- more (and better) globalization, not less.
- democratic global institutions, where gradually all world citizens be directly
=> "directly" means no interferences from nations, not
the old "international"institutions
where bargaining between states,
not democracy, was the key.
Nation-states, corporate oligopolies, militant NGOs,
sects and mafias should not go on
confiscating the global power for their parochial interests.
It is a long term goal. But we can start by shaping proposals for a limited number of
global institutions in charge of a few crucial fields of
common interest. They might federate
later into a full-fledged democratic world government.
- World Politics
- Dec 18, 2002
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.