Re: [DelendaEst] Re: review ch 42

  • Lord Silvere
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2013
      Hrm.  Bellatrix's motivation. I think she has always wanted Harry to tell her more about the alternate future, but he has not. Harry's reluctance stems from him not really wanting to dwell on that past, natural modesty in that he doesn't want to talk about himself, and then of course, sensitivity to the fact that Bellatrix might not like what she sees. I think Bella is driven by curiosity, mainly.

      Is she trying to control Harry? No. But, Bella does have a need to be in control of her life. She wants a strong foundation. Part of that is becoming aware of any secrets Harry might know about her. As you will see in the upcoming chapter, Bella's reaction is more about taking steps to strengthen her position and less about pitying herself.

      LS

      On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 12:07 AM, Thomas Pulk <gallandro_83@...> wrote:

      Thx for the reply I didn't mean to seem too critical of the chapter I thought it was an interesting spin on how to let Harry revel himself and yet leave it open to having not intentionally done so at the same time.

      My comment was more to do with Bella's characterization I'm wondering if her need to view those memories stems more from a need for control of Harry, need for knowledge, can't pass on the mystery, or a mix of all of the above. I was hoping that since she snagged the vial so quickly we would have gotten a little glimpse of her psyche but to me it seemed that we saw her take action and even Bella herself didn't quite know why it happened.

      I'm sorry your other reviewers are being so critical [considering the small hiatus]. I did recently read an article that this is done because it makes the reviewer felt as if they are in a dialogue with the author. I would think if people really wanted to talk about the story that much that more people would be active on the boards.

      gallandro