Tuesday Speed Workout 4/3

  • denvertrailrunners
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 8:30 AM
      This Tuesday's speed workout will be at Green Mtn. Meet at the Rooney
      Road lot, ready to run, at 6:15pm.

      We will start with a ~10min easy jog warm-up. The workout will be hill
      repeats, ~30-40 second hard uphill sprints; walk down for a full
      recovery, ~1:30. Repeat for 20-25 minutes, however many you get done
      in the time. Everyone will start and finish together. Then, ~5-10 min
      cool down back to the cars.

      Workout location: From the lot, run up the paved path and across the
      bridge. Continue straight, up the service road (wide dirt), for about
      300 yards. Take the single-track trail to the left. The trail starts
      flat, then there's a steep drop, followed by a steep climb, then
      another steep descent. Regroup at the bottom of the secend steep
      climb. The hill repeats will be on this second hill.

      On the repeats, run hard for ~30 seconds; don't try to make it all the
      way to the top. Once your form starts to break down, it's time to
      stop, return to the bottom, and repeat.

      The speed work is for runners of all abilities. We will stay in a
      compact area, so no one will get left behind. The only exception is
      for beginning runners or those coming back after a long lay-off. You
      should build a good base, with lower effort, and gradually longer
      runs, before you start doing speed work.

      Bring a warm clothing for the warm-up and cool-down, and water, if you
      want, to drink between the repeats. You can leave the extra clothes
      and water on the side of the trail where we do the workout. Bring dry
      clothes to chang into after the run.

      If you are unfamiliar with the trails at Green Mtn or need directions
      to the lot, please go to http://dtr.runuphillracing.com and click on maps.

      I (Adam) will not be there. Look for Mike, Mike and Joe to lead the way.