Talks and Chaos - Joint Post - Kristal & Billy

  • Sum
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2011
      “Challenges are my specialty,” Billy mused, his lips shifting into an amused little smile as he slid into the chair across from her. “But, I’m not some cheap – one trick pony, got it? I got standards; negotiations. ‘Means, I’m not gonna put my neck on the line for beans. There are certain procedures which have to be followed by. Sometimes things can go wrong, and I want assurance that I’m gonna have *your* back if they do.” He looked pointedly at Kristal, aiming his index finger at her. She was going to help, or he was going to walk; it was as simple as that. One didn’t get very far being dumb and gullible. You needed your smarts; and even though he may’ve been labeled as an idiot, he certainly wasn’t.
      sweetraspberries86 (Jun 08 1:35 PM)
      Offering her another gracious smile, he removed his hat, and nodding courteously in her direction. “Then you’ve heard right,” he agreed in regards to her statement on his skills. She was smarter than he’d pegged her for; she obviously did her homework. Cocking his head slightly, as if he were confused, his eyebrows pulled together and he leaned back in his chair. Something about her struck him. She was averting something – omitting it. He didn’t like the sound of it. “There’s something you’re leaving out...” His eyes, ever watchful, roved over her face as he took in her expression.

      ---
      With a shrug, Kristal nodded. "I figured as much." Billy the Kid had a reputation for doing crazy things... things most people would consider "challenging". He would be a useful ally. An amused smile appeared on her tanned face. "I would never think yer a 'cheap - one trick pony' Bonney. Yer much more than that." It was obvious she was greatly amused by his comment, otherwise she wouldn't have been teasing him. Her eyes suddenly snapped and she leaned forward, her amusement gone. "I dunno what ya've heard 'bout me. But I only take in people with talent... and I don't leave m' people hangin'. If ya have m' back, I'll have yers. I'll be out there... just like the rest o' ya. Ya double cross me... an' ya'll see how fast I can turn on you."
      sum4jc (Jun 08 2:05 PM)
      It was then he asked the question she had been waiting for. It was a good thing she hadn't pegged him for a fool. He wasn't like most of her men. Stupid, foolish, trigger happy, and drunks... Yes her men had talent, but it didn't mean they weren't stupid. Bonney was more cautious, which was good. Being cautious kept most people alive. "It's a personal vendetta, Bonney. I'd really rather not discuss it with you... especially since I only just met ya." Kristal's expression hardened and she eyed him carefully. "It's up t' you now... will ya join me? 'Cause if not... there's the door." Kris nodded her head in the direction of the door, ignoring the fight that broke out by the bar... at least for now.
      ---
      “I like you...,” he said. He pushed his chair back and crossed his feet on the table while he went about searching his person for a pouch of tobacco and papers. She could wait for a moment; he hadn’t had a cigarette in a couple of hours, and right about now, he was hankering for a smoke.
      sweetraspberries86 (Jun 08 2:39 PM)
      “You got balls,” he smiled, parting his boots to peer at her through the gap between them. “A lot more balls then most of your men got. Hell, I bet you anything, I could kill all of em’ with three bullets.” Confidence didn’t beget fear – and fear didn’t beget confidence; you were either confident and insane, or you were a coward who chose self preservation over fighting for your cause. She looked like the confident type; attractive, charismatic, cool under fire.
      sweetraspberries86 (Jun 08 2:39 PM)
      Understanding her completely, he nodded. He was no stranger to a personal vendetta. Hell, he’d carried out a few of those, but he’d realized after his last close graze that he couldn’t live like that forever. The anger had nearly consumed him; the hatred, the undying need to seek revenge for those whom he’d lost. It had become a high: addictive, exciting, euphoric; like all the blood rushed to his head in the heat of the moment.

      “Fair enough,” he said, pulling the baggie from his vest pocket and the little tin of papers and matches out of inside pocket of his coat. “Well, there’s always tim ---,” his words cut off as the ruckus across the saloon broke the silence around them...

      ---
      Kristal shrugged and eyed the chaos from behind Billy. A bottle of whiskey flew towards her and she moved her head out of the way only to hear it crash against the wall behind her. Kristal was unamused at the goings on. It was making their transaction a little more... difficult, especially when it was growing harder to hear the blonde man across from her. "I'm not the only one that's 'got balls', from what I understand. Especially after that confidant claim. Hopefully, yer confidence pays off... " She stopped as few more bottles sailed over her head. Her eyes slid back to Billy as he pulled out the makings for a cigarette and rolled her eyes. She wasn't a smoker herself. Kris had never felt the need to smoke anything... to her it was just a wasteful habit.

