Turquoise Lake Carpools

  • runahill@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2001
      The race is still open for entries. So are carpools. I am sure there
      are more of you who are going than responded.

      For those who want to go up Sat morning, , I suggest that you meet at
      6:10am, and be on the road at 6:15am. Meet at the Pteradactyl lot by
      I-70 and the Red Rocks exit, #259. At the exit (coming from Denver),
      go straight, through the light, and up the frontage road. The
      Pteradactyl lot is about 200 yards up from the light on the left, near
      the Conoco station. Once there, you can figure out the carpools.
      Remember, you get a rebate on the race with 3 or more people in each
      car.

      To get to the race, take I-70 to the Copper Mtn exit, #195. Go south
      on hwy 91, over Fremont Pass, and into Leadville. The road becomes hwy
      24 just before town. At the middle of town, the road jogs to the
      right. Turn right at the light onto 6th St. Go 1 mi down the hill to
      the "T" intersection. Go right and follow the road as it curves to the
      left, down the hill, across the RR tracks, past the Sugar Loafin
      campground, and up the hill into the National Forest. Look for signs
      to the race. At the top of the hill, just before you reach the lake
      and the dam road, go right. Then take the first (I think) left to the
      Matchless Boat Ramp. Directions to the race and ramp should be well
      marked. It takes about 1:45 to get there. The race starts at 9am
      sharp.

      For post race group activities, whether or not you are camping, we
      will meet after the race. There is a big post race feast and raffle.
      There will be plenty of time then to meet and make plans.