Thursday and regular weekend runs

  • denvertrailrunners
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2008
      THURSDAY RUN & FIREWORKS

      Run Location: Chimney Gulch/Lookout Mtn. The main group will start at
      6:15pm; the early group at 5:30pm.

      Run notes: The forecast calls for a chance of rain/snow. We'll run the
      trail if it's dry, the road if it's wet. WE DON'T RUN ON MUDDY TRAILS!
      Be prepared for either. Both routes (road and trail) are fairly simple
      out-and-backs. Sometimes we go up the trail, and down the road. The
      road route is ~5 minutes longer to/from Windy Saddle. Bring a watch so
      you know when to turn around. Sunset is at 7:28; civil twilight at 7:55.

      Thursday is the annual E-Days fireworks show at the Colo School of
      Mines (CSM). This is the best fireworks show in the state. Think of
      students, smart engineers, given free reign and resources to blow
      stuff up as a school project. The show takes place at the CSM stadium,
      in Golden, near 12th & Birch. It starts around 9pm, and goes for about
      30 minutes. It's free. Bring warm clothes to change into after the
      run. If you can't make the run, just show up for the show.

      Because of the weather, there's a chance that the show may be
      postponed (it seems to have been cold and wet every year when they do
      the fireworks). We'll let you know if that happens.

      If you are new to DTR and unfamiliar with the trails, and for more
      information about DTR, including FAQs, please go to the link below.
      For directions, route descriptions and explanation of ratings, please
      follow the link below to maps.
      http://dtr.runuphillracing.com/

      All messages are archived, and more group information is also
      available at:

      ++++++++++
      DTR AFFILIATED RUNS
      Please contact the persons listed below for more information on these
      runs.

      SATURDAY EVERGREEN
      The Evergreen Runners Circle (ERC) holds FREE runs every Saturday,
      8:30am, on trails, in the Evergreen area. Several DTR regulars join
      these runs. The ERC runs are typically about 60 minutes long. They
      usually go out for coffee/breakfast afterwards. Please forward your
      questions to Dave via the ERC link below. For more info about the ERC
      schedules, go to: http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Lodge/7018/index.html
      Schedule:
      4/5: Chief Hosa
      4/12: Upper Bear Creek Road, 5 mile sign.
      4/19: Three Sisters from the yellow house to the top of Evergreen Peak
      4/26: Flying J Ranch
      5/3: O'Fallon Park
      5/10: Genesee Overlook
      5/17: Evergreen Lake House

      SUNDAY GOLDEN
      Golden weekend runs are Sundays at 7:30 a.m. Meet outside Brooks
      Field, CSM Stadium, on 12th Street in Golden, and run on one of six or
      more different routes in the Golden area. All of the courses allow for
      varying lengths (e.g. 6-14+ miles) and paces, depending on the
      interests of the runners on that day. For further information contact
      Ron Benioff at rnbenioff@... 303-279-6152.

      LONE TREE
      Jotham Matabi wants to see if there is interested in a Douglas County run:
      "I'm thinking of starting and leading a run probably on Wednesday
      evening or Sunday evenings if there's enough interest. The run would
      be at Bluffs Regional Park,
      http://co.douglas.co.us/publicworks/parksandtrails/Bluffs_Regional_Park.html

      Address: 10099 Crooked Stick Trail, Lone Tree, CO 80124
      Time between 5.00-6.00pm
      Individuals can email me on this email if anyone is interested."
      JMatabi@...

      Interested in another weekday or weekend group run? Pick a time and
      place, and we'll post it to the group.
    • denvertrailrunners
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8, 2008
        + Thursday run
        + Other DTR affiliated runs: Sat Evergreen, Sun Golden, Wed/Sun Lone Tree

        THURSDAY RUN
        Run Location: Red Rocks. Meet at the Trading Post. The main group will
        start at 6:15pm; the early group at 5:30pm.

        Run notes: The forecast calls for rain/snow. Wednesday and Thursday.
        WE DON'T RUN ON MUDDY TRAILS! We'll probably run the roads. The roads
        are hilly with very little traffic. There are lots of ways to put
        together multiple loops for any distant you want to run. Be prepared
        for either just in case. You can still choose to run the roads even if
        it's dry.

[...]

        4/26: Flying J Ranch ( we run from the "Evergreen end", not the
        Conifer end)
[...]

        Interested in another weekday or weekend group run? This might be
        another good weekend to run Oh My God. Is anyone interested in leading
        a group? Pick a time and place, mail it to
        DenverTrailRunners-owner@yahoogroups.com, and we'll post it to the group.