Full Moon Run and NY Marathon contest

  • denvertrailrunners
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2006
      This Monday, we will join the Hash House Harriers for a full moon run.
      The run starts at the Wheat Ridge Rec Center, @ 41st & Kipling.
      According the the Hashers web site, "There will be mixes of road and
      trail, so bring the flashlights." "Bring $5."

      Hashers have been described as drinkers with a running problem. At the
      runs, someone (or several) will go out early and set a course. They
      mark turns and intersections, usually with flour, but not the turn
      direction. The trailing runners work as a group, sending out people in
      different directions to find the next mark. They then call back to the
      group, with everyone following in the correct direction, hopefully.
      It's not that hard. There will be experienced hashers to run with.
      Drinking is optional.

      For info and directions, go to the site below, and scroll down to the
      Denver Full Moon Hash.
      http://www.angelfire.com/mi/birdman/hareline.html
      For more info about hashing (see the hash primer for trail markings) see http://www.harrier.net/

      ++++++++++
      NY Marathon Contest
      Lance Armstrong is running the NY Marathon on Sunday. How fast will he
      run? Send in your guess by midnight on Saturday. The race is Sunday.

      The person with the closest time wins a free, 1-year membership to the
      DenverTrailRunners (I know it's free, so is the contest; what do you
      want). If you guess his time to the second, you can win a free 2-year
      membership.

      Please send your guess to runuphillracing@...

      P.S. My guess is 2:47:15

      You can follow the race at http://www.nycmarathon.org/home/index.php
      They have a "Lance Cam."

      A 1-hour highlight show of the race is scheduled to air on NBC/KUSA,
      channel 9, 11:30am - 12:30pm, Sunday.