Something else to do while we wait.

  • Thomas Pulk
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15 7:58 PM
      So what are other people doing while they wait for the next chapter? I have noticed that I have a hard time finding fandom authors that I like now. Instead I've been reading other books instead here are some of the ones from the last year if people are intersted.

      1. The Twenty Palaces Series by Harry Connolly
      Twenty Palaces (prequel)
      Child of Fire (20P #1)
      Game of Cages (20 p #2)
      Circle of Enemies (20 P #3) Final book series has been canceled

      I really liked these books they are darker urban fantasies featuring an anti-hero. These books are great if you read fast because the author doesn't just feed you any answers you have to read the books and come to your own conclusions about a lot of the back-story on your own. It makes the books very easy to get caught up in. The prequel is only an e-book but it was written by the author to help address problems that people were complaining that the story started in the middle I highly recommend it if you prefer a traditional series structure.

      2. Confessions of a D-list Supervillian by Jim Bernheimer

      This is the author Jbern from the Lie I've Lived and Bungle in the Jungle stories (http://jbern.fanficauthors.net). He made the jump to real books and this is a great fun weekend read for anyone that's enjoyed superhero movies or comic books. He has other books out as well but this is his biggest seller and I would hope people might support fanfic authors.

      3. Marla Mason series by Tim Pratt

      Bone Shop (prequel) free online @ www.marlamason.net
      Blood Engines (MM #1)
      Poison Sleep (MM #2)
      Dead Reign (MM #3)
      Spell Games (MM #4)
      Broken Mirrors (MM #5)free online @ www.marlamason.net
      Grim Tides (MM #6) free online (1/2 finished chapter release every week) www.marlamason.net

      Another dark urban fantasy I would at least read the prequel since its free. The series started with a publisher but Mr. Pratt has continued it after being dropped on his own and with kickstarter campaigns. You can also see other books from the author some for free at his other website www.timpratt.org.

      If people want a list of other books see my online library @ http://www.librarything.com/catalog/gallandro_83

      I hope other people have some new things for me to check out I especially like older scifi/fantasy that I wouldn't see in stores because most publishers successfully hides the older titles and they are hard to come across I've found.
    • Thomas Pulk
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 19 8:53 AM
        Another series that I love is the Secret History Arc by Simon R Green

        This is a urban fantasy/ James Bond mesh that is quite good. If you've never read anything by Simon Green his entire collection is a bit intertwined so characters and references from his other stories and series tie into each other. The stories are enjoyable and fun but as a first time reader you'll miss some of the references and inside jokes. Either way this is a great series that I highly recommend because dammit I want Drood armor its badass.

        gallandro