Fwd: MWN Michigan Weekly Literary Ezine for June 29th, 2007

  • Sylvia Hubbard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2007
      MWN Michigan Literary Ezine for June 29th, 2007

      Hello and Good Afternoon, Take out your calendars again and fill it up with all the information provided below!

      From Sylvia Hubbard, Author & Founder of Motown Writers Network
      http://SylviaHubbard.com | http://MotownWriters.com

      In this issue:

      Writer's Legacy Conference and Awards in Detroit

      AUTHOR INTRODUCTION: R. C. Beckom

      HELP A FELLOW MEMBER OUT!:

      Southfield Public Library PR July Friends Book Sale

      Author Visit @ DPL: Heather Buchanan

      BYTETHIS Poetry & Rustbelt Slam News!

      mEMBER BLOG featured on Feministing!

      tHE dETROITER.COM

      NEA Awards 117 New Big Read Grants

      Book Expo America 2007 Final Update BY Kevin Wayne Johnson

      Infinite Magazine- Interviewing Authors and Looking for Writers

      EWN Short Fiction Contest by Dan Wickett

      TONIGHT! An Exclusive TV Interview About Stephanie Jones' Book: THE ENEMY BETWEEN MY LEGS

      Governor's Awards for Arts & Culture ~ Nominations Sought (hint, hint... Motown Writers Network, Sylvia Hubbard would make a great award receipient)

      Podcast Directory for 2 PR Pros hosted Pam Perry, Ministry Marketing Solutions

      Tonight @ Java Exchange | Jeff Cottrill - Toronto, Canada

      Vendor Deadline Today-tell a friend

      News from Books Ink

      Hartford Men and Women Sponsor First Annual Golf Outing

      Grand Valley State University Writers Retreat

      ABD Creativity Conference

      Career Opportunity and Networking Event

      Writer reading, reading writers & more!

      July11thHowToWriteGrants

      Cherrie Amour CD Launch

      Gathering of Writers: The Booksellers

      News from Writer's Legacy -
      Literary, Educational and Entertainment News. Summer 2007 Edition

      Greetings Writers, Readers and Filmmakers!

      I am excited about the summer being here and all the possibilities it brings. As the conference approaches I would like to encourage you to step out on faith and realize your dreams. Don't wait until it's too late, or make excuses about what you can't do, just do it! Remember-Anything is possible if you put forth the effort.

      S. Brooks -Editor in Chief

      In This Issue
      Writer's Legacy Conference and Awards in Detroit
      Available Tracks
      Sponsorship and Available
      Film Industry
      Youth Writer's Conference
      Film Project: Detroit Documentary

      Detroit Writer's Conference & Awards

      The Legacy Awards are Detroit and the Metro area'a only Awards to pay tribute to self publishers and their contributions to the publishing industry. This prestigious award is presented by Writer's Legacy every year to the trailblazers, sprited visionaries, authors and poets.

      The Conference provides you with the best education possible to help you write, publish, market and multi produce your product. We are bold and confident and faithful enought to do what we feel passionate about.

      Whether your goal is to write a book, learn to speak, start a publishing company, become a journalist, make a film or produce a play you will have all the tools you need to realize your goals. This is the only place you will find all the gurus, best and empowering at one time. Don't miss out on great food, fun, networking, onsite bookstore, contacts, resources and education. Friday night's Literary Reception with Christian entertainment and booksignings.

      Full 2 Day Conference $169.00

      One Day Conference $99.00

      Youthh Mini Conference $65.00

      Exhibitors $75.00

      Available Tracks

      Has God given you a vision? Is your ministry ready for the next level? The Christian Writer's Track is what you need. It offers all the classes you need to write, publish, market and transend your book. Classes include:

      · Self Publishing I & II- Dan Poynter
      · Inspirational Fiction-Joylynn Jossel
      · Speak Life into Your Ministry- Sheri Brooks
      · Freelance Faith Writer- Lisa Freeman
      · Internet Marketing - Dr. Maxine Thompson
      · Writing & Publishing Christian Non Fiction- Minister Elreta Dodds
      · PR/Marketing to the Christian Audience- Pamela Perry
      · Writing from the Editors Perspective- Joylynn Jossel
      · The Anthology - Valerie Coleman

      Other classes you may want to attend include:
      Screenwriting & Film Production, Exit Stage Right!, Beyond the Page, Rep Your Set I, II, III. (Legal, Publicists, Agents).

      Lights, Camera, Action! Is your book ready for film? Do you visualize your book in multiple formats? Book, Play, Movie? These are just some of the classes you may want to attend for the Filmmakers Track:

      · Self Publishing I- Dan Poynter
      · Beyond the Page-Taking Literary to TV, Film & Stage
      · Screen Writing and Film Production in 12 Easy Steps
      · Editing your Film
      · That's A Wrap
      · Film Marketing and Distribution
      · To Be Continued (The Sequel)-LA Banks
      · Is Your Set Repped? I- Legal Aspects

      Other classes you may want to attend include: Rep Your Set III- Agents, Internet Marketing.

      And of course our Standard Track which includes your basic writing, publishing and marketing classes as well as specialty classes- mystery, the series, romance, urban spice, spoken word, children's writing, and a mix of your choice of the film and Christian classes.

      Sponsorships & Ads Available

      Want to Sponsor/ Advertise?
      WL is looking for you! We have packages tailormade just for you. Whether your company is a large corporate entity or small start up, WL has sponsorships and advertising for every budget.

      If you are interested in helping improve literacy rates, building self esteem in children, allowing others to recognize dreams, understanding the challenges youth and adults face when they can't read, this is your chance to help others take advantage of an incredible opportunity and not only improve community standards but allow people to get to know who you are and that you care.

      Does your company have a service or product that attendees could benefit by using? Show your stuff! Choose from the following:

      Platinum Ink Sponsor, Gold or Silver Ink Sponsors, Bronze Ink or Black Ink Sponsors. Sponsorship Forms and Donations are due by July 15.

      SOUVENIR BOOK ADVERTISING RATES:

      Full Page $95. * ½ Page $70. * ¼ Page $50. * Business card $30.
      (All ads must be submitted camera ready or emailed jpeg except patron and business card. ALL payments for ads must be mailed with ad. or sent prior to sending email)

      SELL YOUR BOOK/PARTICIPATE IN BOOK SIGNINGS
      Do you want to participate in our booksignings on Friday evening and Saturday ? Not able to attend? You can still sell your book in our onsite bookstore? www.writerslegacy.org for the Onsite Bookstore Agreement. We look forward to showcasing your book/cd. Our attendees look forward to meeting you!

      The Film Industry

      Hey Detroit , Metro and surrounding area, do you know what's going on in the industry? Well for starters the incentives available for filmmakers in Michigan . There has also been a resurgence of movie making. The energy flowing throughout Mitten Land is incredible.

      One of the happening things I want to talk about is Detroit Women in Film and Television, Michigan 's official chapter of WIFT. They began last year with interest meetings and small events, going full force in 2007 with networking mixers and workshops. DWIFTV promises to be the creative force and base for all women (and men) seeking to promote positive images of women in the media. The organization is also charged with providing educational and networking events, developing relationships locally and internationally, supporting women in film and tv and enhancing the quality of production and providing support to independent filmmakers.

      A special thank you goes out to all who attended the Networking Mixer at Tangos Restaurant in the Westin Hotel on Thursday. It was a pleasure meeting new friends and old. Everyone has a place in the industry whether you are a writer, musician, educator, director, designer, producer, photographer or production assistant. You all contribute to film, like the hand, foot, neck, head, arm and torso form a body. It all works together. Thanks to our male support system as well. Phil you are a gem!

      DWIFTV Signature Event! The Pink Sapphire Awards. Which will honor women (men) in the film and media based arts industry for their efforts and contributions. The women in Michigan are working with such diligence and the only way to properly salute them and other women in the industry is to present them with an award. We hope that you will attend this most prestigious event on Saturday June 14, 2008. More details forthcoming in July 2007.

      Other special events coming...

      The Power Players Breakfast (July)

      Sister Screens (Monthly)

      Metro Detroit Film Conference & Festival (November)

      Screen Sails (Sail, Eat, Review) coming soon!

      DWIFT's Scholarship Fund and Grant (2009)

      If you are a woman filmmaker or work in the film and media industry, you don't have to work alone anymore. DWIFTV is here to service women in Michigan by providing resources, contacts, events and education. If you are interested in showcasing your work with us send an email to info@...

      Writer's Legacy is dedicated to assisting artists with the tools, resources and education they need to realize dreams, further careers and promote their products. WL is a proud supporter of the New Citizen's Press, Booking Matters Magazine and Poetic Justice for God. We look forward to working with you to realize your vision.

      Sincerely,

      WL Team
      Writer's Legacy www.writerslegacy.org

      Youth Mini Writer's Conference

      Did you know that if you stimulate your child's creative juices and encourage them to read you increase the chances of them becoming well balanced, educated, confident members of society.

      Our mini youth conference is for creative kids ages 8-12 and 13-18. They will attend 3 workshops taught by industry experts and receive lunch and materials needed for classes.

      Only 15 Students will be allowed in each class so register now! $65.00

      Ages 8-12
      1)Kid's Write
      2)The Actor's Studio (Writing/Acting)

      3)Creative Storytelling

      Ages 13-18
      1)Writing to Get Published
      2) The 5 Key Elements

      3) The Actor's Studio (Writing/Acting)

      www.writerslegacy.org

      Quick Links
      Register Now

      Related Topics

      Resources

      Our Sponsors
      Poetic Justice for God
      Divine Affairz Event Planning

      Our Supporters

      The New Citizen's Press

      Publishing Basics

      Blackwriters.org

      Film Project

      Documentary Screening August 2007 @ Art Gallery
      Film Diva Dossier: A Modern Perspective on Detroit 's Female Filmmakers

      From Producers to Directors, from Writers to Actors and Production Assistants this film will cover some of today's trailblazers and rising stars in the film industry. The film documents the feats and challenges faced by film divas and the mark that women have and continue to make in the wonderful world of screen media.************

      *If you would like to have your film screened at one of our meetings please send us an email with screening in the subject line. In the body of the email send us your name, title, type and length of film and your email and phone number.

      We thank you for your support and diligence on behalf of women in Michigan working in the film and media arts industry. What we do together strengthens us as a whole, while allowing us to maintain our individualism. Please make us aware of anything you are doing in the community as well so that we may support your efforts also.

      DWIFTV

      Save 20%
      Save 20% off the regular cost of one annual subscription to the New Citizen's Press- the Lansing , Michigan Newpaper that keeps you informed on events, poetry, religion, politics and the issues of the people. Mention WL71 when sending your payment for subscription.

      Offer Expires: July 1, 2007

      Forward email

      This email was sent to pamperry@..., by writerslegacy@...

      Email Marketing by

      Writer's Legacy | PO BOX 35274 | Detroit | MI | 48235

      AUTHOR INTRODUCTION:

      Name: R. C. Beckom
      Book Title: IT'S COMIN'/TRILOGY
      Pages: 108
      ISBN:1-4208-1362-5 (S-C) 1-4208-1363-3(H-C)
      Pub. Date: 2005
      Publisher: AUTHORHOUSE
      Price: $15.75 softcover $26.25 hardcover
      Contact to order: AUTHORHOUSE
      Your website TITLE: GODHEAD PRODUCTIONS
      Your website URL: www.GODHEADPRODUCTIONS.com
      Book Photo URL:www.GODHEADPRODUCTIONS.com
      Is your book Available on Amazon? Yes!

      HELP A FELLOW MEMBER OUT!:

      From: Tanya Bates" <batestr@...>

      Peace and love, as you know I am finishing my Masters Degree. I have been applying for scholarships like a mad woman. Well I need some help from you. I have been notified that I am a finalist for a $10,000 from College Toolkit. At this semi final stage, the winner will be based on number of votes received for the essay that we submitted. Would you please consider voting for me for this very important scholarship after reading the essay that I wrote for this application. I have included the link below. The deadline is 7/31/2007. Email for a copy of my essay submission, the topic was "Describe a person, place or thing that is important to you."

      http://www.collegetoolkit.com/ScholarshipContest/Vote.aspx?U=trbates1

      Thank you for your help in assisting me with this scholarship!

      Peace and love
      Tanya

      Southfield Public Library PR July Friends Book Sale

      Phone
      248.796.4362
      Fax
      248.796.4365
      News
      Release
      Date:
      June 25, 2007
      Contact:
      Community Outreach
      For Release:
      Immediate

      FRIENDS of the SOUTHFIELD PUBLIC LIBRARY
      USED BOOK SALE

      Southfield, MI - The Friends of the Southfield Public Library Book Cellar used book store will be open in July on:

      Thursday, July 5 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
      Saturday, July 7 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
      Thursday, July 19 10:00am – 8:00pm

      This month’s HALF OFF specials are: Hard Cover Fiction & Mystery Books:

      FEATURED BOOK SELECTIONS

      ***************Featured Books***************

      The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
      By Terryl Whitlatch and Bob Carrau

      Designed as a naturalist's sketch book (with a genuine dewback hide cover) and featuring the meticulous illustrations of Star Wars' artist Terryl Whitlatch, The Wildlife of Star Wars is truly the definitive guide to the creatures of George Lucas's mega creation. With simple pen and ink, the artist captures the unusual anatomy, the extraordinary behavior, and the rainbow hues of the most interesting wildlife on Naboo, Hoth, Endor, and the other planets of Star Wars. Detailed field notes scrawled in the margins describe the mysterious graveyard of the banthas, the mating patterns of the prolific female shaaks, the skittish nature of the rontos, and how the eopies spit stomach contents when irritated. Thorough, precise, and totally entertaining, The Wildlife of Star Wars is the reference book to the nonsentient inhabitants of this galaxy. Book Condition is Excellent, but there is no dust jacket.

      Book Cellar Price - $5.00

      The Smithsonian Collection of Newspaper Comics
      Edited by Bill Blackbeard and Martin Williams with a foreword by John Canaday.

      Originally published in 1977 this volume includes “some of the most accomplished and critically notable strips from the Yellow Kid of 1896 – the first to attain definitive form – to such admired contemporary works as Peanuts, B.C., and Doonesbury. Along the way we come across old favorites: Katzenjammer Kids, Mutt and Jeff, The Gumps, Gasoline Alley, Moon Mullins, Bringing Up Father, Mickey Mouse, Little Orphan Annie, Dick Tracy, Li’l Abner, Barnaby, Pogo, and ever so many more.”
      These newspaper comic strips are an important part of our cultural history. They are also fun to read—and are meant to be enjoyed.

      This oversized volume is in excellent condition as is the Dust Cover.

      Book Cellar Price - $15.00

      The Friends Book Cellar is located on the lower level of the Southfield Public Library. The Friends need donations for the upcoming book sale. Donations may be brought to the Circulation Area Lobby during regular library hours. Please place books in the book chute by the Circulation Desk along with magazines no older than three months. Do not put audio visual materials down the chute, hand them to the staff members at the desk. If you have a large donation, you may go to the Drive-up Services window and they will direct you to the loading dock for assistance. Staff at the Drive-up Services window or at the Guest Services desk can provide you with a receipt for your tax-deductible contribution.
      Become a Friend of the Southfield Public Library. To find out more about becoming a member of the Friends, please call 248.796.4397.
      The Library is located in the Southfield Municipal Complex at 26300 Evergreen Road . For further information, please call 248.796.4200.

      Author Visit @ DPL: Heather Buchanan Jun 25, 2007 | 4:40 PM
      Category: News

      Author Visit
      Heather Buchanan

      Award-winning writer, editor, playwright and publisher, Author Heather Buchanan will read from and sign her novel Dark River at Detroit Public Library’s Main Library on July 14, 2007.

      Her latest project, based in early Detroit, is a tale of greed, lust, murder and love. Dark River tells a story of woman who inherits a Detroit estate and becomes a pawn in one of the greatest riverfront scandals in American history. Come on in to the Main Library to get your books signed and to hear her speak about her experience and works.

      An excellent summer read, this chilling tale will leave you yearning for more. This event is free and open to the public. For more information, please call us at 313-833-4042 or visit our website at www.detroitpubliclibrary.org.

      Author Visit: Heather Buchanan
      July 14, 2007
      2:00pm

      Detroit Public Library- Main Library
      Old Fine Arts
      5201 Woodward
      Detroit, MI 48202
      www.detroitpubliclibrary.org

      #yiv2145782132 { FONT-SIZE:14px;COLOR:#993300;}#yiv2145782132 TD {FONT-SIZE:14px;COLOR:#993300;}#yiv2145782132 TH {FONT-SIZE:14px;COLOR:#993300;}#yiv2145782132 {MARGIN:0px;BACKGROUND-COLOR:#ffffff;}#yiv2145782132 A:link {COLOR:#993300;TEXT-DECORATION:none;}#yiv2145782132 A:visited {COLOR:#993300;TEXT-DECORATION:none;}#yiv2145782132 A:hover {COLOR:#993300;TEXT-DECORATION:none;}#yiv2145782132 A:active {COLOR:#993300;TEXT-DECORATION:none;}#yiv2145782132 .style9 {FONT-SIZE:12px;COLOR:#ffffff;FONT-FAMILY:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;}

      Detroit Poetry Collective
      presents...

      THE BYTETHIS POETRY SERIES
      Evr'y Tuesday Night!!!
      June 26, 2007
      We Are Featuring
      Logic The Poet!!!!
      Admission is ONLY $5!
      ($3 before 8:30pm)

      "THE BYTETHIS POETRY SERIES...."
      Comedy, Monologues, Poetry Readings , Performances, etc...
      Come Join Us @ Beans & Bytes
      4200 Woodward Ave , Detroit MI
      8:30pm until 11:00pm

      Poetry, Family and Fun is in effect!

      WITH HOSTS:
      Lashaun phoenix Moore DJ Eitan
      &

      The Detroit Poetry Collective

      UP NEXT ON BYTETHIS...

      7/3 Feature Free
      7/10 La Shaun phoenix Moore's Birthday Bash
      7/17 Kinetic Affect
      7/24 Inhos Sivad, Unplugged
      7/31 Feature Free
      8/7 Feature Free
      8/14 Justice
      8/21 Diamond Dancer
      8/28 Will Copeland
      9/4 Feature Free

      ***Featured Poetry Readings/Performances are by invitation only. If you are interested in featuring at Beans & Bytes then please contact the Detroit Poetry Collective at bytethis@... or powerfulblackwowan19@...
      or visit us at the BYTETHIS POETRY SERIES on Tuesday nights. Features are paid between $30 & $500.***

      The BYTETHIS POETRY SERIES::
      The Detroit 2007 Rustbelt Squad

      Detroit is doin' it again!!! Mad love and support goes to our Detroit Cave Canem Fellows 2007: Vievee Francis, Tommye Blount, Christina Archer, Jamaal May, and Francine Harris!
      Write good poems you guys and we'll see you when you get home!!!

      And again, congratulations to Aricka "Epiphany" Foreman, Cassie Poe, Omari "Kingwise" Barksdale, and Londell....THE 2007 WINNERS OF THE PSI RUSTBELT SLAM! And Congrats to Jamaal "Versiz" May for his win as the 2007 "indy" champion of the Rustbelt Slam!!!

      In other BYTETHIS news, the Tuesday night Series has been wonderful for the past couple of weeks! (ask Righteous Knowledge) We've had standing room only crowds, big laughs, amazing singers, and beautiful poems. So come out and enjoy with us... we hope to see you this week, June 26, at
      the BYTETHIS POETRYSERIES!

      This network may only be used for sending permission based email.
      If you did not request to receive this message, please notify us.

      This email was sent to sylviahubbard1@... by bytethis@... | Read our Privacy Policy.
      Detroit Poetry Collective Inc. - 5766 Trumbull, Unit 106, Detroit, Michigan, 48208, United States

      Sylvia Hubbard - Author of Stone's Revenge, erotic intrigue, Mistaken Identity

      >Free Novels Available on the site!
      http://myspace.com/sylviahubbard | NOW AVAILABLE: katrinaanthology.com

      Local NABJ chapter changes its name, sharpens its focus

      Local NABJ chapter changes its name,
      sharpens its focus

      DETROIT, MI – The organization long known as the Detroit Chapter of the National Association of Black Journalists (DC-NABJ) recently announced that they will change their name to the Detroit Association of Black Journalists (DABJ). More than just a name change, the move is part of a larger effort to redefine the organization’s overall focus, service offerings and brand to better serve its ever-growing local member base while fulfilling the overall goals of the National Association of Black Journalists’ (NABJ) organization.

      “We’re thrilled to take the DABJ name, which reaffirms our short and long-term commitment to Detroit minority media professionals and communication specialists,” said DABJ President Chris Campbell. “It makes sense for us to adopt the new name because our greatest strength is the expertise and experience of our member base and the name change shows that we are completely committed to their interests.”

      The name change is effective immediately and is part of a comprehensive plan to update and revise its image that will progressively roll out over a 6-month period. The Detroit Association of Black Journalists is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization whose mission is to empower minority media professionals and ensure equitable representation of minorities in media. It has adopted as its core the principals of value, integrity, quality and professionalism.