      To her dismay, the ruckus was growing even more. Now tables were being turned, chairs being thrown, even people being tossed in the air. And because of the calamity, Kristal couldn't hear Billy. Danny came over and whispered in her ear and Kristal frowned. It was time to go. She stood up and dodged a man with his hand clenched into a fist ready to hit the nearest person. Fortunately that person wasn't her. Reaching Billy's side she leaned down and whispered into his ear. "We'll have ta complete this chat elsewhere." With that she stood up and headed for the door. On her way she had to dodge another blow to the face, kick a man out of her way, and hit a man over the head with a bottle aimed for her head. "Stupid idiots."

      As she exited the building, Kristal pulled her hat lower to cover the glare from her eyes. "I've got a small place that I'm renting on the outskirts of town. We won't be interrupted there."

    • Ashleigh
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11, 2011

        >>Kristal shrugged and eyed the chaos from behind Billy. A bottle of whiskey flew towards her and she moved her head out of the way only to hear it crash against the wall behind her. Kristal was unamused at the goings on. It was making their transaction a little more... difficult, especially when it was growing harder to hear the blonde man across from her. "I'm not the only one that's 'got balls', from what I understand. Especially after that confidant claim. Hopefully, yer confidence pays off... " She stopped as few more bottles sailed over her head. Her eyes slid back to Billy as he pulled out the makings for a cigarette and rolled her eyes. She wasn't a smoker herself. Kris had never felt the need to smoke anything... to her it was just a wasteful habit.

        "Well, it has before in the past," he purred.  On that note, he finished rolling the cigaretted, having taken his dear sweet time, and struck a match to light the tip of it.  "Can't say what kinda good it'll do in this situation, but we'll see." The chaos was becoming nearly uncontrollable; tables were being over turned, bottles were being thrown, and guns were being drawn.  Sighing his irritation at the interuption, the Kid rolled his eyes and removed his feet from the table, ducking as a bottle whizzed passed his head and smashed into the wall behind them.

        "Where the hell's the sheriff when you need him?!" Billy complained, looking on as the spat continued to progress, then he nodded toward Kristal when she mentioned getting out of there.  Good idea.  If shit was gonna hit the fan, be best if they skinned out, rather than find themselves involved with the law or some other sticky situation involving gun play.   With the other two already heading for the door, Billy stood, tucking away his tobacco materials and taking a last drag off of his cigarette before following suit.

        Meanwhile across town....

        "Sheriff, sheriff!" Young Tommy Hennessey came racing down the street, his chest heaving, oxygen burning his lungs as if he were inhaling fire.  He'd run nearly all the way across town; in 90 degree weather, no less, after hearing the ruckus in the saloon -- on his way back to the Livery stable.  "There's a fight in the saloon, sheriff Starr!"

        "Fight ya say?" Casey asked, looking up from his rocking chair out on the front porch, when the boy come up nearly breathless and looking a fright.  Frowning, he immediately looked in the direction of the Saloon and his eyes instantly narrowed.  Damnit, looked he was gonna have to go bust some asses.  Couldn't people just stop doing stupid shit, for one day?  Apparently not.  "What's it over this time?" he asked.  And then he stood, checking his pistols to make sure they were loaded before lumbering down the stairs and onto the street.

        "I don't know, sir," he said, shrugging. "I just heard all the ruckus and yellin'; I ran straight here!"  His eyes were still wild with fright.  Still, he was falling in step behind Casey, as if he meant to follow.   Which was not going to happen.  Casey threw up his hand immediately, without even turning in the boy's direction. "You aint goin.  You're stayin.  I aint got time to deal with ya; now get on back to your chores." He told the boy, rather annoyed, as he started off in the direction of the saloon.

        Little Tommy was still padding behind him. "I said git home, boy!" Casey yelled, waving a furiously annoyed hand at him.  If he continued, he'd peg him with a rock.  But, apparently, the boy got the hint, because he backed off and took off in the opposite direction.

        When he reached the Saloon, he caught movement in the corner of his eye and glanced toward a few patrons mounting their horses.  One of those patrons was....

        Nah, it couldn't be, he mentally reasoned with himself, blinking in disbelief as he stood there at the first step of the Saloon and stared at the blonde woman's back.  That was -- at least it looked like... Kristal? She was gone.  Dead.  Least, that'd been the verdict when the law had gone out and serveyed the damage.  Everything was gone; his sister included.  Something inside of him yearned to speak to her, but all he managed was a dry swallow.   She was right there; alive and well.  Why hadn't she ever come looking for him?

        "........Can you believe the lax in law in this town?"  Billy huffed, rolling his eyes. "Hell, if I'd known it was this easy to control -- I'd done taken over the place myself.  Don't look like it'd take more than a few...."  His words cut off there upon catching sight of the boy watching them.  Kid looked no older than twenty, give or take a couple of years.  Then his eyes darted to the sheriff's badge. "Bout time you showed up!  What the hell you starin at?! Get in there and stop your trouble!"  he commanded, waving the boy off as he swung himself up into the saddle.