Re: [Detroiters] When will it stop? Bronco's Darrent Williams shot

  • Charles C Primas
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
      Really?

      What is the difference?

      -CP

      http://www.fhtmus.com/primas

      -----Original Message-----

      From: RE Kushner List Account <lists@...>
      Subj: Re: [Detroiters] When will it stop? Bronco's Darrent Williams shot
      Date: Tue Jan 2, 2007 7:19 am
      Size: 1K
      To: Detroiters@yahoogroups.com

      Patrick Haggood wrote:

      >"NBA/NFL is a way out the 'hood" goes the saying. Apparently not,
      >according to this news about a young NFL player who was shot outside a
      >nightclub in Denver after some "dispute".

      I'd like to know where this nightclub is. Not exactly where, but what
      kind of neighborhood. It's one thing to get shot at Telegraph and Seven
      Mile and quite another to get shot at Cass and Temple.

      -Ron

      Post message:
      Detroiters@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe:
      Detroiters-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      List owner:
      Detroiters-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • RE Kushner List Account
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
        Charles C Primas wrote:

        >Really?
        >
        >What is the difference?
        >
        >-CP
        >
        >http://www.fhtmus.com/primas

        There is quite some difference. If you're down at Cass and Temple you
        might be looking for some strange, maybe some H. There's not alot of
        traffic so the riff raff rule the streets.

        You get to Telegraph and Seven and there's plenty of 24 hour stores over
        there, quite a bit of street traffic, and no hoodlums hanging out on the
        street.

        I've never heard shots fired at Telegraph and Seven. But I know from
        listening to my po-lice radio that there's shots fired almost every
        night in the Cass to Fourth/I-75 to Wayne State area. Where would
        someone be more likely to be shot?

        -Ron
      • mzsuzuki@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2007
          In my opinion the important question is not where but why? The way this man
          was shot from a shower of bullets leads me to believe that the location was
          not a factor...he wasn't killed by a stray bullet from a person celebrating too
          much....someone wanted to kill someone in that hummer...I guess I am a little
          saddened because I am becoming so desensitized to death...in a strange
          way..The way we can change this is . outrage turned into positive
          action.....especially with young males....

          In a message dated 1/2/2007 10:06:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          c.primas@... writes:
          Really?

          What is the difference?

          -CP

          http://www.fhtmus.com/primas

          Subj: Re: [Detroiters] When will it stop? Bronco's Darrent Williams shot
          Date: Tue Jan 2, 2007 7

        • James
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2007
            All part of this new "gangsta" culture. It's having the effect
            desired by those that make the most money off of it, and they ain't
            Black or "gangsta".

            --- In Detroiters@yahoogroups.com, mzsuzuki@... wrote:

            > In my opinion the important question is not where but why? The way
            this man
            > was shot from a shower of bullets leads me to believe that the
            location was
            > not a factor...he wasn't killed by a stray bullet from a person
            celebrating too
            > much....someone wanted to kill someone in that hummer...I guess I am
            a little
            > saddened because I am becoming so desensitized to death...in a strange
            > way..The way we can change this is . outrage turned into positive
            > action.....especially with young males....
            >

            > In a message dated 1/2/2007 10:06:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
            > c.primas@... writes:
            > Really?
            >
            > What is the difference?
            >
            > -CP
            >
            > http://www.fhtmus.com/primas

          • Charles C Primas
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2007
              New??

              http://www.fhtmus.com/primas

              Subj: [Detroiters] Re: When will it stop? Bronco's Darrent Williams shot
              Date: Wed Jan 3, 2007 2:05 pm
              Size: 1K
              To: Detroiters@yahoogroups.com

              All part of this new "gangsta" culture. It's having the effect
              desired by those that make the most money off of it, and they ain't
              Black or "gangsta".

              --- In Detroiters@yahoogroups.com, mzsuzuki@... wrote:

              > In my opinion the important question is not where but why? The way
              this man
              > was shot from a shower of bullets leads me to believe that the
              location was
              > not a factor...he wasn't killed by a stray bullet from a person
              celebrating too
              > much....someone wanted to kill someone in that hummer...I guess I am
              a little
              > saddened because I am becoming so desensitized to death...in a strange
              > way..The way we can change this is . outrage turned into positive
              > action.....especially with young males....
              >

              > In a message dated 1/2/2007 10:06:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
              > c.primas@... writes:
              > Really?
              >
              > What is the difference?
              >
              > -CP