      “This decision distinctively honors Detroit metropolitan media and their legacy,” added Andrew Humphrey, DABJ Vice President of Broadcast, who initially proposed the name change. “We are an association committed to supporting local area journalism students and professionals and upholding the highest journalism standards and integrity. This action is a perfect reflection of our region and mission.”

      While the name change signifies a bold move to broaden its reach and embrace new membership, one of the organization’s primary objectives is to serve its existing member base and continue to be connected to its history and the journalists who helped to forge it.

      “We are the same organization,” added DABJ Secretary Dorothy Redmond. “We are merely integrating new philosophies and solutions to our way of doing things and felt that it was important that our organization name better reflect our underlying purpose, which is to serve the Detroit media community as we function as a local chapter of the NABJ.”

      Later in the fall season, DABJ will unveil a new web site, www.dabj.org, as its official source for news and information. DABJ holds monthly forums at the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History (MAAH) each third Thursday of the month. Each forum is designed to provide ongoing education, programs, services, advocacy and free exchange of information among members. The DABJ recently acquired a home office located at 65 Cadillac Square, Suite #2200, Detroit, MI 48226. For more information call DABJ President Chris Campbell at (248) 632-0361 or DABJ Secretary Dorothy Redmond at (313) 850-8236, and/or call the DABJ office at (313) 309-3235.

      MEMBER BLOG featured on Feministing!

      Hey Everyone:

      My blog was just featured on the very popular Feministing.com. If you go to this link http://feministing.com/archives/007260.html#more and click on the "several amazing women of color bloggers" link you'll find my blog listed - YAY!!!!!!!

      All my best,

      Adele

      Adele Nieves
      Contemporary Writer & Journalist, focusing on politics and women's issues
      917.923.1221 (cell)
      adele@...
      www.liquidwordsproductions.com
      Blog: www.abookwithoutacover.blogspot.com

      NEW BOOK COMING SOON! ... What We Think: Gender Roles, Women's Issues and Feminism in the 21st Century
      www.liquidwordsproductions.com/bookstore.html

      Hey Folks,

      Tonight, check out the 49th Annual Freedom Fest Fireworks display from either side of the Detroit river (weather permitting.) Before you check out the fireworks, swing by MOCAD for a conversation about the State of Arts Writing in Detroit - featuring arts writers from the area, including your own arts editor! From there catch "This Week In Art" at the Motor City Brewing Works featuring work by Mark Sengbusch. For this week's Arts Features, please come back to thedetroiter.com tomorrow for a special interview and more.

      In Lit, contributor Heather McMacken interviews poet to watch Zilka Joseph. In Music, new contributor "Jazzcook" profiles the uplifting country music stylings of local favorite Dani Marine.

      In addition to the Fireworks, the Riverfest and 8 Days in June at the DSO continue through the week, there are films to see at the DFT and DFC, music, and much more. Our Events listings have become much more extensive lately due to new events editor Nicole Rupersburg, check them out for a variety of things to see and do in the city. And of course, arts calendar editor Tom Carbone keeps you up-to-date each and every week with Detroit's most comprehensive arts calendar. Check it out online, and print out a copy to take with you and share. To go directly to the arts calendar please click here.

      Check out the new stories, new reviews , and all the resources of thedetroiter.com, as we continue unearthing a great American city, one story at a time.

      Click here to visit thedetroiter.com now.

      Thanks,

      John Sousanis & Nick Sousanis

      NEA Awards 117 New Big Read Grants
      by Rachel Deahl, PW Daily
      The National Endowment for the Arts has upped the participation level in its Big Read program... in a big way. On Monday the organization awarded 117 new grants, doling out over $1.5 million in the process, and more than doubling the number of communities participating in the program.
      Launched in 2006, the Big Read encourages people in cities and towns to jointly read one of a selected number of books and, is, according to NEA chairman Dana Gioia, a way to use reading as a community building tool. "By joining the Big Read, these cities and towns are showing that reading is necessary to the cultural, civic, even economic fabric of their communities," Gioia said. The organization's goal is to have 400 communities on board for 2008.
      The communities participating in the program this fall/winter will choose the novel to be read city-wide from among these American classics: Bless Me, Ultima by Rudolfo Anaya; Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury; My Ántonia by Willa Cather; The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald; The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett; A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway; Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston; To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee; The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers; The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck; The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan; and The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton.

      Book Expo America 2007 Final Update
      YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText = true; YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false; YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.lang = "us"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = 0; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = { lw_1183150381_0: { text: 'New York City', startchar: 2098, endchar: 2110, start: 2098, end: 2110, weight: 0.933316, type: ['shortcuts:/us/tag/travel/destination_content', 'shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/town', 'shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/town'] ,context: " and friends, Book Expo America (BEA) 2007, June 1st through 3rd, in New York City was a complete success. Networking, new contacts, seeing old friends, lear" , metaData: { geoArea: "1202.2", geoCountry: "United States", geoIsoCountryCode: "US", geoLocation: "(-73.980957, 40.75349)", geoName: "New York City", geoPlaceType: "Town", geoState: "New York",
      geoStateCode: "NY", geoTown: "New York City", travel_id: "191501980", type: "shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/town" } }, lw_1183150381_1: { text: 'CLICK HERE ', startchar: 3240, endchar: 3250, start: 3240, end: 3250, weight: 1, type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http'] ,context: "ct to the next level in due season. BEA Author\'s Studio - Podcast: CLICK HERE To hear our live recording about the Give God the Glory! series of books and" , metaData: { linkHref: "http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=j5rimbcab.0.e9mcubcab.5hgkv8bab.344&ts=S0261&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bookexpocast.com%2Fauthors-studio%2F2007%2F06%2F21%2Fgive-god-the-glory-by-kevin-wayne-johnson%2F", linkProtocol: "http", linkRel: "nofollow", linkTarget: "_blank" } }, lw_1183150381_2: { text: 'Bronx', startchar: 5486, endchar: 5490, start: 5486, end: 5490, weight: 0.896767, type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/county'] ,context: "Kevin with Heather Covington, CEO, Disilgold, Inc., Bronx, NY, Mistress
      of Ceremonies, African-American Pavilion Awards Ceremony, June 2nd. " , metaData: { geoArea: "121.431", geoCountry: "United States", geoCounty: "Bronx", geoIsoCountryCode: "US", geoLocation: "(-73.857269, 40.857159)", geoName: "Bronx", geoPlaceType: "County", geoState: "New York", geoStateCode: "NY", geoTown: "New York", type: "shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/county" } }, lw_1183150381_3: { text: 'NY', startchar: 5493, endchar: 5494, start: 5493, end: 5494, weight: 0.961335, type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/town'] ,context: "Kevin with Heather Covington, CEO, Disilgold, Inc., Bronx, NY, Mistress of Ceremonies, African-American Pavilion Awards Ceremony, June 2nd. " , metaData: { geoArea: "1202.2", geoCountry: "United States", geoIsoCountryCode: "US", geoLocation: "(-73.980957, 40.75349)", geoName: "NY", geoPlaceType: "Town", geoState: "New York", geoStateCode: "NY", geoTown: "NY", type: "shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/town" } }, lw_1183150381_4: {
      text: 'Anaheim, CA', startchar: 6703, endchar: 6713, start: 6703, end: 6713, weight: 0.996218, type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/town', 'shortcuts:/us/tag/travel/destination_content'] ,context: " Tony Rose, Heather and Yvonne Rose. I met Mr. Rose at BEA 2003 in Anaheim, CA where he challenged Barnes and Noble Booksellers to work with African-Ameri" , metaData: { geoArea: "145.958", geoCountry: "United States", geoCounty: "Orange", geoIsoCountryCode: "US", geoLocation: "(-117.8716, 33.838772)", geoName: "Anaheim", geoPlaceType: "Town", geoState: "California", geoStateCode: "CA", geoTown: "Anaheim", travel_id: "474085", type: "shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/town" } }, lw_1183150381_5: { text: 'Washington , DC', startchar: 9512, endchar: 9525, start: 9512, end: 9525, weight: 0.792333, type: ['shortcuts:/us/tag/travel/destination_content', 'shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/town', 'shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/town'] ,context: "Washington, DC Expected
      attendees: 8,000+ " , metaData: { geoArea: "183.247", geoCountry: "United States", geoCounty: "District Of Columbia", geoIsoCountryCode: "US", geoLocation: "(-77.031776, 38.892159)", geoName: "Washington DC", geoPlaceType: "Town", geoState: "District of Columbia", geoStateCode: "DC", geoTown: "Washington DC", travel_id: "474886", type: "shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/town" } }, lw_1183150381_6: { text: 'Atlanta, Georgia', startchar: 9728, endchar: 9743, start: 9728, end: 9743, weight: 0.996926, type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/town'] ,context: "Atlanta, Georgia Expected attendees: 11,500+ representing 58 countries " , metaData: { geoArea: "342.629", geoCountry: "United States", geoCounty: "Fulton", geoIsoCountryCode: "US", geoLocation: "(-84.38755, 33.759762)", geoName: "Atlanta", geoPlaceType: "Town", geoState: "Georgia", geoStateCode: "GA", geoTown: "Atlanta", type: "shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/town" } }, lw_1183150381_7: { text: 'Forward this
      Book Expo America update to your colleagues and associates', startchar: 10862, endchar: 10932, start: 10862, end: 10932, weight: 1, type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http'] ,context: "Founder, Author & Bible Teacher Forward this Book Expo America update to your colleagues and associates This email was sent to yexsenia2@..., by kevin@writingforthel" , metaData: { linkHref: "http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1101513693438&ea=yexsenia2%40yahoo.com&a=1101705529289", linkProtocol: "http", linkRel: "nofollow", linkTarget: "_blank" } }, lw_1183150381_8: { text: 'kevin@...', startchar: 11751, endchar: 11777, start: 11751, end: 11777, weight: 1, type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http'] ,context: "gues and associates This email was sent to yexsenia2@..., by kevin@... Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with
      SafeUnsubscribe™ | " , metaData: { linkHref: "/ym/Compose?To=kevin@...", linkProtocol: "http", linkRel: "nofollow", linkShape: "rect", linkStyle: "color:#0000ff;", linkTarget: "_blank", linkYmailto: "mailto:kevin@..." } }, lw_1183150381_9: { text: 'Update Profile/Email Address', startchar: 11998, endchar: 12025, start: 11998, end: 12025, weight: 1, type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http'] ,context: "Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy. Email Marketing by " , metaData: { linkHref: "http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=oo&m=1101513693438&ea=yexsenia2%40yahoo.com&se=344&t=1101705529289&lang=en&reason=T", linkProtocol: "http", linkRel: "nofollow", linkShape: "rect", linkStyle: "color:#0000ff;", linkTarget: "_blank" } }, lw_1183150381_10: { text: 'SafeUnsubscribe', startchar: 12258, endchar: 12272, start: 12258, end: 12272, weight: 1, type:
      ['shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http'] ,context: "Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy. Email Marketing by " , metaData: { linkHref: "http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1101513693438&ea=yexsenia2%40yahoo.com&se=344&t=1101705529289&lang=en&reason=T", linkProtocol: "http", linkRel: "nofollow", linkShape: "rect", linkStyle: "color:#0000ff;", linkTarget: "_blank" } }, lw_1183150381_11: { text: 'Privacy Policy', startchar: 12421, endchar: 12434, start: 12421, end: 12434, weight: 1, type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http'] ,context: "Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy. Email Marketing by " , metaData: { linkHref: "http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp", linkProtocol: "http", linkRel: "nofollow", linkShape: "rect", linkStyle: "color:#0000ff;", linkTarget: "_blank" } }, lw_1183150381_12: { text: 'Email
      Marketing', startchar: 12826, endchar: 12840, start: 12826, end: 12840, weight: 1, type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http'] ,context: "Email Marketing by Writing for the Lord Ministries & Publications | 6400 Shannon Court | Clarksville | MD | 21029 " , metaData: { linkHref: "http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_BusLet_001", linkProtocol: "http", linkRel: "nofollow", linkShape: "rect", linkStyle: "text-decoration:none;color:#666666;", linkTarget: "_blank" } }, lw_1183150381_13: { text: '6400 Shannon Court | Clarksville | MD | 21029', startchar: 13407, endchar: 13451, start: 13407, end: 13451, weight: 0.993977, type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/street'] ,context: "Writing for the Lord Ministries & Publications | 6400 Shannon Court | Clarksville | MD | 21029 " , metaData: { geoArea: "4", geoBldgNumber: "6400", geoCountry: "United States", geoCounty: "Howard", geoIsoCountryCode: "US", geoLocation: "(-76.943298, 39.206402)",
      geoName: "Clarksville", geoPlaceType: "Street", geoState: "Maryland", geoStateCode: "MD", geoStreetName: "Shannon Court", geoTown: "Clarksville", geoZip: "21029", type: "shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/street" } } }; YAHOO.Shortcuts.overlaySpaceId = "97546169"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.hostSpaceId = "97546168"; Writing for the Lord Ministries & Publications Family and friends,

      Book Expo America (BEA) 2007, June 1st through 3rd, in New York City was a complete success. Networking, new contacts, seeing old friends, learning new technologies, re-energizing thoughts and revising unprofitable strategies were the keys to a fabulous three days amongst 22,000+ publishing industry professionals.

      Faith without works is dead (James 2:20 & 26). When God gives us a vision and a dream, we must work to make it come to pass. That said, I encourage all authors to invest in themselves to understand the 'ins-and-outs' of the publishing business, improve their crafts (writing), explore the multiple opportunities that present themselves as appropriate, apply what they've learned, and network. If you do, God will intervene and take your project to the next level in due season.

      BEA Author's Studio - Podcast:
      CLICK HERE To hear our live recording about the Give God the Glory! series of books and devotionals. It is a 3-minute interview that was taped on location during BEA.

      Below are some key people in the publishing industry that I spent time with during BEA. Get to know them since they are proven veterans in their respective fields.

      Main entrance into the Jacob Javits Center, 12th Street and 39th Avenue, New York City on May 31st.

