Where does Delenda Est go from here?

  • lord_silvere
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 12, 2011
      There will be a couple of spoilers in here, so if you don't want them, don't read.

      ********
      ********
      ********
      ********

      Harry and Bellatrix's next stop is about 20 years into the future. Fortunately for Harry, the wound won't kill him, though it will make him ill for quite a bit.

      The hair ornament is not a precision instrument and it is largely controlled by "fate" which seeks to maintain a balance between Harry and Voldemort. (Thus, Harry and Voldemort switched wands, some folks were born on different dates, etc.)

      The prophecy I tacked to the end of the last chapter is the prophecy that is given in place of the original, at nearly the same time, though perhaps a year or so later.

      Contrary to what some have suggested, Dumbledore won't be able to readily interpret it because Harry and Bellatrix to him are now presumed missing and very probably dead. (Not to the bank, however. I think I covered that one in the story.)

      So, when Harry arrives in the future, he will encounter a little bit of an Alternate-Boy-Who-Lived-Who-Isn't-Actually-the-Boy-Who-Lived situation.

      So what's the point of the Yahoo group?

      I'm not sure that posting scenes from between H/B's disappearance and reappearance would go well in the Delenda Est story proper. On the other hand, I think it's interesting to know what has happened in their absence.

      Thus, I'm looking at the possibility of posting these in between scenes here at this group. What scenes might I do?

      1) Dumbledore and Moody wondering where H/B are.
      2) Aftermath of the new prophecy.
      3) The Diary is let loose on Hogwarts even though the basilisk is dead.
      4) The Order has tension over trying to figure out to whom the prophecy applies.

      ETC.

      I don't know how you guys feel about that, but that is tentatively the plan for me while I work on firming up the future in my mind and finalizing the plot.

      I'm also open to discussion about other things.

      All the best,

      LS
    • Quinten De Moyer
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 12, 2011
        If I read this correctly, what you are planning to do, starting next chapter, is having Bella and Harry reappear in the timeline 20 years from the point they dissapeared, which is an alternate future than the one Harry used to live in. Altered because of the changes Harry induced when he went back. However, the readers will be with Harry and Bella, noticing the changes as they have already happened, exploring this new world and learning what has past by what they are told by those they meet. You do not want to spend even one chapter on going over events as they happened, so that the reader knows this new world before Harry does.

        Personally, I agree with that route. It makes for a more exciting reading experience as we get to learn a new world that is ever so slightly off with what we know. The Black Family when they meet will already have spent 20 years without access to their vaults instead of the slow realisation that their accumulated wealth and power is in someone else's hands. We as readers can still be surprised by the changes instead of just waiting for them to be pulled on Harry, all the while knowing what they don't. It leaves us more into the story instead of the all-knowing third-person that should be the Author only.

        If you plan on using this board to bounce ideas or post what you plot to have happened in those altered 20 years, maybe even writing snippets and short ficlets about other characters, then feel free to do so. (personally I'm curious about the rumors in the school that Bellatrix and professor Ashwort eloped, and Lilly trying to dispute them all defending her beloved professor, before a more serious James tries to man up, now having a "rival" to try and measure up to. He could very well become a greater person throughout his quest to prove himself to Lilly and win her love. An important point though, they should NOT have a child born on the 31st of July. No second Harry Potter. They might have a son called Harry (with red hair or straight black and brown eyes) named after their mysterious professor, thoguh ideally to prevent any such confusion I'd suggest a daughter as first child) I'm looking forward to what you come up with next. And plenty of ideas may come from your fans.

        I expect that quite a few people will also use this board to do Fic Searches and reccomendations, simmilarly to CaerAzkaban. Possibly not just limited to Harry Potter but Naruto and similarly popular ficdoms. Mainly focussed on HP though.

        To: DelendaEst@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 12, 2011
          Personally I hope that people will avoid using this board for fic recs and keep it related to Delenda Est. I personally don't want to see this board descend into the randomness that CaerAzkaban has become. On the issue of Harry and Bellatrix moving 20 years into the future, I am not sure how I feel about that. I think on the one hand it will certainly keep the story interesting, but on the other hand it would have been more interesting to keep them in the past. Still I am looking forward to seeing what happens to them in the future.

          Was a bit surprised at Bellatrix knowing about the Horcruxes though, given how obscure that magic is in cannon. I felt that it was a bit of a too fast logical leap. In any case I agree with the purpose of this group as it could provide snippets into the period in between, though I hope those snippets won't overshadow the main story.

          I think that being 20 years in the future will provide Harry and Bellatrix the impetuous to bond further, since at that point they truly will have no one else to rely upon except each other. Even more so than at present.

          --- In DelendaEst@yahoogroups.com, Quinten De Moyer <quintendm@...> wrote:

> [...]
          >
          > So what's the point of the Yahoo group?
          >
          > I'm not sure that posting scenes from between H/B's disappearance and reappearance would go well in the Delenda Est story proper. On the other hand, I think it's interesting to know what has happened in their absence.
          >
          > Thus, I'm looking at the possibility of posting these in between scenes here at this group. What scenes might I do?
          >
          > 1) Dumbledore and Moody wondering where H/B are.
          > 2) Aftermath of the new prophecy.
          > 3) The Diary is let loose on Hogwarts even though the basilisk is dead.
          > 4) The Order has tension over trying to figure out to whom the prophecy applies.
          >
          > ETC.
          >
          > I don't know how you guys feel about that, but that is tentatively the plan for me while I work on firming up the future in my mind and finalizing the plot.
          >
          > I'm also open to discussion about other things.

        • Quinten De Moyer
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 12, 2011
            But if all that is done is provide extra snippets that you don't want to put into the main story, you could have just as easily started a second story on fanfiction.net called "side-stories", or "Delenda Est; the Lost Years". This group includes fans of Delenda Est and who the author could use to bounce ideas off, testing the waters to see if an idea would work or not. When in doubt, of course.

            Or when uninspired, seeing if anyone else has a clue. Just the readers debating between each others and speculating might give rise to good ideas. Better than simply polling or listening to reviews, as the many people brainstorm together and streamline the ideas themselves, taking the thoughts of several others and combining them into new ideas. A rarely tapped resource, I suppose.

            To: DelendaEst@yahoogroups.com
            From: magyareagle@...
            Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 19:18:42 +0000
            Subject: [DelendaEst] Re: Where does Delenda Est go from here?

> [...]

            > So what's the point of the Yahoo group?
            >
            > I'm not sure that posting scenes from between H/B's disappearance and reappearance would go well in the Delenda Est story proper. On the other hand, I think it's interesting to know what has happened in their absence.
            >
            > Thus, I'm looking at the possibility of posting these in between scenes here at this group. What scenes might I do?
            >
            > 1) Dumbledore and Moody wondering where H/B are.
            > 2) Aftermath of the new prophecy.
            > 3) The Diary is let loose on Hogwarts even though the basilisk is dead.
            > 4) The Order has tension over trying to figure out to whom the prophecy applies.
            >
            > ETC.
            >
            > I don't know how you guys feel about that, but that is tentatively the plan for me while I work on firming up the future in my mind and finalizing the plot.
            >
            > I'm also open to discussion about other things.

          • hotkillerz
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 12, 2011
              Well whats got me wondering is this, There now 20 years in the future, whats bella and going to think of it? and whats harry going to think of seeing a copy of him self running around.

              --- In DelendaEst@yahoogroups.com, "lord_silvere" <lordsilvere@...> wrote:

              > There will be a couple of spoilers in here, so if you don't want them, don't read.
              >
              > ********
              > ********
              > ********
              > ********
              >
              > Harry and Bellatrix's next stop is about 20 years into the future. Fortunately for Harry, the wound won't kill him, though it will make him ill for quite a bit.
              >
              > The hair ornament is not a precision instrument and it is largely controlled by "fate" which seeks to maintain a balance between Harry and Voldemort. (Thus, Harry and Voldemort switched wands, some folks were born on different dates, etc.)
              >
              > The prophecy I tacked to the end of the last chapter is the prophecy that is given in place of the original, at nearly the same time, though perhaps a year or so later.
              >
              > Contrary to what some have suggested, Dumbledore won't be able to readily interpret it because Harry and Bellatrix to him are now presumed missing and very probably dead. (Not to the bank, however. I think I covered that one in the story.)
              >
              > So, when Harry arrives in the future, he will encounter a little bit of an Alternate-Boy-Who-Lived-Who-Isn't-Actually-the-Boy-Who-Lived situation.
              >
              > So what's the point of the Yahoo group?
              >
              > I'm not sure that posting scenes from between H/B's disappearance and reappearance would go well in the Delenda Est story proper. On the other hand, I think it's interesting to know what has happened in their absence.
              >
              > Thus, I'm looking at the possibility of posting these in between scenes here at this group. What scenes might I do?
              >
              > 1) Dumbledore and Moody wondering where H/B are.
              > 2) Aftermath of the new prophecy.
              > 3) The Diary is let loose on Hogwarts even though the basilisk is dead.
              > 4) The Order has tension over trying to figure out to whom the prophecy applies.
              >
              > ETC.
              >
              > I don't know how you guys feel about that, but that is tentatively the plan for me while I work on firming up the future in my mind and finalizing the plot.
              >
              > I'm also open to discussion about other things.
              >
              > All the best,
              >
              > LS

            • lord_silvere
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 12, 2011
                Quinten: Yes--the next official chapter of Delenda will feature Harry and Bellatrix as they arrive approximately 20 years into the future. They will have a learning curve as they cope with a future that not even Harry is familiar with. I don't know that I'll keep the reader completely out of the loop, though. My style has been to include POVs from different characters. But I'm also nervous about that. Some of the characters that merit POVs are new. It sounds like you might also support me posting little ficlets or scenes during the intervening 20 or so years. I would love to bounce ideas off folks for firming up the details of the intervening years.

                magyareagle: In my mind I had justified Bellatrix making the horcrux leap on the assumption that she had spent a certain amount of time studying and poring over the books she had collected recently. As for the time leap, yes, it will be a little bit of a shift, but it has been planned from the very start. I haven't just randomly decided on this because I got sick of the past or something.

                hotkillerz: There won't be copies of H/B running around. I don't think I could deal with that.

                So, overall, I'm seeing some folks expressing quite a bit of dissatisfaction with the time jump, though it doesn't appear to be the majority. I'm not going to turn back, but are there any thoughts out there on how to soften the blow, as it were?

                With regards to the writing process, I've got two major tasks. I need to firm up the events of the 20 or so years in my mind and I need to firm up the plot of part 2 in my mind. I don't see myself being amazingly open on the details of part 2, but I would love to bounce ideas back and forth about the 20 years.

                For instance, as someone mentioned, an interesting issue is how Lily is going to view the apparent elopement, and then disappearance of H/B. Any other thoughts like that? Or shall I start spilling my guts? Or would you prefer to see it in the form of ficlets?

                If anyone wants to chat one on one via IM, (Y! is listed, obvious) or Gmail-- lordsilvere@..., I'd welcome it.

                Also, if you just like talking about any plot in general . . . I have Harry/Fleur plot and a Harry/Narcissa plot up my sleeve.

                LS
              • hotkillerz
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 13, 2011
                  the harry Fleur plot is it going to be tied to this story or is it going to be a different story all together? Yea heres a thought what is the blacks idea of being poor like the weasleys? because harry being the lord black taking off for 20 years ms. black is probably fought tooth and nail to get headship.

