DTR Monthly Reminder

  • denvertrailrunners
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2007
      This is a regular reminder about how DTR works.

      DTR is a free group of people who run trails in the Denver area.

      This is a newsletter type group, not a discussion group. Only a
      handful of people can send messeges to the group. Repeated surveys has
      determined that that's the way the group likes it.

      This doesn't mean that you can't send something appropriate to the
      group. If you do have something to send, send it to us and we will
      pass it on to the group if appropriate.
      DenverTrailRunners-owner@yahoogroups.com

      DTR is designed to be as self-service as possible. This includes
      joining, leaving, or changing your e-mail subscription. Just about
      anything you might want to know about the group can be found at either:
      http://dtr.runuphillracing.com/ (including a FAQ page), or

      Please read the info there - including FAQs, maps and directions, and
      old messages - before sending a question. There are over 1,400 people
      (as of 8/1/07) on the Yahoo list and we don't have time to respond to
      every individual questions. A lot of time and energy has been spent in
      developing the site info. Then, if you still have questions, feel free
      to contact us at DenverTrailRunners-owner@yahoogroups.com

      The Thursday evening run is the only regularly scheduled run. Other
      runs - weekends, weekday mornings, other afternoons, etc. - happen
      when someone volunteers to lead a run. Leading doesn't mean being the
      fastest runner. It just means setting a time/place, and explaining the
      run to others who show up. If you want to run with others at another
      time, let us know and we will pass it on to the group. Only a small
      portion of the 1,400 show up on Thursdays. Chances are others on the
      list are interested in other runs too "Build it and they will come."

      This also applies to carpooling to runs or races. Share the gas costs
      and have some company. Let us know several days in advance, so we have
      time to pass it on to the group.

      Please don't be intimidated. The group is for all ages and ability -
      REALLY. We have people from low 30s 10k speed, to 60+, and some who
      walk the trails. Come on out and have fun. You'll meet some good
      people. And, the only way to get better is to get out there.

      When you do show up, please introduce yourself to me and others. We
      try to greet new people and make them feel welcome, but sometimes I
      forget or don't have time. Please don't be shy.

      If you have other ideas for the group, please let us know. The group
      is here for your benefit.

      Train smart.

      See you on the trails.