Re: [Detroiters] Help Get Out the Vote

  • ltheriot@mac.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
      My first address they didn't have my precinct info yet, but my second
      address worked

    • mzsuzuki@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
        Check In from District 9 Precinct 42...It was jam packed this
        morning..starting at 7am...I was voter #56...and there was about 50 people behind me...with
        people steadily coming in.........

      • Charles C. Primas
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
          Same story in #15. It was jammed.

          Anybody else notice the poll watchers? They were getting asked a lot of
          questions and WDIV was there as well filming.

          -CP

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
            I've been voting at the same precinct for over a decade and have never
            had to stand in line .... until today! The line was almost out the
            door! Amazing! I just had to stand there for a few minutes and smile
            and take it all in.

          • ltheriot@mac.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
              Check in from District 9 Precinct 28... 35 min wait @ 11:45 I was voter
              #303....up from my usual #40 in pass elections.....they also ran out of
              I VOTED stickers....people steadily coming in @ 12:23

            • ltheriot@mac.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
                On Tuesday, Nov 2, 2004, at 08:24 US/Eastern, mzsuzuki@... wrote:

                > Check In from District 9 Precinct 42...It was jam packed this
                > morning..starting at 7am...I was voter #56...and there was about 50
                > people behind me...with
                > people steadily coming in.........

                > Post message:
                > Detroiters@yahoogroups.com
                > Subscribe:
                > Detroiters-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                > List owner:
                > Detroiters-owner@yahoogroups.com

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Adrian L. Green
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
                  Same here over in District 6 Precinct 46. Stood in line for 90 minutes!!!
                  The line extended way down the church stairs into the basement. We may well
                  have a record turnout in Detroit!!

                  Adrian L. Green
                  "Be The Legacy"

                  _____

                  I've been voting at the same precinct for over a decade and have never
                  had to stand in line .... until today! The line was almost out the
                  door! Amazing! I just had to stand there for a few minutes and smile
                  and take it all in.

                  --- In Detroiters@yahoogroups.com, mzsuzuki@a... wrote:
                  > Check In from District 9 Precinct 42...It was jam packed this
                  > morning..starting at 7am...I was voter #56...and there was about 50
                  people behind me...with
                  > people steadily coming in.........

                  Post message:
                  Detroiters@yahoogroups.com
                  Subscribe:
                  Detroiters-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                  List owner:
                  Detroiters-owner@yahoogroups.com

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129c8nqek/M=281955.5530326.6602771.3001176/D=gr
                  oups/S=1705242202:HM/EXP=1099491069/A=2343726/R=0/SIG=12ih6ta7g/*http://clk.
                  atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1099404669771419>
                  <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129c8nqek/M=281955.5530326.6602771.3001176/D=gr
                  oups/S=1705242202:HM/EXP=1099491069/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12ih6ta7g/*http://clk.
                  atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1099404669771419>

                  Get unlimited calls to

                  U.S./Canada

                  <http://view.atdmt.com/VON/view/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=10994046
                  69771419>

                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=281955.5530326.6602771.3001176/D=groups/S=
                  :HM/A=2343726/rand=519329760>

                  _____

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                  <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                • Becki Kain
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
                    i was a poll watcher for electionprotection at atkinson elemetary school. we had a steady
                    stream of people all day with 5 people needing help.

                    On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 09:06:40AM -0500 or thereabouts, Charles C. Primas was said to have scribed:

                    > Same story in #15. It was jammed.
                    >
                    > Anybody else notice the poll watchers? They were getting asked a lot of
                    > questions and WDIV was there as well filming.
                    >
                    > -CP

                  • James
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
                      There were three DeVos Republicans at my precinct.