File - About DTR

  • DenverTrailRunners@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2013
      This is a monthly reminder about the Denver Trail Runners (DTR) and how it works.

      DTR is a group for people who run trails in the Denver area. DTR is free. It's all volunteer. We try to make it as self-service as possible. Please read this message to find out how to make it work for you.

      In this message:
      + Runs
      + Messages - Yahoo and Facebook
      + Maps, Directions and other resources
      + Questions, comments, suggestions

      ++++++++++
      Runs
      There are several runs throughout the week. If you don't find one you like, start one, and promote it through DTR.

      The main group run is on Thursday evenings. This has been going on since 2000. It's year round. Everyone is welcome.

      Typical turnout is anywhere from just a handful of hearty (foolish) soles during a blizzard in the winter, to 40 or more during the summer months. There's a wide variety of ages and abilities at the runs.

      The main group, usually starting at 6:15pm, has the widest range of runners, from mid-30s 10k runners, to 60+ 10k runners, and those who hike most of the uphills; from early 20s to 70s. The early group is primarily mid-pack runners. Anyone is welcome at either group. The nature of these groups changes over time.

      Information about all runs will be sent out via Yahoo.

      Other runs and events happen periodically, when someone decides to organize one. Anyone is welcome to call for a run. All you have to do is to send a message to the group with the time, place, length (either time or mileage), approximate pace(s), and brief description of the trail (if it's not one on our web site). With over 2,000 on the Yahoo list, chances are that you'll find takers.

      ++++++++++
      Messages
      There are two ways to communicate with the group, Yahoo and Facebook.

      Yahoo: Primarily for announcing runs and events.

      Any DTR Yahoo member can send a message to the group. However, all messages are screened before they are posted to the group. We may not check for pending messages every day, so last minute announcements may not go out in time.

      To send a message to the group, go to the DTR page on Yahoo and click on the Post link (you must be logged onto Yahoo). You can also send a message to DenverTrailRunners@yahoogroups.com (from the e-mail address you used to sign up for the group on Yahoo).

      We try to limit the volume (don't we all receive too much e-mail already?) and scope of messages to the group. Please keep your message topic related to trail running. This can include:

      *Announcing a group run, either a recurring weekly run, or a one-time run. If you want to start a run on another day/time/location:
      -Indicate a specific date/time/location. -Send a message stating your desire for another run to see if others are interested in joining you.
      -Please include your contact info. Then, when/if you have enough interest, you can announce the run here.
      *Carpooling to a run/race
      *Announcing a race - trail or mountain running, or snowshoeing only. Please limit the number of messages about your race.
      *Announcing an event related to trail running (e.g., talk/clinic, outdoor film festival).
      *Looking for relay team members.

      If your message includes a link with a long URL, please shorten it by using http://tinyurl.com or similar.

      We do not post messages about:
      Selling a product or service.
      Looking for roommates.
      Announcing a road race (there are plenty of other sites for that).
      Discussions. Please refer to the Facebook info below.
      Announcing yourself to the group. Please introduce yourself when you show up to a run.

      Facebook: Discussions and questions (e.g., questions about specific races, training/injury advice, policies that affect trail usage) take place on our Facebook page. Visit us there at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Denver-Trail-Runners/124728809715

      ++++++++++
      DTR Resources
      DTR is designed to be as self-service as possible. With over 2,000 people on this list, we don't have time to respond to every question. There is lots of information on our web site, including maps of our regular running routes, directions to the trails, and a FAQ page. Most of the standard questions we get can be answered there. http://denvertrailrunners.org

      Or, send a message to:
      Subscribe: DenverTrailRunners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Links to this info, maps, etc., are at the bottom of every DTR message.

      ++++++++++
      Questions, Comments, Suggestions
      If you still have questions, feel free to contact us at DenverTrailRunners-owner@yahoogroups.com

      We welcome any comments or suggestions. We also welcome any offers to help.

      Train smart. See you on the trails.

      DenverTrailRunners
      http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/DenverTrailRunners/
      http://www.denvertrailrunners.org