Thursday run location

  • denvertrailrunners
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2007
      We will still meet at Green Mtn today. We will run the trail if it
      hasn't warmed up, melted and got muddy. If we go on trail, be prepared
      for your feet to get cold and wet. Alternatively, we will run a road
      course from there. Either way, it is supposed to be windy. Dress
      accordingly and bring eye protection.

      Road alternate: Head up the path from the parking lot, and across the
      bridge over C470 to the bike path. Go right, down the paved path,
      ~2mi, to Morrison. Go right on Morrison Rd, into the town. You are
      better off crossing the road and taking the bike path. Then:

      Short: Just as you enter the town, stay right at the Y, before the
      white, spanish building. Run up the road ~1.5mi. Please keep your
      light on and run facing traffic for safety. Take the first road on the
      right, up and over the hogback. On the other side, at the bottom of
      the hill, take a left on Rooney Rd. It's ~1/3mi up to the parking lot.

      Intermediate/long: Continue through the town of Morrison, past the two
      traffic lights, ~200 yards past the elementary school. take the next
      right into Red Rocks. Follow the roads up through Red Rocks to the
      road over the hogback. Experienced runners will know the way. If there
      are newer DTRs, please wait at key intersections and help guide them.