review Ch 39 The Leaders' leader

  • Thomas Pulk
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2013
      Well I think this will be the last chapter we see during the holiday break and I hope that the next year will allow time for our author to continue the story. That said I am under no delusion that it comes after all the other parts of LS's life.

      We haven't had a filler chapter in a bit and I don't have to many comments on what came about this time around. I do wonder just what effects Cassie Black's death will have on both Sirus and Leo. In some ways I can't blame Sirus if he takes it out on Harry and Bella, but the codicil to that is Sirus is alive and sane with a family because of Harry's actions. As a young man he became closer to his father and he knew the action the Order was taking was risky its why he prevented Leo from coming.

      I did like Hermione's little moment in the spotlight. There have been times in my life I've felt like that. I wonder if she will feel inclined to team up and join Bella in her plans for Skeeter. I will say that having Harry work with Amelia is obviously justified since they were trying to promote her interests, but I have to wonder just what kind of relationship they will cultivate.

      I hope the oath Harry gave the minister about not meaning him any harm will hold up to Bella's machinations. I don't foresee a problem but it was an interesting moment where I had to stop myself from imagining worst case scenarios.

      Did Harry not go to see Ollivander this trip or did it just not get covered?

      Percy seems grateful to Harry for his role and you've told us about the rift from his decision to support Minister Prewitt. I wonder is Harry aware of this split in the Weasley/Prewitt family or not? The reason I ask is that I think Harry would actually come on the side that the Minister was fighting a war and made a hard decision. Its been implied that Harry has seen friends die and I imagine that he would see Molly's decision that capitulation to the dark lord was less important that Gideon and Fabian to be wrong.

      We know Harry plans to go talk to Dumbledoor and that he wants Mr. Black to talk to the Order. In addition to these two meetings seeing as Lily also requested a meeting will Harry meet with the top Order group?

      I also want to reiterate that I think its time we see Snape and Narcissa again. Snapes position almost requires that he at least meet the man who may well decide if he dies trying to deceive the dark lord. Mrs. Malfoy as well must feel that between her oath and role as exposed Death Eater makes her a canidate for the new Auror squads attention.

      Since we know Moody destroyed his Horocrux can we assume that Harry and Bella will be getting rid of their collection as well? Bella did say she thought she had done all she could with them. I'm a little surprised we haven't heard more about the mysterious Horocrux when Harry was talking with Bella. In my mind that would have been the next question after what happened not what did you do today.

      The end of the chapter made it clear that despite everything you haven't had either Black make declarations of Love to the other one. I'm interested in whether Bella could even recognize if she truly has this emotion. In addition Harry's past probably makes him uncomfortable with saying as much to anyone. I think he does love his wife but is he waiting for her to say she loves him first or just unable to say it?

      You asked for some input at the beginning of the chapter and while I've mentioned some of them in posts of this group I figured I would once again make my case.

      Obviously the amount of information Harry relates to the Order largely depend on just who he is talking to. I think that he needs to tell everyone very little just who he is and emphasize that he is only looking to defeat Voldemort not becoming the kind of Leader Dumbledoor is. I wonder if he will start out by saying that he and Bella have been switching off with Polyjuice? This would emphasize that they are team and its not likely that Harry will dispute anything his wife has to say. I just think that the regular Order members have to wonder who is in charge now that Prof. Ashworth is back on the scene, I would rather see this cleared up quickly.

      I think that there is a smaller group of people from the Order who will get a broader range of information from Harry. I think this includes but is not limited to the following characters: Lily, James, ?Remus?, Sirus, Albus, Leo, Moody, Sidra, Rose, Ron, & Hermione as the main characters. The Longbottoms and the rest of the Weasley family might be told if the back-story of Harry Potter is being discussed but otherwise they don't need to really be included. (Remus is in question marks since he hasn't really been included in the story)

      I think between Lily and Albus that they will push Harry hard enough that he will admit to the time travel. At first probably only about him skipping forward in time after he fought Voldemort, but if this is revealed then the question of how Harry originally came to be in the time stands out enough that someone should link the two events.

      I think the fact that Harry is Harry Potter will come out. I imagine this will come about when Albus or others try to find out why Harry became Head of House Black. I don't see him lying to Sirus by telling him that Orion appointed him. I think that then combined with the time travel information that they will conclude he is from the future (as the goblins did by pointing out that the Lordship never went dormant until Harry disappeared the second time.) This then leads to the question of if Harry is Sirus's son at which point I think the whole history of the BWL and the full explanation comes out.

      I will say that I want Snape to be in the know for some of this whether he is present for the high level Order meeting or if he talks to Harry himself (maybe he sent a letter).

      gallandro
    • Lord Silvere
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2013
        Bold. LS

        On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 9:46 PM, Thomas Pulk <gallandro_83@...> wrote:

        Well I think this will be the last chapter we see during the holiday break and I hope that the next year will allow time for our author to continue the story. That said I am under no delusion that it comes after all the other parts of LS's life.