      Kevin with John Kremer, Author, '1001 Ways to Market Your Books.' John is a world-reknown speaker and teacher about book marketing and also publishes a fantastic e-newsletter about book marketing. John stopped by my booth for a chat.

      Give God the Glory! book series earns its 12th literary/media award. Kevin with Heather Covington, CEO, Disilgold, Inc., Bronx, NY, Mistress of Ceremonies, African-American Pavilion Awards Ceremony, June 2nd.

      Kevin with Victoria Christopher Murray, Essence Magazine and Black Issues Book Review Magazine best-selling Christian fiction author. Victoria signed with Simon and Schuster after self-publishing her first book in 1997. Victoria is a dynamic woman of God and a true inspiration to her thousands of readers.

      Tony Rose, Heather and Yvonne Rose. I met Mr. Rose at BEA 2003 in Anaheim, CA where he challenged Barnes and Noble Booksellers to work with African-American authors during one of their training sessions. Mr. Rose, CEO, Amber Communications Group, Inc., is a visionary in the publishing industry as well as a shaker & mover. He has redefined how the publishing industry interacts with today's African-American authors and is co-founder of the African-American Pavilion at BEA.

      My acceptance speech - 2007 Christian Publisher of the Year, BEA African-American Pavilion, June 2nd.

      Kevin with authors and friends Frederick Cooper and Linda Williams at the Thursday evening African-American Literature Book Club reception and welcoming party, Harlem, NY, May 31st.

      Thank you so much for your continued support over the past five years. Family, friends and booklovers like you are helping this vision from the Lord come to pass.

      Just completed:

      (a) American Library Association National Conference
      Last weekend through today
      Washington, DC
      Expected attendees: 8,000+

      Next up:

      (b) International Christian Retail Show 2007
      July 8th through 12th
      Atlanta, Georgia
      Expected attendees: 11,500+ representing 58 countries

      Enjoy God's blessings!

      Kevin Wayne Johnson
      Founder, Author & Bible Teacher

      Forward this Book Expo America update to your colleagues and associates
      This email was sent to yexsenia2@..., by kevin@...
      Email Marketing by
      Writing for the Lord Ministries & Publications | 6400 Shannon Court | Clarksville | MD | 21029

      Infinite Magazine- Interviewing Authors and Looking for Writers

      Good Evening Writers:

      We are celebratiing our first anniversary with you!!!

      Here is a great opportunity to promote your latest work. If you have
      a book (any genre) that was published or will be published in 2007,
      then send us your media kit and a copy of your book. If we are
      interested in your work, then we will contact you for an interview.

      Also, we are looking for writers to contribute to our media blog
      that is growing in numbers. If you are interested in contributing,
      then send us a sample of your work and why you would be interested
      in writing for us and what topics you are interested in writing.
      There is no monetary compensation but you will receive credit for
      your work.

      We look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions,
      please feel free to email us at: infinitemag@ yahoo.com

      Thank you...

      Always Infinite,
      I-Mag
      POB 44553
      Philly, PA 19144
      www.infinitemag. net

      EWN Short Fiction Contest by Dan Wickett
      EmergingWritersNetwork.com

      Hello - just shooting out a reminder - please feel free to pass along to anybody that might be interested:

      Announcement: 2nd Annual EWN Short Fiction Contest I am excited to announce the second annual Emerging Writers Network Short Fiction Contest. The winning story will be posted on this blog during the month of December 2007. I have not yet found a journal that will guarantee publishing the story as well, but that still remains a strong possibility. The author will also receive $1000, a doubling of prize money from last year. Update: The incredible literary journal, Storyglossia, has offered to publish the winning story in an issue following the announcement of the winner. This is very exciting to me as Steven McDermott has been publishing absolutely excellent fiction for some time now!

      While the stories will all initially be read and evaluated by myself, 20 finalists will be passed along to this year's Guest Judge: Alyson Hagy!! She will select a winner out of these 20 finalists and write a brief introduction as to what it was that jumped out at her, and elevated it to the top of her pile. Alyson Hagy has published a trio of story collections, as well as the novel, Keeneland. Her second novel, Snow, Ashes, will be published by Graywolf Press next month.

      Now for the W's:

      Entry Fee: $15 (an increase from last year, yet not the doubling that you see in the prize money!)

      Deadline: All stories must be physically mailed and arrive with a postmark of July 1, 2007 or earlier (and feel free to start sending as early as today)

      Length: Stories must be between 3000 and 8000 words in length

      Other: As the stories will be judged blind, please send a cover letter that includes the story name as well as your own name and contact information, including an email address. Please also send two copies of the story, pages numbered, story title on the first page, and NO OTHER information beyond the story itself.

      Rules:

      No former classmates of either Alyson Hagy or Dan Wickett are eligible to win.

      No students, former students, or former instructors of either Alyson Hagy or Dan Wickett are eligible to win. This includes students of any seminars Alyson may have taught, as well as creative writing classes.

      No family members of either Alyson Hagy or Dan Wickett are eligible to win.

      Of the 20 stories selected by Dan Wickett as finalists, at least half will come from non-EWN members (to ensure no pro-EWN member bias on my part, unintentional or not). This caveat relies on having received at least 10 submissions from non-EWN members. (In the inaugural EWN Short Fiction Contest, 11 of the 20 stories selected as finalists were from non-EWN members).

      The 20 finalists will be sent to Alyson Hagy with no author names - she will be selecting her winner blindly. Once she's made a choice - we will verify that Hagy has never been a student of, the author; nor a former professor of the author; nor a former classmate of the author; nor a family member of the author. At that point, we will announce the winner.

      The 20 finalist titles and authors will be listed on this blog in the winner announcement post, again, in December 2007.

      As this is an EMERGING WRITERS network - only authors who have (or will have) published three books or less as of December 31, 2007 will be eligible to win.

      2 copies (as detailed above) of the manuscripts, and checks for $15 (made out to Dan Wickett) per entry, should be mailed to:

      Dan Wickett
      EWN 2007 Short Fiction Contest

      1334 Woodbourne Street

      Westland, MI 48186

      Be sure to tell your friends all about it!

      Coming Soon! "The Enemy Between My Legs"
      Pre-order your autographed copy today! FAST FACTS:
      As many as one in three girls and one in five boys will be sexually abused at some point in their childhood, according to most reliable studies of sexual abuse in the United States.
      In as much as 90 percent of child sexual abuse cases, the child knows the person that commits the abuse.
      Surveys have shown that, although the majority of Americans polled believe that everyone should play a role in stopping child abuse, many people also admit to witnessing child abuse and doing nothing about it.
      Children abuse other children! Many victims have been sexually abused/molested
      by friends, siblings, cousins, or other relatives close to them in age. Up to 50% of those who sexually abuse children are under the age of 18.

      *Details and fast fact sources can be found in the index of TEBML.

      Child sexual abuse/child molestation doesn't have boundaries. It crosses over into every family, regardless of race, social class, or economic status. Every family is affected by it, including yours!
      Unfortunately, it's not a popular subject and it's often ignored, because many people feel that victims will "just get over it." Getting over it is rarely the case! Most victims carry their lack of trust, hurt, pain, and shame into their teenage and adult years. They often find themselves involved in a life of sexual promiscuity, alcohol, and drugs, just as I did when I was only 13 years old. Their lives spiral out of control and they don't even know why.

