Love the chicken, review of ch 35

  • Thomas Pulk
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2012
      Just finished the new chapter and have to admit your answer of why the chicken crossed the road was unique. I can't help but imagine that Padfoot had himself an interesting snack and is probably wanting to recreate the effects for Moony at some time.

      I was surprised that Bella seems to have forgiven Harry so readily but considering that its her emotions and anger that makes no sense for me I will just chalk it up to your characterization. Some of these problems come because you had been splitting the viewpoints between Bella and Harry and we really only got Harry's angle in this bit. I do however see that there is tension still remaining and look forward to the eventual blow-up and reconciliation.

      I do find the hunt interesting and wonder just how much the addition of Ron Sindra and Hermione will change things.

      I don't have many observations or questions this time around since it seemed that the chapter just moved us along without really bringing in or completing any of the older plot points or questions. I appreciate all the work you've done on the story recently and look forward to maybe one more good sized chapter before the end of summer. Either way I hope you keep writing since you seem to be finding your voice, and hope to see you in print soon.

      galladnro
    • Lord Silvere
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8, 2012
        Summer and fan fiction mix and produce curious results. It seems like a lot of the readers go on vacation (physically or mentally), and although I am able to crank out a lot more words on the story, I am covering plot less efficiently. The case in point for a readers' mental vacation is this very chapter. I don't think anybody noticed that the Marauder's Map changed hands during the course of the chapter. Maybe I should have been less subtle.

        I move back to school the weekend after this coming weekend and start the semester shortly thereafter. I hope to get another chapter up before then, but I am kind of feeling burned out at the moment. I tried to save an exciting scene to occupy a lot of the next chapter, but I'm still not interested in starting. As for writing while school is in, the good news is that I am not taking any nasty writing classes this semester, unlike the past two semesters. (Thus, when I get home at night, I won't be quite so sick of writing as I was last year.) The bad news is that I am going to be doing a lot of editing in addition to normal schoolwork. So, I don't have any predictions for how fast posts will come.

        I wouldn't say that Bellatrix has totally forgiven Harry. Her beef with Harry could return quicker than lightning if Harry's misfortune led her mood that way. Fortunately for Harry, though, he has figured out where the sore spot is and is laboring to avoid it. I think he will generally be successful, though I can think of one major exception quite a ways down the plot road. (I'm not sure quite a ways is a good way to say it--if you think about it, there's only 3 horcruxes left to discover. So that part of the plot is zooming to an end. Another subplot that I only recently launched is going to come to an end quite quickly, taking another more long term subplot with it. The end is nearly in sight, I think. Happily, I can say there's plenty of good stuff yet to come, though.)

        I'd have to say that Harry and Bella working with the children is a limited time engagement. The other horcruxes will not be so simple, except perhaps for the horcrux in the Room of Requirement.

        LS