Re: [Detroiters] SCHOOL district now 11th biggest

  • Charles C. Primas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
      The article goes on to point out: "That is (30,000) the equivalent of 65 elementary schools, officials there say."

      And we protest Burnley for shutting dowm schools and consolidating them. Like I said before, the hallmark of leadership is when you can make difficult and unpopular decisions. That is a quality that I look for in a leader.

      How many leaders do we have capable of this?

      -CP

      jag888@... wrote:
      South Florida Sun-Sentinel - Fort Lauderdale,FL,USA
      ... Take Detroit, which is hanging on at No. 10. Residents have been fleeing
      the Motor City, resulting in a loss of 30,000 students in the past eight
      years. ...

      Free download at http://www.ePrompter.com

      Unlimited Calls To Anywhere in the US & Canada $34.99

      Post message:
      Detroiters@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe:
      Detroiters-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      List owner:
      Detroiters-owner@yahoogroups.com

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      "Faith is the bird that feels the light And sings when the dawn is still dark." - Rabindranath Tagore

      http://www.thegatheringplace.50megs.com/page22.html

      http://www.bigfoot.com/~cprim72@...

    • James
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
        How many? With these numbers, as many as are able to count. lol

        Brings to mind the protes over arresting parents of truant kids.

        --- In Detroiters@yahoogroups.com, "Charles C. Primas" <c.primas@c...>