      In my soon-to-be released book, The Enemy Between My Legs, I go where no one else will. Not only do I share my story of being sexually abused/molested from age 5 until around 12 or 13 years old, I discuss how it kept me in bondage for over 20 years, until I broke down mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and eventually physically.
      However, "The Enemy Between My Legs" is not just a story about sexual abuse and its effects. It is also a story of love and forgiveness. It is a story of hope! After feeling worthless and ashamed for most of life, eventually I was able to find love, joy, hope and peace in God. It will help people connect the dots from the past to the present. It will help bring understanding and healing, not just to individuals, but to families around the world.
      This is about much more than telling a story. This is about helping hurting people and saving lives! You can support my work, bringing healing to the brokenhearted, by pre-ordering your copy today.

      PRE-ORDER YOUR AUTOGRAPHED COPY TODAY!!!

      OR

      SEE MY FIRST EXCLUSIVE TV INTERVIEW "TONIGHT" (06-27-07) ON GNTV NETWORK (COMCAST CABLE)

      Wednesday, June 27, 2007
      Time: 9:00 PM
      Show: Relationships
      Host: Derek Hartfield

      Channels:
      Detroit - Comcast Channel 71
      Oakland County - Comcast Channel 7
      All other areas - Comcast Channels 16, 63, & 83
      *Visit GNTV Network for additional information.

      Forward email
      This email was sent to sylviahubbard1@..., by stephanieljones@...
      Email Marketing by
      Stephanie L. Jones, LLC | P.O. Box 401363 | Redford | MI | 48240

      YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText = true; YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false; YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.lang = "us"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = 0; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = { lw_1183150612_0: { text: 'Michigan', startchar: 2138, endchar: 2145, start: 2138, end: 2145, weight: 0.827633, type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/state', 'shortcuts:/us/tag/travel/destination_content'] ,context: "e feet of new space. The Governor\'s Awards has been an important event in Michigan for over two decades and serves as a dynamic symbol of Michigan\'s ability t" , metaData: { geoArea: "150296", geoCountry: "United States", geoIsoCountryCode: "US", geoLocation: "(-84.62162, 43.742691)", geoName: "Michigan", geoPlaceType: "State", geoState: "Michigan", geoStateCode: "MI", travel_id: "191501949", type:
      "shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/state" } }, lw_1183150612_1: { text: 'Michigan', startchar: 2458, endchar: 2465, start: 2458, end: 2465, weight: 0.827633, type: ['shortcuts:/us/tag/travel/destination_content', 'shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/state', 'shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/state'] ,context: "case the enormous talent in our state while celebrating how the arts serve Michigan. Nominations are being accepted in the categories of Arts and Cultural Or" , metaData: { geoArea: "150296", geoCountry: "United States", geoIsoCountryCode: "US", geoLocation: "(-84.62162, 43.742691)", geoName: "Michigan", geoPlaceType: "State", geoState: "Michigan", geoStateCode: "MI", travel_id: "191501949", type: "shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/state" } }, lw_1183150612_2: { text: 'James Earl Jones', startchar: 2879, endchar: 2894, start: 2879, end: 2894, weight: 0.548169, type: ['shortcuts:/us/tag/celebrity', 'shortcuts:/us/instance/person/actor'] ,context: "revious Governor\'s Award
      recipients have included Michigan-born icons like James Earl Jones, Aretha Franklin and Jerry Bruckheimer; businesses such as Detroit Renaissa"}, lw_1183150612_3: { text: 'Aretha Franklin', startchar: 2897, endchar: 2911, start: 2897, end: 2911, weight: 0.35, type: ['shortcuts:/us/tag/celebrity', 'shortcuts:/us/instance/person/musician'] ,context: " Award recipients have included Michigan-born icons like James Earl Jones, Aretha Franklin and Jerry Bruckheimer; businesses such as Detroit Renaissance, Ford Motor C"}, lw_1183150612_4: { text: 'Jerry Bruckheimer', startchar: 2917, endchar: 2933, start: 2917, end: 2933, weight: 0.659089, type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/person/actor'] ,context: "ve included Michigan-born icons like James Earl Jones, Aretha Franklin and Jerry Bruckheimer; businesses such as Detroit Renaissance, Ford Motor Company and Consumers E"}, lw_1183150612_5: { text: 'Upper Peninsula', startchar: 3103, endchar: 3117, start: 3103, end: 3117, weight: 0.35,
      type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/place/natural_area', 'shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/colloquial'] ,context: "ganizations including The Henry Ford, College for Creative Studies and the Upper Peninsula Children\'s Museum; along with a host of individual artists, educators, civi" , metaData: { geoArea: "42843.1", geoCountry: "United States", geoIsoCountryCode: "US", geoLocation: "(-87.147713, 46.15815)", geoName: "Upper Peninsula", geoPlaceType: "Colloquial", geoState: "Michigan", geoStateCode: "MI", type: "shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/colloquial" } }, lw_1183150612_6: { text: 'Southfield', startchar: 3445, endchar: 3454, start: 3445, end: 3454, weight: 0.776974, type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/town'] ,context: "0, 2007 to be considered and can be mailed or hand delivered to either the Southfield or Lansing locations. Questions relating to nominations and sponsorship opp" , metaData: { geoArea: "67.927", geoCountry: "United States", geoCounty: "Oakland",
      geoIsoCountryCode: "US", geoLocation: "(-83.260712, 42.472569)", geoName: "Southfield", geoPlaceType: "Town", geoState: "Michigan", geoStateCode: "MI", geoTown: "Southfield", type: "shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/town" } }, lw_1183150612_7: { text: 'Lansing', startchar: 3459, endchar: 3465, start: 3459, end: 3465, weight: 0.803987, type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/town'] ,context: "considered and can be mailed or hand delivered to either the Southfield or Lansing locations. Questions relating to nominations and sponsorship opportunities " , metaData: { geoArea: "88.0874", geoCountry: "United States", geoCounty: "Ingham", geoIsoCountryCode: "US", geoLocation: "(-84.546677, 42.733528)", geoName: "Lansing", geoPlaceType: "Town", geoState: "Michigan", geoStateCode: "MI", geoTown: "Lansing", type: "shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/town" } }, lw_1183150612_8: { text: '(248) 582-8465', startchar: 3583, endchar: 3596, start: 3583, end: 3596, weight: 1, type:
      ['shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/phone_number/us'] ,context: ""}, lw_1183150612_9: { text: 'www.artservemichigan.org', startchar: 3927, endchar: 3950, start: 3927, end: 3950, weight: 1, type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http'] ,context: "n guidelines, mailing address or to obtain a nomination form, please visit www.artservemichigan.org We would also greatly appreciate your willingness to help extend this mes" , metaData: { linkHref: "http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=cwm5ubcab.0.bz5jcwbab.nq65j9n6.2196&ts=S0258&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.artservemichigan.org%2F", linkProtocol: "http", linkRel: "nofollow", linkTarget: "_blank" } }, lw_1183150612_10: { text: 'alison@...', startchar: 5673, endchar: 5699, start: 5673, end: 5699, weight: 1, type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http'] ,context: " This email was sent to yexsenia2@..., by alison@... Update Profile/Email Address | Instant
      removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | " , metaData: { linkHref: "/ym/Compose?To=alison@...", linkProtocol: "http", linkRel: "nofollow", linkShape: "rect", linkStyle: "color:#0000ff;", linkTarget: "_blank", linkYmailto: "mailto:alison@..." } }, lw_1183150612_11: { text: 'Update Profile/Email Address', startchar: 5921, endchar: 5948, start: 5921, end: 5948, weight: 1, type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http'] ,context: "Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy. Email Marketing by " , metaData: { linkHref: "http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=oo&m=1011273922061&ea=yexsenia2%40yahoo.com&se=2196&t=1101714633410&lang=en&reason=F", linkProtocol: "http", linkRel: "nofollow", linkShape: "rect", linkStyle: "color:#0000ff;", linkTarget: "_blank" } }, lw_1183150612_12: { text: 'SafeUnsubscribe', startchar: 6182, endchar: 6196, start: 6182, end: 6196, weight: 1, type:
      ['shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http'] ,context: "Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy. Email Marketing by " , metaData: { linkHref: "http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1011273922061&ea=yexsenia2%40yahoo.com&se=2196&t=1101714633410&lang=en&reason=F", linkProtocol: "http", linkRel: "nofollow", linkShape: "rect", linkStyle: "color:#0000ff;", linkTarget: "_blank" } }, lw_1183150612_13: { text: 'Privacy Policy', startchar: 6345, endchar: 6358, start: 6345, end: 6358, weight: 1, type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http'] ,context: "Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy. Email Marketing by " , metaData: { linkHref: "http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp", linkProtocol: "http", linkRel: "nofollow", linkShape: "rect", linkStyle: "color:#0000ff;", linkTarget: "_blank" } }, lw_1183150612_14: { text: 'Email
      Marketing', startchar: 6750, endchar: 6764, start: 6750, end: 6764, weight: 1, type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http'] ,context: "Email Marketing by ArtServe Michigan | 1310 Turner, Ste. " , metaData: { linkHref: "http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_BusLet_003", linkProtocol: "http", linkRel: "nofollow", linkShape: "rect", linkStyle: "text-decoration:none;color:#666666;", linkTarget: "_blank" } }, lw_1183150612_15: { text: '1310 Turner, Ste. B | Lansing | MI | 48906', startchar: 7302, endchar: 7343, start: 7302, end: 7343, weight: 0.998448, type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/street'] ,context: "ArtServe Michigan | 1310 Turner, Ste. B | Lansing | MI | 48906 " , metaData: { geoArea: "81.7799", geoBldgNumber: "1310", geoCountry: "United States", geoCounty: "Ingham", geoDeliveryPoint: "ste b", geoIsoCountryCode: "US", geoLocation: "(-84.576393, 42.782471)", geoName: "48906", geoPlaceType: "Street", geoState: "Michigan",
      geoStateCode: "MI", geoStreetName: "Turner", geoTown: "Lansing", geoZip: "48906", type: "shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/street" } } }; YAHOO.Shortcuts.overlaySpaceId = "97546169"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.hostSpaceId = "97546168";
      Podcast Directory for 2 PR Pros hosted Pam Perry, Ministry
      Marketing Solutions

