Brrrr! Week of Dec 8

  • runuphillracing
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2005
      In this week's message:
      + Thursday run: Red Rocks
      + Weekend groups: Sat Evergreen Runners Circle, Sun Golden
      + Incline Club Sunday runs
      + Volunteers needed for Derek's Winter Race Series
      + Carpools and group trips: Chilly Hilly, Kilimanjaro Marathon
      + Trail Races, clinics and other upcoming events. NEW EVENTS ADDED

      This Thursday's run will be at Red Rocks. The main group will start at
      6:15. The early group starts around 5:30pm.

      There are both road and trail options. Check the web site for the
      different route options.

      Next week's run will be a social, full moon run. The tentative
      location is Chief Hosa.

      Our annual holiday run is planned for Dec 22. I'm looking for
      alternate locations/ideas. In the past, we've done a casual "xmas
      lights" run, through the neighborhoods around Wash Park, checking out
      the decorated houses. Then, we've gathered for dinner as Las
      Margaritas, nearby.

      If you are new to these trails, or to DTR, please follow the link
      below to maps, route descriptions, driving directions, FAQs, and other
      information.
      http://dtr.runuphillracing.com/

      All messages are archived, and more group information is available at:

      ++++++++++

      The Evergreen Runners Circle (ERC) holds FREE runs every Saturday,
      8:30am, on trails, in the Evergreen area. Several DTR regulars join
      these runs. The ERC runs are typically about 60 minutes long. They
      usually go out for coffee/breakfast afterwards. Please forward your
      questions to Dave via the ERC link below. For more info about the ERC
      schedules, go to: http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Lodge/7018/index.html
      Schedule:
      12/10: Mt. Vernon CC, Beaver Brook, from the I-70 park and ride.
      12/17: Upper Bear Creek. Start at mile marker 5.
      12/24: Evergreen Lake House. (Merry Christmas everyone!)
      12/31: Elk Meadow. UPPER lot off of Stagecoach.

      Golden weekend runs are moving to Sundays at 7:30 a.m., beginning this
      Sunday, November 20th. They meet outside Brooks Field, CSM Stadium, on
      12th Street in Golden and will continue to run on at least six
      different trails in the foothills, on the mesas, and on other paths in
      the Golden area. All of the courses allow for varying lengths (e.g.
      6-14+ miles) and paces, depending on the interests of the runners on
      that day. For further information contact Ron Benioff at
      rnbenioff@..., 303-279-6152.

      ++++++++++

      The Incline Club holds long runs on Sundays, around the Pike Peak
      area. They stay fairly low over the winter, then gradually venture up
      higher as the trails dry, in the spring. There is a large turnout,
      often >100 people, even over the winter, with a wide range of
      abilities. For more info, go to http://www.inclineclub.com

      If you are interested in carpooling down to these runs, contact me and
      I will share your e-mail address with others who are also interested.

      ++++++++++

      From Derek Griffiths:
      "We are looking for volunteers for our Winter Distance Series races
      (www.winterdistanceseries.com) on 12/10/2005, 1/14/2006, and
      2/25/2006. Please email Jessica at Jessica@... if
      you are interested. All volunteers will receive a comp entry to
      another event that we put on
      (www.coloradorunnermag.com/other/JDEvents.html) and will also receive
      all goodies that the runners receive. Thanks a lot!"

      ++++++++++

      On Jan 21-22, there's a 5-race, 2-day, trail event, near Bloomington,
      IN. Indiana in January? Not my first thought either. However, this
      looks really interesting.

      The ChillyHilly is 5 trail races, of various distances, over 20 hours.
      It starts with a 10k run on Sat afternoon, then a 4mi run that night.
      On Sunday, there's a 5km, 10mi, and 1mi run, all before noon. Housing
      (Sat night) and meals are included in the entry. You can do it as an
      individual, or relay.

      It would be fun to go with a group. Several people have expressed
      interest. We would probably fly out Friday afternoon or evening, and
      return Sunday night. Contact me if interested, adam@...

      Race info: http://www.hoosier200.com/chilihilly.htm

      Jim Romero is looking for anyone interested in joining him/group this
      coming Feb 2006 to run the Kilimanjaro marathon. He would be
      interested in people looking to run the marathon, and/or do a safari,
      and/or climb the mighty Kilimanjaro after the marathon.
      http://www.kilimanjaromarathon.com/

      Please contact him at 303-794-2952, or jrom794@...

      Interested in carpooling or group road trips to other races? Let me
      know. Suggested road trips and carpools:
      *Grand Lake SS Festival. Several of us did this last season, and had a
      great time

      ++++++++++

      Upcoming trail/snowshoe (SS) races and events:

      12/10; Beaver Creek SS Adventure Series #1; 5k/10k; Beaver Creek
      Resort; http://www.bcsnowshoe.com

      12/10; Rudolph's Revenge; 5m/10m; Chatfield State Park;
      http://www.coloradorunnermag.com/other/WinterDistanceSeries.html

      12/10, 10:45am; Easy Running Form Clinic; west Denver area;
      http://www.runuphillracing.com

      12/10, 6:30pm; Luna Chase SS race; 5k; Keystone;
      http://keystone.snow.com/events.calendar.event.asp?eventid=287;
      http://www.active.com

