Reminder - Tue morning run at South Table Mtn

  • DenverTrailRunners@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 40 , Nov 1, 2004

      Tue morning run at South Table Mtn

      Date: Tuesday, November 2, 2004
      Time: 5:15AM MST (GMT-07:00)

      Join Leigh for a Tue morning run, at South Table Mtn at 5:15am.
      Look for her in a yellow Xterra, often driven by a standard
      poodle.

      These runs will continue every week as long as people show up.

      Directions: Meet at the NREL visitors' lot. Take I-70 to Denver
      West Blvd. Go north to the first street. Turn left. Go 2 blocks
      to the NREL lot.

      From 6th ave, exit at Indiana. Go north to Colfax. Turn right
      and continue past the shopping center on the left. Turn left at
      Denver West Marriott Blvd. Go over I-70 and follow the
      directions above. There are no bathrooms or changing facilities
      at this site.

      Route: You'll probably stay together. Leigh knows the way. Just
      in case...

      Head up the single track from the lot. About 100 yards up, just
      past the closed trail, make a left at the fork. Follow the trail
      to the top, then continue to the north side of the plateau,
      staying outside of the paved CDOT test track. At the north end,
      go left, west, on the old jeep road. REMEMBER THIS TURN FOR THE
      WAY BACK! You've gone <1-mile so far.

      Follow the jeep trail to the west. At no time should you cross
      the paved CDOT test track. If you get there by mistake, head
      north until
      you find the trail. You will pass by an E-W fence line, cross a
      N-S fence line, then look for a small abandoned building on the
      right. A short distance later, stay right at the fork. Follow
      the trail around the small hill until it meets a larger jeep
      road. Bear right and head west towards the power lines. REMEMBER
      THIS TURN FOR THE WAY BACK! Depending on time, continue past the
      power lines, down the hill to the far western edge of the
      plateau, then up the "Golden Stairs," a rock perch overlooking
      the town of Golden. Return the same way.
    • DenverTrailRunners@yahoogroups.com
      Message 40 of 40 , Aug 22, 2005

        Tue morning run at South Table Mtn

        Date: Tuesday, August 23, 2005
        Time: 5:15AM MDT (GMT-06:00)

        Join Leigh, Ray and David for a Tue morning run, at South Table
        Mtn at 5:15am. Look for Leigh in a yellow Xterra, often driven
        by a standard poodle, or Ray in a red pick-up (driven by
        himself).

        This is an easy paced run and the group usually stays together.

        Please contact Leigh for more info on the Tue morning run:
        LSingleton@...

        For directions and route map go to:
        http://dtr.runuphillracing.com/Maps/