Last week in July

  • Adam Feerst, Runuphill Racing
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2005
      In this week's message:
      + Thursday run: Deer Creek - pot luck picnic
      + Other weekly runs: Tue & Wed mornings, Sat ERC
      + Race Volunteers needed
      + Relay Runners Needed
      + Identify this runner
      + Trail Races, clinics and other upcoming events. NEW EVENTS ADDED.

      This Thursday is a run and picnic at Deer Creek (T=3, P=4, N=2; BMms) trails. The main group will start at 6:20pm; the early group meets at 5:30pm. If you arrive late, just start and do a shorter route. Please finish around 7:50 for the picnic.

      We will go in a counter-clockwise direction, different than last time. Slower runners should just do the Plymouth Mtn loop; either take the 2nd left above the wall, or continue 1/4 mi up and take the next left (it comes in from behind) onto the Homestead trail. Intermediate and faster runners should do the Red Mesa loop first. Intermediate runners should either head down from there, or take the Homestead trail cross,
      then the next left back down to the main trail. Faster runners should take Homestead, then continue around Plymouth Mtn.

      After the run, join us for a potluck picnic at the park. Please bring food or drink to share with others - fruit, salads - green or pasta, desserts, beer/wine/soda, etc. Last time we had a lot of sweets. It would be nice if a couple of people brought main dishes. We had a lot of sweets last time. Plates, cups, utensils, and napkins will be provided.

      If you are new to the group or unfamiliar with the run locations and
      rating, please go to http://dtr.runuphillracing.com for driving directions, running routes, trail ratings, or other information about the group. Please read and bring a printout of the maps and route descriptions.

      Tentative Schedule:
      8/4: North Table. Does anyone know how Friday's fire affected the
      trail?
      8/9 (Tue): Green Mtn time trial
      8/11: Genesee/Beaver Brook
      8/18: Hogback/Mathews Winters
      8/25: Lair 'o the Bear, picnic
      9/1: South Valley

      ++++++++++

      Tue morning runs continue at South Table Mtn (T=3, P=2, N=4) on Tuesday mornings, 5:15am. Please see the message posted on Mondays, or contact Leigh: lsingleton@...

      Wed mornings, run stairs at Red Rocks. This is a "show-and-go" workout, meaning that just start whenever you show up. People have been starting anywhere from 5:30-6:30am. Is anyone showing up or should I drop this listing?

      Wed mornings, every other week, join Derek Griffith for a long run near Ken Caryl. He starts at his house, 28 Tecoma Circle, at 6:30am, and runs for up to 2 hours, 12-15 miles. Contact Derek for more information, derek@...

      This Saturday's Evergreen Runners Circle (ERC) is at O'Fallon Park. The ERC runs are typically about 60 minutes long. They usually go out for coffee/breakfast afterwards. Please forward your questions to Dave via the ERC link below. For more info about the ERC schedules, go to: http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Lodge/7018/index.html

      Schedule:
      8/6: Chief Hosa
      8/7: Evergreen Town Race
      8/13: Georgetown to Idaho Springs Half-Marathon Race
      8/20: Evergreen Lake House

      ++++++++++

      I need some help at my upcoming Twilight Trail Series races on 7/27 and 8/3. Contact me at info@..., 303-870-0487. Race info and directions at www.runuphillracing.com.

      ++++++++++

      Team Freakin Idiots needs additional runners for their Wild West Relay team. See race details below. If interested, or for questions, contact Jess LaVigne, jsobo5@....

      Relay races are a lot of fun. You spend 24 hours or so, running and driving through the mountains, with other tired runners. You can be seriously competitive; you can be casual; you can have both on the same team. There are a couple of good events in Colorado:

      8/19-20; Wild West Relay; Ft. Collins to Steamboat Springs; 195 miles; directed by a sometime DTR member Paul Vanderheiden. Teams of 12 with each person running three separate 5-6 mile legs. Ultra teams of 6 with each person running a single 30-35 mi leg. This is held on the full moon. http://www.wildwestrelay.com, wwr@...

      9/16-17; Colorado Outward Bound Relay; Idaho Springs to Glenwood Springs; 170 miles. 10 and 5 person teams. www.coloradorelay.com

      Interested in forming a team with other DenverTrailRunners for an upcoming relay? Do you already have a team that is looking for additional runners? If interested in forming a team, please send me a note. We'll need someone to volunteer to "lead" the teams. That means being the contact person and organizing the other runners and drivers. You can use the DTR message to help recruit team members. I am not able to do the relays this year, although I have done the Colorado Relay before.

      ++++++++++

      "If you can identify the runner in this photo http://www.runpikespeak.com/img/p_unknown.jpg you could win a free entry into next year's Barr Trail Mountain Race! We have hidden his bib number to keep things FAIR!!!" Please respond to Matt Carpenter at matt@...