                  --- In DelendaEst@yahoogroups.com, "lord_silvere" <lordsilvere@...> wrote:

                  > Quinten: Yes--the next official chapter of Delenda will feature Harry and Bellatrix as they arrive approximately 20 years into the future. They will have a learning curve as they cope with a future that not even Harry is familiar with. I don't know that I'll keep the reader completely out of the loop, though. My style has been to include POVs from different characters. But I'm also nervous about that. Some of the characters that merit POVs are new. It sounds like you might also support me posting little ficlets or scenes during the intervening 20 or so years. I would love to bounce ideas off folks for firming up the details of the intervening years.
                  >
                  > magyareagle: In my mind I had justified Bellatrix making the horcrux leap on the assumption that she had spent a certain amount of time studying and poring over the books she had collected recently. As for the time leap, yes, it will be a little bit of a shift, but it has been planned from the very start. I haven't just randomly decided on this because I got sick of the past or something.
                  >
                  > hotkillerz: There won't be copies of H/B running around. I don't think I could deal with that.
                  >

                  > So, overall, I'm seeing some folks expressing quite a bit of dissatisfaction with the time jump, though it doesn't appear to be the majority. I'm not going to turn back, but are there any thoughts out there on how to soften the blow, as it were?
                  >
                  > With regards to the writing process, I've got two major tasks. I need to firm up the events of the 20 or so years in my mind and I need to firm up the plot of part 2 in my mind. I don't see myself being amazingly open on the details of part 2, but I would love to bounce ideas back and forth about the 20 years.
                  >
                  > For instance, as someone mentioned, an interesting issue is how Lily is going to view the apparent elopement, and then disappearance of H/B. Any other thoughts like that? Or shall I start spilling my guts? Or would you prefer to see it in the form of ficlets?
                  >
                  > If anyone wants to chat one on one via IM, (Y! is listed, obvious) or Gmail-- lordsilvere@..., I'd welcome it.
                  >
                  > Also, if you just like talking about any plot in general . . . I have Harry/Fleur plot and a Harry/Narcissa plot up my sleeve.
                  >
                  > LS

                • cookie_doug
                  Message 8 of 19 , Aug 13, 2011
                    Interesting Way in going with the story, I admit I was Quite Surprised when reading it, that it was going to turn out this way, I can't say that im displeased however, it is a very Exciting plot twist, Im not Entirely sure how this will turn out, but you Seem to have a great way of Making things come together,As For them Turning up 20years in the Future, That Would Make The Black Estate
                    worth Alot more value due to interest rates , Due to inetrest and such, as the Bank Realises They are not In fact Dead, I Would Suggest Perhaps adding into the New Part that while harry is healing and Bellatrix is looking after him, While they Try to find out exactly whats going on in the current time, Perhaps its time harry has his "Moment of Weakness" As it were and Decides he feels that him and
                    Bellatrix are in this together and that he does infact Marry her. As it has been Clear in the Other Section Her Seductions of him, haven't been totally waved away and im sure had she kept that up he would of Fell to it sooner or later anyway. There House should Still be intact as it was Protected By Bloodwards and no one knew about it, so it should still Exist 20years in The Future so atleast they'd have a place to Live and do there Research on the current time there in and look up more about horcruxes, Also perhaps it'd be Best if belaltrix Stopped Carrying that Hair Ornament Around - Lol, Anwyay Best of Luck with the Story and i'll be looking forward to Seeing how the Next part Turns out

                    ~ Doug
                  • crystalalx
                    Message 9 of 19 , Aug 15, 2011
                      QUITE AGREED WITH DOUG BELLA SHOULD STOP CARRYING THAT HAIR ORNAMENT AROUND.
                      THAT SAID I'M VERY PARTIAL TO H/F OR H/N BOTH PAIRING AND READ THEM EVERY TIME I FIND 1.
                      I DO AGREED AGAIN THAT THE FORCED COHABITATION MIGHT LEAD TO HARRY MOMENT OF WEAKNESS AND FINNISH UP THAT STAND OFF.
                      SO EITHER WAY YOU TAKE THE STORY I AM SURE TO ENJOY THE RIDE.
                      --- In DelendaEst@yahoogroups.com, "cookie_doug" <cookie_doug@...> wrote:

                      > Interesting Way in going with the story, I admit I was Quite Surprised when reading it, that it was going to turn out this way, I can't say that im displeased however, it is a very Exciting plot twist, Im not Entirely sure how this will turn out, but you Seem to have a great way of Making things come together,As For them Turning up 20years in the Future, That Would Make The Black Estate
                      > worth Alot more value due to interest rates , Due to inetrest and such, as the Bank Realises They are not In fact Dead, I Would Suggest Perhaps adding into the New Part that while harry is healing and Bellatrix is looking after him, While they Try to find out exactly whats going on in the current time, Perhaps its time harry has his "Moment of Weakness" As it were and Decides he feels that him and
                      > Bellatrix are in this together and that he does infact Marry her. As it has been Clear in the Other Section Her Seductions of him, haven't been totally waved away and im sure had she kept that up he would of Fell to it sooner or later anyway. There House should Still be intact as it was Protected By Bloodwards and no one knew about it, so it should still Exist 20years in The Future so atleast they'd have a place to Live and do there Research on the current time there in and look up more about horcruxes, Also perhaps it'd be Best if belaltrix Stopped Carrying that Hair Ornament Around - Lol, Anwyay Best of Luck with the Story and i'll be looking forward to Seeing how the Next part Turns out
                      >
                      > ~ Doug

                    • Lazarus
                      Message 10 of 19 , Aug 22, 2011
                        Excellent ideas and I like the new direction this story is taking. I also thoroughly enjoy seeing Dumbledore draw the incorrect conclusions. I - for one - eagerly await new chapters.

                        --- In DelendaEst@yahoogroups.com, "lord_silvere" <lordsilvere@...> wrote:

                        > There will be a couple of spoilers in here, so if you don't want them, don't read.
                        >
                        > ********
                        > ********
                        > ********
                        > ********
                        >
                        > Harry and Bellatrix's next stop is about 20 years into the future. Fortunately for Harry, the wound won't kill him, though it will make him ill for quite a bit.
                        >
                        > The hair ornament is not a precision instrument and it is largely controlled by "fate" which seeks to maintain a balance between Harry and Voldemort. (Thus, Harry and Voldemort switched wands, some folks were born on different dates, etc.)
                        >
                        > The prophecy I tacked to the end of the last chapter is the prophecy that is given in place of the original, at nearly the same time, though perhaps a year or so later.
                        >
                        > Contrary to what some have suggested, Dumbledore won't be able to readily interpret it because Harry and Bellatrix to him are now presumed missing and very probably dead. (Not to the bank, however. I think I covered that one in the story.)
                        >
                        > So, when Harry arrives in the future, he will encounter a little bit of an Alternate-Boy-Who-Lived-Who-Isn't-Actually-the-Boy-Who-Lived situation.
                        >
                        > So what's the point of the Yahoo group?
                        >
                        > I'm not sure that posting scenes from between H/B's disappearance and reappearance would go well in the Delenda Est story proper. On the other hand, I think it's interesting to know what has happened in their absence.
                        >
                        > Thus, I'm looking at the possibility of posting these in between scenes here at this group. What scenes might I do?
                        >
                        > 1) Dumbledore and Moody wondering where H/B are.
                        > 2) Aftermath of the new prophecy.
                        > 3) The Diary is let loose on Hogwarts even though the basilisk is dead.
                        > 4) The Order has tension over trying to figure out to whom the prophecy applies.
                        >
                        > ETC.
                        >
                        > I don't know how you guys feel about that, but that is tentatively the plan for me while I work on firming up the future in my mind and finalizing the plot.
                        >
                        > I'm also open to discussion about other things.
                        >
                        > All the best,
                        >
                        > LS

                      • crystalalx
                        Message 11 of 19 , Aug 22, 2011
                          yeah its like reading 1 of those wrong boy who live story
                          but i would be interested to know who hear the prophetie and how did Regulus die
                          --- In DelendaEst@yahoogroups.com, "Lazarus" <mid2k6@...> wrote:

                          > Excellent ideas and I like the new direction this story is taking. I also thoroughly enjoy seeing Dumbledore draw the incorrect conclusions. I - for one - eagerly await new chapters.
                          >
                          > --- In DelendaEst@yahoogroups.com, "lord_silvere" <lordsilvere@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > There will be a couple of spoilers in here, so if you don't want them, don't read.
                          > >
                          > > ********
                          > > ********
                          > > ********
                          > > ********
                          > >
                          > > Harry and Bellatrix's next stop is about 20 years into the future. Fortunately for Harry, the wound won't kill him, though it will make him ill for quite a bit.
                          > >
                          > > The hair ornament is not a precision instrument and it is largely controlled by "fate" which seeks to maintain a balance between Harry and Voldemort. (Thus, Harry and Voldemort switched wands, some folks were born on different dates, etc.)
                          > >
                          > > The prophecy I tacked to the end of the last chapter is the prophecy that is given in place of the original, at nearly the same time, though perhaps a year or so later.
                          > >
                          > > Contrary to what some have suggested, Dumbledore won't be able to readily interpret it because Harry and Bellatrix to him are now presumed missing and very probably dead. (Not to the bank, however. I think I covered that one in the story.)
                          > >
                          > > So, when Harry arrives in the future, he will encounter a little bit of an Alternate-Boy-Who-Lived-Who-Isn't-Actually-the-Boy-Who-Lived situation.
                          > >
                          > > So what's the point of the Yahoo group?
                          > >
                          > > I'm not sure that posting scenes from between H/B's disappearance and reappearance would go well in the Delenda Est story proper. On the other hand, I think it's interesting to know what has happened in their absence.
                          > >
                          > > Thus, I'm looking at the possibility of posting these in between scenes here at this group. What scenes might I do?
                          > >
                          > > 1) Dumbledore and Moody wondering where H/B are.
                          > > 2) Aftermath of the new prophecy.
                          > > 3) The Diary is let loose on Hogwarts even though the basilisk is dead.
                          > > 4) The Order has tension over trying to figure out to whom the prophecy applies.
                          > >
                          > > ETC.
                          > >
                          > > I don't know how you guys feel about that, but that is tentatively the plan for me while I work on firming up the future in my mind and finalizing the plot.
                          > >
                          > > I'm also open to discussion about other things.
                          > >
                          > > All the best,
                          > >
                          > > LS

                        • cookie_doug
                          Message 12 of 19 , Aug 23, 2011
                            I think it was Hinted at in the story that Rodolphus Lestrange killed Regulus as he was always around the Blacks House (12 Grimmauld Place)
                          • Andras
                            Message 13 of 19 , Sep 3, 2011
                              I admit, I am not really fan of the second timetravel. Partly because although you killed of most of the interesting characters I liked your Marauder era. Partly because the repetitive timetravels are usually a little bit deus ex machina tools. Nevertheless it could work, it shows that your first chapter in the part 2 is great, but imho there are several points you needs to adress either writing scenes or incorporating the answers for them into the story.

                              1. What happened Voldemort? Is he temporarily bodyless? If yes, has he accidentaly created a new Horcrux as in case of Harry? If there is a new boy(girl)-who-lived, what is his(her) role in the fic?
                              2. What has changed about the Black and Malfoy Houses (we got partial answer from the second excerpt)?
                              3. How much does Dumbledore know about the Horcruxes? Has he found out them (likely) the information Harry gave Moody?
                              4. What is the situation with Snape, Minister Prewit and Weasleys (are they rich or remained poor), Pettigrew etc.
                              5. How much effect did the new prophecy caused?

                              It would be good also get some information about Harry's old friends (Hermione, Ron etc.). Were they born at all? If yes, how much has they changed without his presence? Nevertheless I would not give them important role, just like for Lily and the Marauders in the first part.

                              So in general you need to create a new, different future. Think about all the effect that Harry's first timetravel and absence caused!

                              Good luck for it, I am sure that your story will remain great.

                              --- In DelendaEst@yahoogroups.com, "lord_silvere" <lordsilvere@...> wrote:

                              > Thus, I'm looking at the possibility of posting these in between scenes here at this group. What scenes might I do?
                              >
                              > 1) Dumbledore and Moody wondering where H/B are.
                              > 2) Aftermath of the new prophecy.
                              > 3) The Diary is let loose on Hogwarts even though the basilisk is dead.
                              > 4) The Order has tension over trying to figure out to whom the prophecy applies.
                              >
                              > ETC.

                            • Quinten De Moyer
                              Message 14 of 19 , Sep 3, 2011
                                I believe most of these questions will be answered in the course of the following chapters. And indeed, I am most curious as well as to what has happened, but I want to discover it together with Harry. Of course, the next course of action Harry and Bella will take is to find out as much as they can about this new time; what has happened since they vanished twenty years ago? Who lives, who has died, who is in power and how did they get there? What is the status of the war, and what about Voldemort? All that will probably be found out in next chapter, or the one after that. Of course, it would be fragmented, puwwled together from different sources. Some might be speculations; after all, not all the actions of the Death Eaters are known to the general public. Only the results, and sometimes not even that. And the countermoves Dumbledore and his men made are obscure as well. THe fact that Harry knows they exist might help with guessing where they might have aided for the results to be as they are, but nothing concrete.

                                I'm getting exited! The sheer possibilities of twenty years of action, and a flawed narative! What Harry and Bella find out might not all be true, and we as readers must guess and speculate with them. I hope the author makes use of this and doesn't simply want to get all this over with and simply leave everything clear. But seeing how things turned out so far, I have little doubt that it will be presented beautifully.

                                To: DelendaEst@yahoogroups.com
                                From: skarphedinn13@...
                                Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 20:57:36 +0000

                                I admit, I am not really fan of the second timetravel. Partly because although you killed of most of the interesting characters I liked your Marauder era. Partly because the repetitive timetravels are usually a little bit deus ex machina tools. Nevertheless it could work, it shows that your first chapter in the part 2 is great, but imho there are several points you needs to adress either writing scenes or incorporating the answers for them into the story.

                                1. What happened Voldemort? Is he temporarily bodyless? If yes, has he accidentaly created a new Horcrux as in case of Harry? If there is a new boy(girl)-who-lived, what is his(her) role in the fic?
                                2. What has changed about the Black and Malfoy Houses (we got partial answer from the second excerpt)?
                                3. How much does Dumbledore know about the Horcruxes? Has he found out them (likely) the information Harry gave Moody?
                                4. What is the situation with Snape, Minister Prewit and Weasleys (are they rich or remained poor), Pettigrew etc.
                                5. How much effect did the new prophecy caused?

                                It would be good also get some information about Harry's old friends (Hermione, Ron etc.). Were they born at all? If yes, how much has they changed without his presence? Nevertheless I would not give them important role, just like for Lily and the Marauders in the first part.

                                So in general you need to create a new, different future. Think about all the effect that Harry's first timetravel and absence caused!

                                Good luck for it, I am sure that your story will remain great.

                                --- In DelendaEst@yahoogroups.com, "lord_silvere" <lordsilvere@...> wrote:

                                > Thus, I'm looking at the possibility of posting these in between scenes here at this group. What scenes might I do?
                                >
                                > 1) Dumbledore and Moody wondering where H/B are.
                                > 2) Aftermath of the new prophecy.
                                > 3) The Diary is let loose on Hogwarts even though the basilisk is dead.
                                > 4) The Order has tension over trying to figure out to whom the prophecy applies.
                                >
                                > ETC.

                              • cookie_doug
                                Message 15 of 19 , Sep 5, 2011
                                  I read the new chapter and have to admitt im very excited about the way the story is going, Rose Potter seems to have to interesting skill. and the fact that they are aware of someone comming to Grimmauld Place but really have no idea who is a Nice idea, it will keep those On there Toes. I think With Harry Still being sick it might be a good idea for His Feelings Towards Bella to grow somewhat while she cares for him (She is his Wife Afterall). Also Perhaps in One of the Chapters to come Something to do With The Ring That "Professor Ashworth" Gave Lily Just before he left the school would be an intesting idea although i think that should wait for a few chapters.

