Denver Trail Runners is Ending

  • denvertrailrunners
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2010
      Denver Trail Runners (DTR) is sorry to announce that is going out of business, effective immediately. Due to the downturn in the economy, DTR is no longer able to meet its financial obligations, and sees no prospect for a turn around any time soon.

      A distraught Adam Feerst, DTR founder, said, "We made it through the first decade, but just couldn't make it into the second one. I am very disappointed. I was hoping DTR would provide for Hannah's college fund, but now I will have to get a real job."

      The claim that DTRs demise was due to the economy seem dubious. Other trail running groups in the area seem to be doing just fine. Buzz Burrell, leader of the Boulder Trail Runners, said that the Boulder group has never been stronger. "I guess we're just different here in Boulder. Why can't the rest of the world be more like us." Matt Carpenter, leader of the Incline Club, said that his club was thriving too. However, he added that he's not surprised by this news from DTR, and questioned Adam's management skills. "After all," he said, "anyone who would support a lottery registration system must have a few shoe screws loose."

      DTR Treasurer David Rothenberger said that he was shocked by the news. "There was plenty of money in our account just last week, but now it's gone."

      No mention of this was placed on the DTR web site, www.denvertrailrunners.org. Webmaster Chris Voeller couldn't be reached for comment, but was seen riding away on a brand new Trek bicycle.

      DTR co-leader Joe Paniccia said that he hadn't been aware of any problems, but he'd been busy lately and hadn't been to a run in a while. However, he did indicate that Adam had been acting strangely lately. "Who in their right mind would run the Red Rocks stairs 50 times. That's as crazy as racing in a triathlon without any swim training."

      Dr. Moreau refused to comment about reports that Mr. Feerst was taking anti-depressants, citing HIPAA.

      DTR technology guru Jeff O'Reilly said, "I'm fed up with the whole running scene. First my foot. Then this. I'm done with running." He hasn't been seen for a few days, but rumors are that he's living in a cave in the Mosquito range, but still updating his Facebook page. Although, others have reported seeing someone looking like him running laps around Wash Park, before sunrise, barefoot, mumbling on and on about "Windows 7.".

      Early group leader Scott McFarlane said that he was going to start his own group and continue running on Thursday evenings. "This split has been coming for a while. We never really got along with that later group. They always thought they were too good for us."

      Please check back soon for more updates on this situation.

      Your running fool on the hill.
    • denvertrailrunners
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2010
        For those who didn't get it, check the date, and the signature at the bottom.