Re: [DelendaEst] Re: Delenda Est Sequel?

  • Lord Silvere
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 12, 2013
      Well, most of the action would actually take place in the canon-like dimension. That's where the battle will be fought, I'm thinking. Probably would involve Bellatrix or her deputies having Fudge ousted, and perhaps even taking over the government temporarily.

      LS

      On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 6:49 PM, blagyz <blagyz@...> wrote:

      Personally, I don`t really want to see another Harry (espesially that young)in the DE universe, I`d rather see H/B from DE in an alternative universe or back in time - how about you send them back to Grindelwalt time or fonder`s or even merlin`s. Anyway, cheers!

      --- In DelendaEst@yahoogroups.com, "lord_silvere" <lordsilvere@...> wrote:

      > As I've been writing the final portions of Delenda Est and thinking about my tentative plans to write the Harry/Helena fic that I've spent some time plotting, I've found myself thinking more and more about the sorts of adventures that would happen if the inhabitants of another HP dimension found themselves interacting in a world where Bellatrix Black is the Minister of Magic, Hermione is the Headmistress of Hogwarts, and where all sorts of time travel and dimension travel is possible.
      >
      > Do any of you have any thoughts or suggestions?
      >
      > It seems like it would be best to have the Harry of this other dimension star as the main character. He would probably interact with H/B's children, his own friends, etc. Also, the adults from both worlds would be involved. I'm also thinking maybe an H/G pairing to run parallel to the H/B pairing of the DE world.
      >
      > Any comments?
      >
      > For those wondering about the next chapter, progress is slow. It's about 2,500 words. Part of the problem is that I never daydreamed about the final fight between Harry and Voldemort. Another part is that I get depressed at the thought of ending it. My goal is to complete DE in time for its 4th anniversary.
      >
      > LS

    • Marc Jackson
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 13, 2013
        To be completely  honest, any attempt at a sequel should attempt to further Bella's understanding of the hair-pin. As you alluded to in the note sent to the department of mysteries she did not give up her studies into time travel. I would think an accident during one of her experiments could send her to the cannon timeline alone. During this time she  meets the crazed version of herself and decides to help Harry become the person she remembers. As much fun as Harry Black is as a character, I would love to see an expansion of the Bellatrix you have created.

      • brianstf .
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 13, 2013
          Would you maybe do a prequel of the lost war or perhaps have the two jump back to the start of Harry's lost war?  It would allow you to introduce the the H/B and deal with the cannon reaction while still providing grounds for action and adventure.  Could also be interesting having Bellatrix in a duel with her other self or have her explore why she betrayed the dark lord at the start of your alt universe.
        • Lord Silvere
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 16, 2013
            Hrm.

            If I were to turn it into a trilogy, there is room to explore that. But, it just does not seem exciting to me.

            LS

            On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 4:47 PM, brianstf . <brianstf@...> wrote:

            Would you maybe do a prequel of the lost war or perhaps have the two jump back to the start of Harry's lost war?  It would allow you to introduce the the H/B and deal with the cannon reaction while still providing grounds for action and adventure.  Could also be interesting having Bellatrix in a duel with her other self or have her explore why she betrayed the dark lord at the start of your alt universe.

          • wotsfreek