      12/11; Day of Infamy SS race; 8km; Sunlight Mtn Resort, Glenwood
      Springs; http://www.sunlightmtn.com/eventscalendar.cfm?ECID=67

      12/17; Leadville National Fish Hatchery; Leadville;
      http://www.pedalpowerbike.com/Pedal%20Power%20Events.html; 970-845-0931

      12/17; Chilly Cheeks Duathlon; Cherry Creek State Park;
      http://www.racingunderground.com/chillycheeks.html

      12/21, 5:45pm; Breckenridge Social Snowshoe Race #1; Gold Run Nordic
      Center; http://www.breckenridgenordic.com/events_05_06.html;
      http://www.active.com

      12/22, 5pm; Winter Solstice Run; 5mi; Chatfiled State Park;
      http://www.eclecticedgeracing.com/

      12/31; Paddy's Eagle Vail SS race; 5K/10K;
      http://www.pedalpowerbike.com/Pedal%20Power%20Events.html; 970-845-0931

      12/31; Bravo! Guild SS Resolution Run; 5k, 1k kids race; Vail Nordic;
      http://www.altituderacing.com/ssraces.html

      1/7; 17th annual Turquoise Lake SS Race; 20mi; Leadville;
      http://www.salidarec.com/ccrc; tsobal@...; Tom Sobal, (719)
      539-4112

      1/7; Beaver Creek SS Adventure Series #2; 5k/10k; Beaver Creek Resort;
      http://www.bcsnowshoe.com

      1/7; Winter Trails; FREE SS demos, guided hikes, kids activities; Echo
      Lake; http://www.wintertrails.org

      *1/14; Grand Lake SS Festival; 5k/10k & other events (e.g., kids race,
      tours, geo-caching); Grand Lake; http://www.grandlakesnowshoefestival.com

      1/14; Crazy 8's; 8m/16m; Aurora Reservoir;
      http://www.coloradorunnermag.com/other/WinterDistanceSeries.html

      1/14; Swift Skedaddle SS race; 4k/10k; Silverthorne;
      http://www.racingunderground.com/snowindex.html; danelle@...;
      970-389-4838

      1/18, 5:45pm; Breckenridge Social Snowshoe Race #1; Gold Run Nordic
      Center; http://www.breckenridgenordic.com/events_05_06.html;
      http://www.active.com

      1/21; Pazzo's Colorado State Championships; 9mi; Meadow Mountain,
      Minturn; http://www.pedalpowerbike.com/Pedal%20Power%20Events.html;
      970-845-0931

      1/21; Chilly Cheeks Duathlon; Cherry Creek State Park;
      http://www.racingunderground.com/chillycheeks.html

      1/28; Cordillera Snowshoe Adventure; 5k/10k; Edwards;
      http://www.altituderacing.com/ssraces.html

      2/4; Snowshoe (and x-c ski) Orienteering; Frisco Nordic Center;
      http://www.rmoc.org, tentative

      2/5; Frisco Gold Rush; 5k/10k, also x-c ski races; Frisco Nordic
      Center; http://www.emgcolorado.com; 303-635-2815

      2/11; Beaver Creek SS Adventure Series #3; 5k/10k; Beaver Creek
      Resort; http://www.bcsnowshoe.com

      2/12; Screamin' Snowman SS race; 5k/10k; Eldora Mtn, Nederland;
      http://www.racingunderground.com/sssnowman.html

      2/18; Winter Trails; FREE SS demos, guided hikes, kids activities;
      Estes Park; http://www.wintertrails.org

      2/18; Chilly Cheeks Duathlon; Cherry Creek State Park;
      http://www.racingunderground.com/chillycheeks.html

      2/18; Mt. Taylor Winter Quadrathlon; 43mi road bike, run, x-c ski,
      snowshoe; Grants, NM; http://mttaylorquad.org

      2/25; Snowman Stampede; 10m/20m; Cherry Creek State Park;
      http://www.coloradorunnermag.com/other/WinterDistanceSeries.html

      2/25; Snowshoe (and x-c ski) Orienteering; Snow Mtn Ranch, Granby;
      http://www.rmoc.org, tentative

      2/25, 7pm; Cordillera Moonlight Snowshoe Adventure; 5k; Edwards;
      http://www.altituderacing.com/ssraces.html

      3/4, 7pm; Billy's Island Grill Night SS race; 5mi; Vail Mountain;
      http://www.pedalpowerbike.com/Pedal%20Power%20Events.html; 970-845-0931

      3/5; North American SS Championships; 5k/10k; Beaver Creek Resort;
      http://www.bcsnowshoe.com

      3/12; Swift Skedaddle SS race; Gold Run Nordic Center;
      http://www.racingunderground.com/snowindex.html; danelle@...;
      970-389-4838

      3/18; America's Uphill; 2.5mi of anything goes (SS or ski); Aspen;
      http://www.utemountaineer.com/americasuphill.aspx

      3/24-26; US National SS Championships; Bolton Valley, VT;
      http://www.snowshoeracing.com/national_championship06.htm

      4/1; Snowshoe Shuffle; 5k/10k; Beaver Creek Resort;
      http://www.bcsnowshoe.com

      4/8; K-9 Uphill; dog and human team SS race; "Demo dogs and snowshoes
      available", Buttermilk Mtn; (970) 925-1069 or www.sundogathletics.com.