Re:EDITORIAL: Rebuilding trust will be toughest test

  • black_detroiter1
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 1, 2008
      If I recall correctly, ALL 3 or 4 of the strippers that were at that
      party that never happened are dead or came close to being dead. I
      think the others managed to leave town first.

      --- In Detroiters@yahoogroups.com, RE Kushner List Account <lists@...>
      wrote:

      > Charles Primas wrote:
      > > That doesn't prove much. Don't Detroit Police cops use 9mm handguns as
      > > standard issue?
      > >

      > She was murdered with a .40 caliber firearm using DPD issued bullets.
      >
      > -Ron

    • Gerald Dajnowicz
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 2, 2008
        How can you have a confidentiality agreement when
        public funds are concerned. I for one want to know
        where my money is spent.

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • RE Kushner List Account
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 2, 2008
          black_detroiter1 wrote:
          > If I recall correctly, ALL 3 or 4 of the strippers that were at that
          > party that never happened are dead or came close to being dead. I
          > think the others managed to leave town first.
          >

          > --- In Detroiters@yahoogroups.com, RE Kushner List Account <lists@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          >> Charles Primas wrote:
          >>
          >>> That doesn't prove much. Don't Detroit Police cops use 9mm handguns as
          >>> standard issue?
          >>>

          >> She was murdered with a .40 caliber firearm using DPD issued bullets.
          >>
          >> -Ron

          And if I remember right another one was mowed down in Georgia with the
          same ammo. Exactly 12 bullets in her.

          -Ron
        • black_detroiter1
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 2, 2008
            Agreed

            --- In Detroiters@yahoogroups.com, Gerald Dajnowicz <detroiter43@...>
            wrote:

            > How can you have a confidentiality agreement when
            > public funds are concerned. I for one want to know
            > where my money is spent.

            > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

          • black_detroiter1
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 2, 2008
              I think u r right.

              wrote:

              > black_detroiter1 wrote:
              > > If I recall correctly, ALL 3 or 4 of the strippers that were at that
              > > party that never happened are dead or came close to being dead. I
              > > think the others managed to leave town first.
              > >

              > > --- In Detroiters@yahoogroups.com, RE Kushner List Account <lists@>
              > > wrote:

              > >> She was murdered with a .40 caliber firearm using DPD issued bullets.
              > >>
              > >> -Ron
              > >>

              > And if I remember right another one was mowed down in Georgia with the
              > same ammo. Exactly 12 bullets in her.
              >
              > -Ron

            • Precious
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 2, 2008
                Well, He lost mine a long time ago. My husband and I were there on
                the 30th at the city-county building demanding that he resign. Also
                council will be having a meeting on if to investgate his spending of
                city money on 02/05/2008 at the city-county building. Please pass it
                on and call council members.

                --- In Detroiters@yahoogroups.com, "Charles C. Primas" <c.primas@...>
                wrote:

                > IN OUR OPINION | MAYOR KILPATRICK
                >

                > EDITORIAL: Rebuilding trust will be toughest test
                >

                > January 31, 2008
                >
                > He's sorry. Really sorry. And Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick genuinely
                looked it
                > Wednesday night in the apology he delivered from his church. It was
                a fine
                > performance that likely won the mayor some sympathy.
                >
                > Certainly his family is entitled to that, and Detroit first lady
                Carlita
                > Kilpatrick deserves respect for making a rare public appearance at
                the
                > mayor's side to plead for privacy.
                >
                > As the mayor said, his family should be left out of this. But
                Wednesday's
                > speech can hardly be the last word from Kilpatrick.
                >
                > The citizens of Detroit need more from the mayor in the way of
                explanation,
                > not about his family troubles, but about the very public trouble he
                is
                > facing. Chiefly, there's $9 million in public money involved, paid
                out at
                > Kilpatrick's recommendation to settle a lawsuit he lost after
                trying to fire
                > two police officers whose investigation got close to his affair.
                The mayor
                > talked about his personal pain, his family's pain, the pain his
                supporters
                > must feel, but not about the financial pain he has inflicted on
                Detroit
                > taxpayers, or the pain experienced by three cops whose careers he
                tried to
                > end.
                >
                > The mayor talked about his privacy. But the people of Detroit
                should not
                > forget that it was Kilpatrick whose actions dragged all of these
                things into
                > a very public arena.
                >
                > The mayor stepped around many such questions in his remarks, saying
                he was
                > "unfortunately" unable to discuss anything that might involve
                pending legal
                > issues. That would seem to imply that he does have some plausible
                > explanation for all that has transpired. That will be the speech to
                watch,
                > especially the part about the reported "secret agreement" that was
                never
                > shown to the City Council as it approved the lawsuit settlement.
                >
                > But Wednesday night, the mayor's first public appearance since text
                messages
                > revealed that he had lied under oath to conceal an affair with
                Christine