                                  Perhaps a Tour of Gringotts would also be an interesting idea - Bella Going to Store the Hair Ornament And exploring how the Black Estate has held up over the 20 years, They should be very well off.
                                • lord_silvere
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Sep 5, 2011
                                    Sounds like my thoughts and your thoughts have crossed paths occasionally. :)

                                    If you or anyone else has time and isn't averse short-term spoilers, I would love to bounce some of the plot details off of you.

                                    My Y! IM is of course available through here and my Gmail chat is lordsilvere@....

                                    All the best,

                                    LS

                                    --- In DelendaEst@yahoogroups.com, "cookie_doug" <cookie_doug@...> wrote:

                                    > I read the new chapter and have to admitt im very excited about the way the story is going, Rose Potter seems to have to interesting skill. and the fact that they are aware of someone comming to Grimmauld Place but really have no idea who is a Nice idea, it will keep those On there Toes. I think With Harry Still being sick it might be a good idea for His Feelings Towards Bella to grow somewhat while she cares for him (She is his Wife Afterall). Also Perhaps in One of the Chapters to come Something to do With The Ring That "Professor Ashworth" Gave Lily Just before he left the school would be an intesting idea although i think that should wait for a few chapters.
                                    >
                                    > Perhaps a Tour of Gringotts would also be an interesting idea - Bella Going to Store the Hair Ornament And exploring how the Black Estate has held up over the 20 years, They should be very well off.

                                  • blackadrianne21
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Sep 7, 2011
                                      I like the new chapter a lot, but I hope you didn't bring the Tom Riddle Diary to Hogwarts. If Voldy is not dead, he wouldn't allow Lucius to let his soul run around like that since in the original Lucius only thought it was an important object which would cause chaos.

                                      But I think you already seem to have brought it or something else, since the kids were talking about the Chamber(?).

                                      The last thing I want to know is, was Sirius and his family hiding all this time from Voldemort or did Voldemort target them at all?

                                      Cheers for the good chappy!
                                    • cookie_doug
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Sep 7, 2011
                                        As We currently don't know what Happened or is Happening with Voldermort its hard to say wether their hiding, i doubt they would be though as they Are Members of the Order and with how easy they turned up at Grimmauld Place it would suggest there not hiding anywhere. Especially Seeings how The Potter Family Went to Sort out The Dursleys, which means they still have contact so there obviously not hiding, so i would assume that the Black's Arn't hiding either.

                                        (Also Personally in the next few chapters i stronly believe that perhaps Harry and Bella should become more intimate and perhaps Love (Although they might not understand that yet) It will Make them stronger and make there will to succeed greater)

                                        --- In DelendaEst@yahoogroups.com, "blackadrianne21" <blackadrianne21@...> wrote:

                                        > I like the new chapter a lot, but I hope you didn't bring the Tom Riddle Diary to Hogwarts. If Voldy is not dead, he wouldn't allow Lucius to let his soul run around like that since in the original Lucius only thought it was an important object which would cause chaos.
                                        >
                                        > But I think you already seem to have brought it or something else, since the kids were talking about the Chamber(?).
                                        >
                                        > The last thing I want to know is, was Sirius and his family hiding all this time from Voldemort or did Voldemort target them at all?
                                        >
                                        > Cheers for the good chappy!

                                      • blackadrianne21
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Sep 7, 2011
                                          While your random capitalizing is annoying, what you said can't be taken into account completely.

                                          James and Lily in the book were also in the Order and yet they were hiding, and since in this case the Potters are not even part of the prophecy they have no reason to hide in the first place.

                                          In the case of Voldy I agree with you that we don't know everything. We only saw Dumbledore's explanation, maybe Voldy came to a completely different one, since he already believes that Harry was the Lord Black (even if he believes him to be dead).

                                          And finally I agree that this time skip plus the situation is perfect to settle down and build the relationship in a romantic sense for Harry & Bella.