Thursday Trail Run, 9/4/2008, 5:30 pm

  • DenverTrailRunners@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2008
      Reminder from: DenverTrailRunners Yahoo! Group
      Title: Thursday Trail Run
      Date: Thursday September 4, 2008
      Time: 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
      Location: Wyoming Circle and Pine View Rd, Golden, CO
      Notes: This week's run is at N Table Mtn. The early group meets at 5:30pm; the main group starts at 6:15pm.

      Please refer to the driving directions and route descriptions/maps on the DTR web site.
      Start location - http://tinyurl.com/3r8ofy

      Run Notes: We'll split up shortly after the start. Don't necessarily follow the people ahead of you.

      Short: Take a left, up a steep trail, just past the water tank. This is the route indicated on the map. Later on, at REGRP2, you can go right instead. This keeps you atop the mesa. Continue to the E end of the mesa, the turn around and return to the start.

      Intermediate: Continue past the above left, another ~200m, to the next trail junction. Take a sharp left, on a flat trail, back to the N.

      Long: Continue S past this 2nd junction, another ~250m. Take a left, up a steep trail. After reaching the top, take a left on the wide path to rejoin the main path.

      Those going around the N side, before the MIDWAY point, there's a right turn you need to take. Regroup at that junction. Regroup again after getting back to the top of the mesa.

      DTR runs are not races. Once we're into the run, we spread out and naturally form smaller sub-groups. Please stop and regroup by subgroup at key intersections. We ask experienced DTRs to please help lead/guide those newer to the trail.

      Remember to bring warm and dry clothing for after the run.

      Carpool: There's a regular carpool group for those of you who live/work near downtown. Meet at the corner of 9th and Elati, by Denver West High School, at 5:25 each Thursday. We will alternate who drives. The link below has a map.

      Weather, cam and traffic links:
      Hwy speed maps and traffic cams - http://cotrip.org/
      Weather in Golden - http://tinyurl.com/5dkvvw