17 c. event at CPP

  • BuffaloBruceDude@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 13, 2011
      Folks

      Maury Hutelmeyer, events chairman at the Colonial Pennsylvania Plantation in Ridley Creek State Park, Delaware County Pa. has asked me about the possibility of trying to have a 17th Century event this year.  He suggested August (which is definitely a possibility) but I said that particularly with 17th Century reenactors the clothing is wool and August is a real problem in that regard.  He has suggested November as a possibility.  The weekends that are available are the 5th and 6th or the 12th and 13th.  Would there be any interest in prusuing any of these dates?  Also, I saw a new blog regarding an interest in Rhode Island to create a King Phillip's War reenactment group.  I believe I spotted that on John Machate's Late 17th Century site.  Do you think that an event in Pennsylvania might attract some New Englanders to participate?

      Let us know your thoughts.

      Bruce Snyder

    • John Macek
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 13, 2011
        Hi Bruce,

        I'd love to help, but I'm on an extended sabbatical from reenacting.

        Best of luck!
        John

[...]

        Bored stiff? Loosen up...
      • Mark Hanna
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 13, 2011
          I am interested Bruce. I think one of those weekends is the WWI weekend. I bet we could move the fall lockhouse to the plantation. I would try and get ahold of the rangers to figure out a good weekend.

          Mark Hanna

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 14, 2011
            Thank you Mark.  We'll see what John Machate has to say.  I didn't look at the Lock House web site until after I sent out this note.  I thought I had heard last year that "Pirates at the Lock House" was not going to happen again, but I see that they have it on their schedule.

            We'll see what happens.

            Thanks for your response.

            Bruce Snyder

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 22, 2011
              John

              Thank you very much.  I think that was what we were all waiting to hear.

              Bruce

              The Baltimore Rangers could support an event held Nov. 12th and 13th.  This could include many of the Colonial Living History Alliance.

              John Machate

[...]

              No virus found in this message.

              No virus found in this message.
            • Maury Hutelmyer
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 24, 2011
                Bill, John and Bruce
                Thanks for the interest in having a 17th century event at the Plantation. Should I put it down for the 12th and 13th of November as the date?  If not the first weekend of the month is good too. Thanks.
                Maury

                Yes, we talked about this over the weekend and november should work for us.

                Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 17:33:55 -0500 (EST)
                To: <commander@...>
                Cc: <hut804@...>, <Delval17thcentury@yahoogroups.com>, William Cooper <bcoope28190@...>

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 24, 2011
                  Yes please, the 12th and 13th.

                  John

                  --- In Delval17thcentury@yahoogroups.com, Maury Hutelmyer <hut804@...> wrote:

                  > Bill, John and Bruce
                  > Thanks for the interest in having a 17th century event at the Plantation. Should I put it down for the 12th and 13th of November as the date? If not the first weekend of the month is good too. Thanks.
                  > Maury

                • Maury Hutelmyer
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 24, 2011
                    Done