Week of Sept. 6

  • runuphillracing
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2005
      In this week's message:
      + Thursday run: Apex Park
      + Other weekly runs: Tue & Wed mornings, Sat ERC
      + DTR Road Trip - 10/8, Silent Trails race, Laramie
      + Carpool offers/requests
      + Trail Races, clinics and other upcoming events.

      This Thursday's run is at Apex Park (T4, P3, N2, bMms). The main group
      will start at 6:15pm. The early group usually starts around 5:30pm.
      We'll do the Figure 8 route.

      In case of rain and muddy trails, we will run at Bear Creek Lake Park instead.

      If you are new to this trail, or to DTR, please follow the link below
      to maps, route descriptions, driving directions, and other information.

      Tue morning runs continue at South Table Mtn (T=3, P=2, N=4) on
      Tuesday mornings, 5:15am. You should bring a hand or head light for
      the start of the run. Please see the message posted on Mondays, or
      contact Ray: r2grundmeyer@...

      Wed mornings, run stairs at Red Rocks. This is a "show-and-go"
      workout, meaning that just start whenever you show up. People have
      been starting anywhere from 5:30-6:30am. Is anyone showing up or
      should I drop this listing?

      The Evergreen Runners Circle (ERC) holds free runs every Saturday,
      8:30am, on trails, in the Evergreen area. Several DTR regulars join
      these runs. The ERC runs are typically about 60 minutes long. They
      usually go out for coffee/breakfast afterwards. Please forward your
      questions to Dave via the ERC link below. For more info about the ERC
      schedules, go to: http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Lodge/7018/index.html

      9/10: Bergen Peak and Elk Meadow races (see below)
      9/17: Evergreen Mtn from upper Alderfer lot
      9/24: O'Fallon Park
      10/1: Chief Hosa

      I'd like to see if we can get enough people interested in taking a
      road trip to the Silent Trails race, 10/8; in Laramie, WY.

      The race is a memorial to 7 members of the Univ. of Wyoming
      cross-country team, who were killed by a drunk driver, while driving
      back from Colorado, in 2001. The race is 10mi, of single-track trail,
      in the Happy Jack Recreation Area, of the medicine Bow National
      Forest, just outside of Laramie. Details at

      If we can get enough interest, it can be a lot of fun going to a race
      as a group. Laramie is less than 2 hours from Denver, no farther than
      going to Vail.

      Let me know if you're interested.

      Save gas. Save money. It's more fun to go with a group. Send me a note
      if interested in carpooling to any upcoming events. I'll try to help
      you find a driving partner. Please send me the information by the
      weekend prior to the event.

      Talon is looking to carpool to the Goblin Valley 50k race (see below):
      "I would like to know if anyone is planning or interested in going to
      this event. I plan on going and would love to carpool. If someone
      would like to share a room, that would be cool too. I plan on going
      down Friday and coming back Sunday." runtalon@...

      Upcoming trail races and events:

      * Imogene is full. If you're going, please let me know. We'll pick a
      time/place to get together after the race. Maybe we can cooperate on
      car shuttles the morning of the race, rather than relying on the busses.

      9/10; Elk Meadow & Bergen Peak Trail Races; 5.6mi/11.5mi; Evergreen;
      http://smartin@... 303-674-6441 x26

      *9/10; Imogene Pass Run; 17.1mi; Ouray; http://www.imogenerun.com
      staff@... 970-728-0251

      9/10; Kremmling Road Kill; 5k/10k/1/2-marathon; Kremmling;
      http://www.runningseries.com http://www.kremmlingchamber.com 877-573-4302

      9/10; Summit County, HealthQuest 2005; 5k/10k; Copper Mtn;
      http://www.summithealthquest.com 970 968-2104

      9/11; Barr Lake Boogie; 15km; Brighton;
      info@... 303-642-7917

      9/11; Evergold Trail Run; 10k; Vail;
      http://www.vailrec.com/adult_runningrace.htm 970-479-2280

      9/17; Sombrero Ranch Roundup; 4.5mi; Estes Park;
      http://www.bolderboulder.com/sombrero.cfm 303-444-RACE

      9/24; Grand Teton Races; Marathon, 50 Mile, and 100 Mile; Grand Teton
      Resort, Alta, WY; http://www.tetonraces.com 208-787-2077

      9/25; Barr Lake 15km; Brighton; http://www.comastersrun.org

      10/1; Lair of the Bear; 10mi; Idledale, CO;

      10/1; Danielesque Trail Run; full & half marathon; White Ranch,
      Golden; http://www.pmimage.com/danielesque.html

      10/8; Silent Trails Memorial Race; 10mi; Laramie, WY;

      10/8-9; Durango Double; Sat: Telegraph Trail 50k, Horse Gulch 25k,
      Kids 1k; Sun: Durango Marathon (road), San Juan Mountains Half
      Marathon (road); Durango; http://www.durangomarathon.com 970-375-2413

      10/16; Coal Creek X-C Challenge; 5.5mi; Louisville;
      http://www.comastersrun.org cahrnsbrak@...

      10/31; Goblin Valley 50K Ultra; Goblin Valley State Park, Green River,
      UT; http://www.goblinvalleyultra.com Anita Fromm; 661-258-9916

      11/20; Chatfield 10-Miler; Littleton; http://www.comastersrun.org