5Re: It begins...

  • sweetraspberries86
    Sep 7, 2009

      Casey wasnt sure what was going on. He had had his bags packed for an hour now, Belle was supposed to have already picked him up. Where was she? He sat patiently on the wooden planked porch and waited. He fiddled with burlap bag he had his dirty clothes in. They had been fishing that day and his other set of clothes had gotten muddy. Casey sat with his knees drawn up, with his elbows resting on them. His palms resting against his cheeks. Freckles dotted his nose and cheeks, although he would eventually grow out of them. His dark brown, fairly wild hair hung in whisps over his eyes. He whistled to himself to pass the time. He knew that this was not normal. Something was going on. Why was she late? She was never late. He let out a small sigh and withdrew one hand from his cheek and began tracing with his finger on the ground.

      A voice interrupted his daze. "Casey?" He looked around to see who had spoken. It was Craig's mother, who looked just as puzzled as he seemed to be. "Hey.." Casey said in response, in a soft, faint tone of voice. He returned his thoughts onto his mother and Kris. Where were they? Were they coming? Maybe she was going to leave him there? Maybe she didnt want him anymore and this was her way and putting him off on somebody else. He shook his head. No. No! His ma wouldnt do that. There had to be a reason. "Where's your mother?" She asked, in a sincere but curious tone of voice. Casey just shrugged. "I dont know..." He said. "Maybe she's not going to come.." He stated, the thought causing him to frown slightly.

      She sighed at the boy and frowned, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sure she'll be here soon honey.." She stated, although wondered herself what was going on. It wasnt like Belle to just leave Casey there. Casey and Kristal were Belle's pride and joy. She loved both kids with all of her heart and wouldve done anything thing for both of them. She wouldnt just leave them somewhere and forget about them like that. "Your mother will be here soon. I'm sure she just got held up.. " She said, with a warm smile. Casey gave a small half grin back and nodded. "Yeah, I'm sure she will.." He said and fell silent. Craig's mother gave him another pat on the shoulder and then turned and headed back into the house, pausing only for a moment to speak to Casey again. "It's hot out here honey. You can come in the house and wait if you like.." She said.

      Casey turned his attention around on her and gave a small shrug. "Nah, I'm ok. She'll be here soon.." Casey said and with a confident sigh, turned his attention back on the dirt driveway, just watching. Little did he know that his mother would never come. He would never see her again, nor his sister. Nor the ranch. He didnt know it at the time but his wait was in vain. She would never show. Her absence would cause Casey to wonder. It would have an effect on him for years to come. He would believe that Belle had abandoned him, not wanting him anymore.

      --- In DestinyOutlaws@yahoogroups.com, Sum <sum4jc@...> wrote:

      > The fighting began and it was brutal. Many of Belle's men fell within the first few seconds of the gunfight.Belle herself fought gallantly, bringing down quite a few of the outlaws and renegades, but it wasn't enough. In the end Belle was captured. As she was brought to the ground, her gaze turned to the barn. One of the men noticed and sent a few men Kristal's way.
      >
      > Kristal, who had had climbed up to the hayloft, had watched everything through a small cut in the barn wall. Seeing Belle fall, Kristal pulled out her gun letting her angry temper start to control her. She was not about to lose her Ma! Her green eyes narrowed as the men approached the barn and she moved to the edge of the hayloft. When one of the men came into view below her, Kristal jumped down and landed on top of them. Both fell to the floor scrambling to get the upper hand. Being the youngest and more lithe than the larger man on top of her, Kristal managed to get her gun cocked and pulled the trigger before the man knew what was going on. The bullet lodged itself deep in the man's skull, ending his life.
      >
      > However, the other man managed to regain his footing and lunged at the young girl taking her off guard. Kristal went down, a pile of hay softening her fall. The man then jumped on top of her a knife gleaming in the light from the window above. The smell of smoke suddenly drifted to her nostrils and Kris frowned and glanced back at the open barn door, which ended up being a big mistake. The man brought his knife down and if she hadn't turned just in time, she would have been killed. As it were, her collar bone was slashed from her right shoulder to just above her left breast. Her shirt was cut and her chest burned and seared with pain. Hissing and biting her lip to keep from making any noise, she turned her attention back to the man. His knife slashed in front of her, but Kristal managed to kick the man and crawl away. Free of the hay and the man, she stood up and faced him.

> [...]

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic