Fwd: 17th Century Event / Colonial Plantation

  • Bruce Snyder
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2011

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Bruce and Gloria <bruglo60@...>
      To: mandmmalecki <mandmmalecki@...>
      Cc: tancred101 <tancred101@...>; tim_47 <tim_47@...>; Bill Cooper <bcooper@...>; DONNA Moore <mdmoore4@...>; hut804 <hut804@...>; John Machate <jmachate@...>
      Sent: Sun, Sep 11, 2011 5:45 pm
      Subject: 17th Century Event / Colonial Plantation

      Mike

      Thank you for your interest in attending the 17th Century event at the Colonial Pennsylvania Plantation in Ridley Creek State Park on the 12th and 13th of November, 2011.  I understand that your participants will represent primarily eastern European military (Polish and possibly western European mercenary interpretation)  A field piece would be nice.  Musicians, just as nice (no Hillbilly music).  Bring tents if you plan to sleep over.  We have water and flush toilets on site (no showers)  The Plantation will provide straw and fire wood.
      In the future, if there is a consensus among the participants, we may want to focus on a particular period and / or event (30 Yrs. War, Eng. Civil War, Pa./ Md. Border War, whatever) but for now we'd like to see what the interest is and generally just have a good time doing our best interpretation for the public and ourselves.  Camp followers are definitely welcome.  Civilian interpretation and crafters / vendors are welcome.  Just be as authentic to your specific interpretation as possible.
      If possible we should have some kind of a tactical.  It may be an odd mix but the public likes the action and we do too.

      We are looking forward to a big turnout and a great time.  We will have to see what time any school groups are finished and off-site on Friday the 11th.  Let me know if you plan to come in to set up on Friday evening.

      Questions?  E-mail or call me 610-358-1697      Please bring your "up-to-date" certificates of insurance.  If you are unafilliated join the Colonial Living History Alliance and you'll be golden.   bcooper@...  Bill cooper is the contact.

      Thank you,
      Bruce Snyder

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 14, 2011