File - About DTR

  • DenverTrailRunners@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 1, 2009
      This is a monthly reminder about how DTR works.

      DTR is a free group of people who run trails in the Denver area.

      The main feature is our Thursday evening run. Everyone is welcome. Typical turnout is anywhere from just a handful of hearty (foolish) soles during a blizzard in the winter, to 40 or more during the summer months. There's a wide variety of ages and abilities at the runs. The main group, usually starting at 6:15pm, has the widest range of runners, from mid-30s 10k runners, to 60+ 10k runners, and those who hike most of the uphills; from early 20s to 70s. The early group is primarily mid-pack runners. Anyone is welcome at either group. The nature of these groups changes over time.

      Other regular runs include a Wed eve run, Sat morning run in Evergreen, and Sun morning run in Golden.

      Information about all runs will be sent out via Yahoo.

      Other runs and events happen periodically, when someone decides to organize one. Anyone is welcome to call for a run. All you have to do is to send a message to the group with the time, place, length (either time or mileage), approximate pace(s), and brief description of the trail (if it's not one on our web site). With over 1,800 on the DTR list, chances are good that you'll find takers.

      To send a message to the group, go to the DTR page on Yahoo and click on the Post link (you must be logged onto Yahoo). You can also send a message to DenverTrailRunners@yahoogroups.com from the e-mail address you used to sign up for the group on Yahoo. Only DTR Yahoo Groups members may send messages. We try to limit the volume (don't we all receive too much e-mail already?) and scope of messages to the group. Please keep your message topic related to trail running. This can include:
      * Announcing a group run on another day/time
      * Carpooling to a run/race
      * Announcing a race - trail or mountain running, or snowshoeing only.
      * Announcing an event related to trail running (e.g., talk/clinic, outdoor film festival).
      * Seeking advice about trail running, training, injury/rehab, etc.
      * Looking for a training partner.
      * Looking for relay team members.

      We do not accept messages about selling a product or service, looking for roommates, announcing a road race (there are plenty of other sites for that), etc.

      All messages are screened before they are sent to the group. The screening may not happen every day, so if your messages is time critical, please send it a couple of days in advance.

      If your message includes a link with a long URL, please shorten it by using http://tinyurl.com/

      DTR is designed to be as self-service as possible. This includes joining, leaving, or changing your e-mail subscription. Just about anything you might want to know about the group can be found at either:
      http://dtr.runuphillracing.com/ including a FAQ page, or

      If you still have questions, feel free to contact us at DenverTrailRunners-owner@yahoogroups.com

      Train smart.

      See you on the trails.
    • runuphillracing
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 11, 2009

        To send a message to the group, please address it to the group and send it to DenverTrailRunners@yahoogroups.com, not to me, not to DenverTrailRunners-owner@yahoogroups.com, and not to DenverTrailRunners@....

        If you have any questions or comments about the group, send them to DenverTrailRunners-owner@yahoogroups.com, not to me, and not to DenverTrailRunners@yahoogroups.com (the posting address). Questions sent to DenverTrailRunners-owner@yahoogroups.com are automatically forwarded to all of the eight moderators. We share the workload. I do not have the time and do not attempt to answer questions from 1,800+ members (personally, with all of the effort put into the info on the web site - maps, FAQs, etc., I refuse to refuse to respond to questions that are answered there, although the other moderators are not as rigid as me).

        Please re-read the message below and the info on the DTR web site.

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 1, 2011
          This is a monthly reminder about the Denver Trail Runners (DTR) and how it works.

          DTR is a group for people who run trails in the Denver area. DTR is free. It�s all volunteer. We try to make it as self-service as possible. Please read this message to find out how to make it work for you.

          In this message:
          + Runs Messages - Yahoo and Facebook
          + Maps, Directions and other resources
          + Questions, comments, suggestions

          ++++++++++
          Runs
          There are several runs throughout the week. If you don�t find one you like, start one, and promote it through DTR.

          The main group run is on Thursday evenings. This has been going on since 2000. It�s year round. Everyone is welcome.

          Typical turnout is anywhere from just a handful of hearty (foolish) soles during a blizzard in the winter, to 40 or more during the summer months. There's a wide variety of ages and abilities at the runs.

          The main group, usually starting at 6:15pm, has the widest range of runners, from mid-30s 10k runners, to 60+ 10k runners, and those who hike most of the uphills; from early 20s to 70s. The early group is primarily mid-pack runners. Anyone is welcome at either group. The nature of these groups changes over time.

          Information about all runs will be sent out via Yahoo.

          Other runs and events happen periodically, when someone decides to organize one. Anyone is welcome to call for a run. All you have to do is to send a message to the group with the time, place, length (either time or mileage), approximate pace(s), and brief description of the trail (if it's not one on our web site). With over 2,000 on the Yahoo list, chances are that you'll find takers.

          ++++++++++
          Messages
          There are two ways to communicate with the group ��" Yahoo and Facebook.

          Yahoo: Primarily for announcing runs and events.

          Any DTR Yahoo member can send a message to the group. However, all messages are screened before they are posted to the group. We may not check for pending messages every day, so last minute announcements may not go out in time.

          To send a message to the group, go to the DTR page on Yahoo and click on the Post link (you must be logged onto Yahoo). You can also send a message to DenverTrailRunners@yahoogroups.com (from the e-mail address you used to sign up for the group on Yaho).

          We try to limit the volume (don't we all receive too much e-mail already?) and scope of messages to the group. Please keep your message topic related to trail running. This can include:

          �Announcing a group run, either a recurring weekly run, or a one-time run. If you want to start a run on another day/time/location:
          -Indicate a specific date/time/location. -Send a message stating your desire for another run to see if others are interested in joining you.
          -Please include your contact info. Then, when/if you have enough interest, you can announce the run here.
          �Carpooling to a run/race
          �Announcing a race - trail or mountain running, or snowshoeing only. Please limit the number of messages about your race.
          �Announcing an event related to trail running (e.g., talk/clinic, outdoor film festival).
          �Looking for relay team members.

          If your message includes a link with a long URL, please shorten it by using http://tinyurl.com or similar.

          We do not post messages about:
          Selling a product or service.
          Looking for roommates.
          Announcing a road race (there are plenty of other sites for that).
          Discussions. Please refer to the Facebook info below.
          Announcing yourself to the group. Please introduce yourself when you show up to a run.

          Facebook: Discussions and questions ��" e.g., questions about specific races, training/injury advice, policies that affect trail usage ��" take place on our Facebook page. Visit us there at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Denver-Trail-Runners/124728809715

          ++++++++++
          DTR Resources
          DTR is designed to be as self-service as possible. With over 2,000 people on this list, we don't have time to respond to every question. There is lots of information on our web site, including maps of our regular running routes, directions to the trails, and a FAQ page. Most of the standard questions we get can be answered there. http://denvertrailrunners.org

          Or, send a message to:
          Subscribe: DenverTrailRunners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          Links to this info, maps, etc., are at the bottom of every DTR message.

          ++++++++++
          Questions, Comments, Suggestions
          If you still have questions, feel free to contact us at DenverTrailRunners-owner@yahoogroups.com

          We welcome any comments or suggestions. We also welcome any offers to help.

          Train smart. See you on the trails.

          DenverTrailRunners
          http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/DenverTrailRunners/
          http://www.denvertrailrunners.org