Week of Oct 4

  • denvertrailrunners
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2006
      IN THIS WEEK'S MESSAGE:
      + Thursday run
      + Other group runs
      + Carpools and group trips
      + Talks, Clinics, and other Non-Race Events
      + Races

      Marion and I are not moving to California. We have decided to stay in
      Colorado. Sorry for the personal note.

      ++++++++++

      THURSDAY RUN
      Location: Green Mtn, Rooney Road

      Time: The early group starts around 5:30pm. The main group will start
      at 6:00pm. EARLY START TIME! The main group will start at 6pm, for the
      next several weeks, to capture the fading daylight.

      Sunset 6:37pm. End civil twilight 7:04pm. Moonrise 5:55pm, 97% full.

      Run notes: We will run the reverse direction – faster runners will go
      up the northern trail, via GM6; slower runners up the service road.
      We'll regroup at the top, just past GM5, to watch the nearly full moon
      rise over the city. From there, faster runners will take one of the
      routes via UTAH3 and FLA; slower runners via UTAH2 and UTAH1. I'll
      lead the slower groups this week. The moon should help light the way
      to the finish.

      If you are new to DTR, or unfamiliar with the trails, directions or
      ratings, please follow the link below to maps, route descriptions,
      driving directions, FAQs, and other information.
      http://dtr.runuphillracing.com/

      All messages are archived, and more group information is available at:

      ++++++++++
      OTHER GROUPS

      SATURDAY EVERGREEN
      The Evergreen Runners Circle (ERC) holds FREE runs every Saturday,
      8:30am, on trails, in the Evergreen area. Several DTR regulars join
      these runs. The ERC runs are typically about 60 minutes long. They
      usually go out for coffee/breakfast afterwards. Please forward your
      questions to Dave via the ERC link below. For more info about the ERC
      schedules, go to: http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Lodge/7018/index.html
      Schedule:
      10/7: Elk Meadow, lower lot
      10/14: Maxwell Falls
      10/21: O'Fallon Park
      10/28: Genesee Overlook
      11/4: Alderfer/3 Sisters
      11/11: Upper Bear Creek Rd, 5mi mark
      11/18: Chief Hosa

      SUNDAY GOLDEN
      Golden weekend runs are Sundays at 7:30 a.m. Meet outside Brooks
      Field, CSM Stadium, on 12th Street in Golden, and run on one of six or
      more different routes in the Golden area. All of the courses allow for
      varying lengths (e.g. 6-14+ miles) and paces, depending on the
      interests of the runners on that day. For further information contact
      Ron Benioff at rnbenioff@... 303-279-6152.

      ++++++++++
      GROUP OUTINGS/CARPOOLS
      "Anyone going to The Other Half in Moab on October 22nd? Need another
      male rider to share expenses with three oldies but goodies if anyone
      is interested.
      contact: Cahrnsbrak@... or Joe Baird @
      jbaird@..."

      Interested in carpooling or group road trips to upcoming races? Let me
      know.

      ++++++++++
      Clinics and Talks
      10/21; Trail Running 101 Form Clinic; west Denver foothills;
      303-870-0487; http://www.runuphillracing.com

      10/29; Trail Running 101 Form Clinic; west Denver foothills;
      303-870-0487; http://www.runuphillracing.com

      11/12; Road Running Form Clinic; west Denver area; 303-870-0487;
      http://www.runuphillracing.com

      ++++++++++
      FEATURED RACES
      * 10/15. Coal Creek XC Challenge. A fun 5.5mi run featuring some off
      trail running and water crossings.

      ++++++++++
      RACE CALENDAR
      10/4, 6pm; Lakewood Trail Running Series #5; 1mi uphill; Green Mtn,
      Rooney Rd lot; Register at Runners Roost Lakewood, Alameda &
      Wadsworth, 303-991-1851; 303-987-5422, chrjus@...

      10/7; Telegraph Trail Run; 50k, 25k; Durango; (970) 375-2413;
      http://www.rundurango.com/

      10/7; Danielesque Trail Run; 13.8mi, 27.6mi; White Ranch; no race day
      reg, 75 runner limit; (303) 271-1935,
      http://www.pmimage.com/danielesque.html

      10/7; RMRR Trophy Series #10; 8mi; Chatfield St Park; http://www.rmrr.org

      10/7; Bacon Strip Trail Race; 10mi, 4mi; Ft. Collins; (970) 224-9114;
      http://www.runnersroostftcollins.com/

      10/14; Lair o' the Bear; 2mi, 10mi; Evergreen; 303-674-6441;
      http://www.evergreenrecreation.com/schedules_standings.html
      smartin@...

      10/14; Barr Lake Boogie, Front Range Frenzy #5, 15km; Barr Lake State
      Park, Brighton; http://www.racingunderground.com

      10/14; Buffalo Creek Burn Run; 50km; near Pine, CO; FREE, numbers
      limited, pre-registration only; adeboer@...

      *10/15; Coal Creek XC Challenge; 5.5mi; Louisville;
      http://www.comastersrun.org

      10/28; Goblin Valley Ultra; 50km; near Green River, UT;
      http://www.goblinvalleyultra.com

      11/5; RMRR Trophy Series #11; 10mi; Waterton Canyon; http://www.rmrr.org

      11/18; Chatfield 10 Miler; http://www.comastersrun.org