      ++++++++++

      Save gas. Save money. It's more fun to go with a group. Send me a note, info@..., if interested in carpooling to any upcoming events. I'll try to help you find a driving partner. Please try to get it to me by the weekend prior to the event.

      Upcoming races and events:

      7/27, 6:40pm; Twilight Trail Series #3; 7.5mi; South Valley Park,
      Littleton; http://www.runuphillracing.com; info@...;
      303-870-0487

      7/31; Hamlin' Scramble; 9mi; Idaho Springs; http://www.eclecticedgeracing.com;
      303-674-5446

      8/3, 6:40pm; Twilight Trail Series #4; 6.9mi; White Ranch, Golden;
      http://www.runuphillracing.com; info@...; 303-870-0487

      8/5, 6:30pm; RMRR Trophy Series #8; 5km; deKoevend Park, Littleton;
      http://www.rmrr.org, 303-871-8366

      8/6; Brian's Run; 5k; Snow Mountain Ranch, near Granby;
      http://briansrun.net/; 970-887-2862

      8/6; Mt. Werner Classic; 5mi/12mi; Steamboat Springs;
      http://www.runningseries.com; 970-871-9360

      8/6; Castlewood Cliffs; 10k; Douglas County;
      http://www.racingunderground.com/frontrangefrenzy/index.html;
      info@...; 303-642-7917

      8/9, 7pm; Marathon Movie Night; REI, Denver

      8/10, 5:45pm; Summit Trail Series #5; 5mi/10mi; Horseshoe Gulch,
      Breckenridge; http://greatadventuresports.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=694

      8/10, 6:30pm; Fairmount Trail Run; 5km; Golden; http://www.comastersrun.org; cahrnsbrak@...

      8/14; Berry Picker Trail Run; 5k/10k; Vail;
      http://www.vailrec.com/adult_runningrace.htm; 970-479-2280

      8/14; Ekiden Trail Relay; 1k-2k-3k legs; Chatfield State Park,
      Littleton; http://www.eclecticedgeracing.com; 303-674-5446

      8/21; Continental Divide; 16mi; Steamboat Springs;
      http://www.runningseries.com; 970-879-0385

      8/24, 5:45pm; Summit Trail Series #6; 5k/15k; French Creek,
      Breckenridge; http://greatadventuresports.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=694

      8/27; Indian Peaks Trail Run; 10k; Eldora Mtn Resort, Nederland;
      http://www.racingunderground.com/frontrangefrenzy/index.html;
      info@...; 303-642-7917

      8/27; Silverton Alpine Marathon; 26.2; http://www.silvertonalpinemarathon.com;
      emilybaer@...; Emily Baer, 970-387-5247

      8/28; Elk Meadow Trail 10k; http://www.comastersrun.org; cahrnsbrak@...

      9/3; Creede Mountain Runs; 2mi/12mi/22mi; rexs@...; 719-658-2925

      9/4; Breckenridge Crest Marathon; 5mi/13.2mi/24.5mi; http://www.boec.org; 970-453-6422

      9/4; 10k@10,000 feet; Steamboat Springs; http://www.runningseries.com;
      970-879-0371

      9/5; Parker Pebble; 4m, 1k kids run; Bayou Gulch Open Space, Parker;
      http://www.parkerpebble.com; 303-805-0854

      9/10; Elk Meadow & Bergen Peak Trail Races; 5.6mi/11.5mi; Evergreen;
      smartin@...; 303-674-6441 x26

      9/10; Imogene Pass Run; 17.1mi; Ouray; http://www.imogenerun.com;
      staff@...; 970-728-0251

      9/10; Kremmling Road Kill; 5k/10k/1/2-marathon; Kremmling;
      http://www.runningseries.com, http://www.kremmlingchamber.com; 877-573-4302

      9/10; Summit County, HealthQuest 2005; 5k/10k; Copper Mtn;
      http://www.summithealthquest.com, 970 968-2104

      9/11; Barr Lake Boogie; 15km; Brighton;
      http://www.racingunderground.com/frontrangefrenzy/index.html;
      info@...; 303-642-7917

      9/11; Evergold Trail Run; 10k; Vail;
      http://www.vailrec.com/adult_runningrace.htm; 970-479-2280

      9/25; Barr Lake 15km; Brighton; http://www.comastersrun.org;
      cahrnsbrak@...

      10/1; Danielesque Trail Run; full & half marathon; White Ranch, Golden;
      http://www.pmimage.com/danielesque.html

      10/16; Coal Creek X-C Challenge; 5.5mi; Louisville;
      http://www.comastersrun.org; cahrnsbrak@...

      11/20; Chatfield 10-Miler; Littleton; http://www.comastersrun.org;
      cahrnsbrak@...

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs