Thu run 8/2

  • DenverTrailRunners (No Reply)
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2012
      This week's run is on the Beaver Brook trail, from Lookout Mtn Park, at the top of Lookout Mtn Rd.

      Directions: Take I70 to the Cabrini Shrine exit, #256. Go W on US 40, the frontage road. Take the first right on Paradise Dr, left on Charros Rd, then right to Lookout Mtn Park. Meet in the dirt lot, along Lookout Mtn Rd. From Golden, take Lookout Mtn Rd 5mi up from hwy 6. The dirt lot is on the right, just around the corner from the large antennas. http://dtr.runuphillracing.com/maps/DTR-BeaverBrook.html
      Maps to all DTR locations are at http://dtr.runuphillracing.com/

      Run notes: Take the trail out the W end of the dirt lot. In 0.2mi, stay right at the fork. In another 0.6mi, go left onto the Beaver Brook trail. This is the key junction. Remeber it for the way back! Go out and back on the BB trail. There are a couple of boulder fields to cross early on. After that it's a very nice, rolling trail, somewhat down on the way out. It's slower coming back, so take that in account in determining when to turn around. More details and a map at
      http://dtr.runuphillracing.com/maps/DTR-BeaverBrook.html

      DTR runs are not races. We ask the faster runners to start slowly, to keep the group together for the first few minutes. After that, we spread out and naturally form smaller sub-groups and run different routes. Typically there are 3-4 different routes at each run, designed so that runners of different abilities can start and finish at about the same time. Please review the maps and routes, and pick the appropriate route for you. Don't necessarily follow the people in front of you. More information on selecting an appropriate route is at http://dtr.runuphillracing.com/DTR-RouteLevels.html

      We ask experienced runners to wait at key intersections to help guide newer runners.

      Bring warm and dry clothing for after the run. Even in the summer, it cools off quickly in the canyons once the sun goes down.

      Everyone is invited to join us for dinner after the run. We will pick a nearby restaurant.

      Carpool: If you are interested in sharing a ride to/from any of the DTR runs, please post a message on our Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Denver-Trail-Runners/124728809715

      Weather, cam and traffic links:
      Hwy speed maps and traffic cams - http://cotrip.org/
      Jeffco weather and cam - http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/weather.htm
      Natl Weather Svc forecast in Genesee - http://tinyurl.com/6lq7nj

      Moon phase: http://www.almanac.com/moon/calendar/CO/Denver/
      Moon rise/set: http://www.almanac.com/moon/rise/CO/Denver/
      Sunrise/set - http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=75

      DenverTrailRunners
      http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/DenverTrailRunners/
      http://www.denvertrailrunners.org
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Denver-Trail-Runners/124728809715

      This e-mail address is not monitored regularly. Please use DenverTrailRunners-owner@yahoogroups.com

    • denvertrailrunners
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2012
        Oh yeah. Early group starts at 5:30, the main group at 6:15.