        We'll see what happens. What happens this week will probably have a major effect on my schedule through April.

        We haven't had a filler chapter in a bit and I don't have to many comments on what came about this time around. I do wonder just what effects Cassie Black's death will have on both Sirus and Leo. In some ways I can't blame Sirus if he takes it out on Harry and Bella, but the codicil to that is Sirus is alive and sane with a family because of Harry's actions. As a young man he became closer to his father and he knew the action the Order was taking was risky its why he prevented Leo from coming.

        Sirius isn't going to be best buds with Harry and Bella . . . . but it isn't going to erupt into some sort of distraction.

        I did like Hermione's little moment in the spotlight. There have been times in my life I've felt like that. I wonder if she will feel inclined to team up and join Bella in her plans for Skeeter. I will say that having Harry work with Amelia is obviously justified since they were trying to promote her interests, but I have to wonder just what kind of relationship they will cultivate.

        You'll see that Bellatrix's solution to bad press is more press.

        I hope the oath Harry gave the minister about not meaning him any harm will hold up to Bella's machinations. I don't foresee a problem but it was an interesting moment where I had to stop myself from imagining worst case scenarios.

        Bella isn't going to kill anybody that doesn't deserve it. :)

        Did Harry not go to see Ollivander this trip or did it just not get covered?

        Hrm. I don't think it will merit a scene. Harry can use the wand free and clear.

        Percy seems grateful to Harry for his role and you've told us about the rift from his decision to support Minister Prewitt. I wonder is Harry aware of this split in the Weasley/Prewitt family or not? The reason I ask is that I think Harry would actually come on the side that the Minister was fighting a war and made a hard decision. Its been implied that Harry has seen friends die and I imagine that he would see Molly's decision that capitulation to the dark lord was less important that Gideon and Fabian to be wrong.

        That would be an interesting situation if Harry had to get involved and decide whether Prewitt acted appropriately. Of course, Harry is usually lucky enough that he could have had it both ways if he had been in that situation.

        We know Harry plans to go talk to Dumbledoor and that he wants Mr. Black to talk to the Order. In addition to these two meetings seeing as Lily also requested a meeting will Harry meet with the top Order group?

        That will happen next chapter. It will end up being a bit more informal that either side would plan.

        I also want to reiterate that I think its time we see Snape and Narcissa again. Snapes position almost requires that he at least meet the man who may well decide if he dies trying to deceive the dark lord. Mrs. Malfoy as well must feel that between her oath and role as exposed Death Eater makes her a canidate for the new Auror squads attention.

        Blast. I keep forgetting to show what those two are up to. Hrm.  Narcissa has been meeting regularly with Draco. I'll see what I can do for them in the next chapter.

        Since we know Moody destroyed his Horocrux can we assume that Harry and Bella will be getting rid of their collection as well? Bella did say she thought she had done all she could with them. I'm a little surprised we haven't heard more about the mysterious Horocrux when Harry was talking with Bella. In my mind that would have been the next question after what happened not what did you do today.

        Bellatrix's focus has changed. She isn't playing horcrux anymore. As far as she's concerned, it's all Harry's problem unless he asks for something else specific. Once Harry gets a chance to stew over the problem, you'll hear about what he saw and what it might mean.

        The end of the chapter made it clear that despite everything you haven't had either Black make declarations of Love to the other one. I'm interested in whether Bella could even recognize if she truly has this emotion. In addition Harry's past probably makes him uncomfortable with saying as much to anyone. I think he does love his wife but is he waiting for her to say she loves him first or just unable to say it?

        There's a couple of speed bumps that will force those two to talk about things or come to realizations.

        You asked for some input at the beginning of the chapter and while I've mentioned some of them in posts of this group I figured I would once again make my case.

        Obviously the amount of information Harry relates to the Order largely depend on just who he is talking to. I think that he needs to tell everyone very little just who he is and emphasize that he is only looking to defeat Voldemort not becoming the kind of Leader Dumbledoor is. I wonder if he will start out by saying that he and Bella have been switching off with Polyjuice? This would emphasize that they are team and its not likely that Harry will dispute anything his wife has to say. I just think that the regular Order members have to wonder who is in charge now that Prof. Ashworth is back on the scene, I would rather see this cleared up quickly.

        Order members, I think, are not likely to suddenly want to look to Harry as the leader. He'll definitely admit to the Polyjuice, though.

[...]

        Harry will admit the time travel to the future upfront. Before he can admit to traveling to the past, Lily/Dumbledore will deduce that he came from the future originally.

        I think the fact that Harry is Harry Potter will come out. I imagine this will come about when Albus or others try to find out why Harry became Head of House Black. I don't see him lying to Sirus by telling him that Orion appointed him. I think that then combined with the time travel information that they will conclude he is from the future (as the goblins did by pointing out that the Lordship never went dormant until Harry disappeared the second time.) This then leads to the question of if Harry is Sirus's son at which point I think the whole history of the BWL and the full explanation comes out.

        I think Harry can dodge having to explain in detail how he inherited. :)