=11ou7otip/*http://advision.webeven
        ts.yahoo.com/bestofyahoogroups/)
        There is something
        for everyone.