Tell Bushit : Stop the Surge

  • Nicky B
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2007
      I urge you to join Wes Clark's effort to stop President Bush's
      plan for a troop surge in Iraq. Instead, we need a completely
      new strategy.

      What the surge would do is put more American troops in harm's
      way, further undercut the morale of U.S. forces and risk further
      alienating elements of the Iraqi populace. American casualties
      would probably rise, at least temporarily, as more troops appear
      on the streets -- as happened in the summer when a brigade from
      Alaska was extended and sent into Baghdad. And even if the
      increased troop presence initially frustrated the militias, it
      wouldn't be long before they found ways to work around the
      neighborhood searches and other obstacles -- if they chose to
      continue the conflict.

      The truth is that the underlying problems in Iraq are political,
      not military.

      That is why I urge you to join me in signing Wes Clark's
      petition urging President Bush to stop the surge!

      http://ga4.org/campaign/stopthesurge?rk=Jp_fBis1OyacW