Part Two

  • jaysoul2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2001
      I am tired of discussing what is wrong, and maybe
      because I am young I feel that action needs to be taken
      now. I know I am not the only one. I am angry at the
      fact that we allow our PS system to remain ineffective
      with educating our youths and go without sufficient
      playgrounds. I am fed up with piss poor city transit system. I
      am disgusted with local job opportunities. And that
      my friends, is just the tip of the iceberg. There is
      many more concern that I share with other Detroit
      residents. My question is simple, what is the invisible
      force that is holding us back from taken action
      (becoming as active as our four fathers in what occurs in
      our community)? Has picket lines and sit-ins gone out
      of fashion? If not sign me up for the next one that
      deals with positive change that pertains to Detroit and
      its residents. Damn it. All of us should be out there
      going to out local high school get our youths involved,
      demanding support form our churches on the social injustice
      that continues to occur and creating a just political
      arena in the city of Detroit. We still have not
      realized that it takes a people to create social change
      for our own empowerment.<br><br>My dream is similar
      to Martin��s dream. Its the hope that one day we
      shall overcome focusing too much of our energy on
      physiological needs, safety needs, belongingness and love
      needs, and esteem needs. To finally start fulfilling the
      need of self-actualization (fulfilling one��s innate
      potentials). Become greater than the sum of our parts. If this
      is to ever occur we must act now. For ourselves, for
      our community, our personal future and the future of
      our children. I believe that to be our true
      obligation, is accepting responsibility for the city we
      reside inn. The time to act is now, because tomorrow
      never existed.<br><br> I offer my home as a meeting
      place for those who have this same desire, in mind. And
      for you who don��t, hell I will even throw in some
      refreshments (Kool-Aid and Bettermaid chips, if that��s what
      it takes). There has been to many whom have died for
      the few freedoms we have now. So that their children
      could do more them sit around talk and complain,
      without action. DO NOT LET THIER SACRIFICE DIE IN
      revolutionary act is and act of love, and love is the engine to
      the revolution