      If you've missed any of the podcasts "2 PR Pros" with leading public relations and publishing pros from around the country, here's your chance to click and listen. The beauty of technology. If you don't know what a podcast is...just read on. Ministry Marketing Solutions wants to keep you on the cutting edge to help you "market the Message." If you're an author or a ministry, listen to these shows. Each podcast is 30 minutes - free information.
      You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails.

      Podcast title 2 PR Pros discuss Publicity today Website URL http://www.talkshoe.com/talksh... Description If you're an author, you need to know the in's and out's and the do's and don'ts of book publicity. If you're a Christian Author, you have a responsibility to spread the WORD and represent God in excellence. This Talkcast will show you how. Learn how to put together a press kit, get media lists and write books that SELL!This Podcast was created using www.talkshoe.com Updated Image Category 15 Minutes of Fame
      Subscribe
      Vote for this podcast Currently 0.00/5
      Rating: 0.0/5 ( votes cast)

      Link to this podcast Episodes 1. EPISODE21 - 2 PR Pros - Guest Crystal Obey of GMA Publishing
      http://recordings.talkshoe.com... download (audio/mpeg, 12.78Mb)

      Description: Crystal Obey believes in the Power of Partnership and encourages others to reach for their God given potential. She is the co-owner, with her husband Anthony, of GMA Publishing providing book services to Writers, Pastors, Leaders, and Speakers. GMA has published close to 100 titles and provides free writing, publishing, and marketing advice at www.GMApublishing.com. The book, Start Small Finish BIG in Self Publishing, written by the Obeys, was released in March 2007 to help aspiring authors write a business and marketing plan for their book. Crystal is also the co-creator of the Refined by Fire Christian Inspirational Book Series for Women - The Official Publishing Opportunity for Christian Women Speakers and Leaders. There are currently 4 books in the series with more being planned for release in the future.For more information about Crystal Obey, GMA Publishing, or Refined by Fire: Visit: www.GMApublishing.com Visit: www.RefinedbyFireWomen.com Email:
      info@... Call: (812) 962-0861

      2. EPISODE20 - 2 PR Pros discuss book publishing and promotion
      http://recordings.talkshoe.com... download (audio/mpeg, 12.66Mb)

      Description: My guest on this show is: Tamika Johnson, CEO & Publisher, Anointed Word Media Group. www.publishyourchristianbook.com --- As a divorced mother of one, Johnson, an award winning author, took just $250 and launched Anointed Word Media Group on May 1, 2006, from her parents small computer room. Within six months of operation the company moved into a commerical office and had published authors from around the Country. January 2007, AWMG, the only Christian publishing company nominated, was voted Best Small Press of 2006 by Marguerite Press. February 2007, Tamika expanded the publishing company to include a male imprint, Men of Standard Publications and an online radio program Anointed Authors on Air, placing all entities under the heading of Anointed Word Media Group.

      3. EPISODE19 - 2 PR Pros discuss From Book to Bestseller by Penny Sansevieri
      http://recordings.talkshoe.com... download (audio/mpeg, 13.04Mb)

      Description: The Treasure Map to perfect publicity and striking publishing gold is what has been said about Penny sansdevieri's new book, From Book to Bestseller. She will give author's the insider's guide to publicizing and marketing their book! From Book signings to Oprah! All it takes is a plan and some prayer! Tune in and listen. www.booktobestseller.com

      4. EPISODE18 - 2 PR Pros discuss Ministry Marketing featuring Charis Hunt
      http://recordings.talkshoe.com... download (audio/mpeg, 12.45Mb)

      Description: My guest is Charis Hunt. She is vice president of New Business Development for Advance Advertising Agency Inc. Specializing in media buying, creative writing and public relations, Charis has developed innovative media solutions for numerous award-winning gospel artists, businesses and churches across the nation. Helping Chrisitan authors is also her passion. She consistently delivers power-packed literary content and effect<br/><br/>(Message over 64 KB, truncated)