Work on NGC 6888

  • DaveH
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2010
      Awfully quiet here...
      Just some half finished work on the Crescent nebula.It needs more...or maybe even longer subs in OIII to get the blue as so well seen here;
      http://zuserver2.star.ucl.ac.uk/~idh/apod/ap080813.html

      Its a bit large for my FOV...
      Because of low(ish) QE of my ST2000 I am BINNING the signal...
      So each pixel is a "super pixel" of 4.
      This is not so much as a work around of camera noise (because SNR is decent here) but as a way to ger X$ signal.
      Of course I am also getting sky noise X4 also...but it is low to start with in this case.
      Pixinsight does an excellent job (DBE) of handling this noise.
      Moon was roughly 50 for most of this work...which did not help...
      Only OIII and SII signal exists in any amount.
      A combination of sqrt(Ha+OIII) was use as a "synthetic" SII

      12 twenty minute exposures in each channel at -19C
      VC200L @ f/6.4
      Processed in Pixinsight...including upsampling X2
      Original image is 800X600 pixels.
      Sander;flexure was roughly 1 pixel per 20 minute frame...

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveh56/4747748701/sizes/l/in/photostream/

      Happy Canada day to my DSS colleagues "up here"...

      Dave
    • Roman
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2010
        Hi Dave,
        You touch my heart,thank you and wish you happy Canada Day too.
        I am lonely over here in canadian bush.
        Your image nice and thank you for sharing,only stars not tight?
        I like to share my last image of M3
        http://astro-sky.blogspot
        We had good sky in spring time.I hope I'll setup my scope again soon.
        That was good test for my home made astrograph, corrected, MPCC Coma corrector.
        Newtonian 10"inch F-5 with Robert F. Royce conical mirror.
        Canon Digital SLR Xsi camera modified by Hap Griffin.
        One hour total,15 RAW images plus only 3 Darks stacked in DSS.
        TIFF in Photoshop 7 simple curves,levels,unsharp mask,saturation and colour balanse apply.
        I moved last year from Toronto for dark sky to Penetang-Midland Ontario area.
        I wish all the best.
        Cheers.
        Roman

        --- In DeepSkyStacker@yahoogroups.com, "DaveH" <davehalliday51@...> wrote:

        > Awfully quiet here...
        > Just some half finished work on the Crescent nebula.It needs more...or maybe even longer subs in OIII to get the blue as so well seen here;
        > http://zuserver2.star.ucl.ac.uk/~idh/apod/ap080813.html
        >
        > Its a bit large for my FOV...
        > Because of low(ish) QE of my ST2000 I am BINNING the signal...
        > So each pixel is a "super pixel" of 4.
        > This is not so much as a work around of camera noise (because SNR is decent here) but as a way to ger X$ signal.
        > Of course I am also getting sky noise X4 also...but it is low to start with in this case.
        > Pixinsight does an excellent job (DBE) of handling this noise.
        > Moon was roughly 50 for most of this work...which did not help...
        > Only OIII and SII signal exists in any amount.
        > A combination of sqrt(Ha+OIII) was use as a "synthetic" SII
        >
        > 12 twenty minute exposures in each channel at -19C
        > VC200L @ f/6.4
        > Processed in Pixinsight...including upsampling X2
        > Original image is 800X600 pixels.
        > Sander;flexure was roughly 1 pixel per 20 minute frame...
        >
        > http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveh56/4747748701/sizes/l/in/photostream/
        >
        > Happy Canada day to my DSS colleagues "up here"...
        >
        > Dave

      • Roman
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2010
          I am sorry and new link:
          http://astro-sky.blogspot/
          Roman

          --- In DeepSkyStacker@yahoogroups.com, "Roman" <roman.kulesza@...> wrote:

          > Hi Dave,
          > You touch my heart,thank you and wish you happy Canada Day too.
          > I am lonely over here in canadian bush.
          > Your image nice and thank you for sharing,only stars not tight?
          > I like to share my last image of M3
          > http://astro-sky.blogspot
          > We had good sky in spring time.I hope I'll setup my scope again soon.
          > That was good test for my home made astrograph, corrected, MPCC Coma corrector.
          > Newtonian 10"inch F-5 with Robert F. Royce conical mirror.
          > Canon Digital SLR Xsi camera modified by Hap Griffin.
          > One hour total,15 RAW images plus only 3 Darks stacked in DSS.
          > TIFF in Photoshop 7 simple curves,levels,unsharp mask,saturation and colour balanse apply.
          > I moved last year from Toronto for dark sky to Penetang-Midland Ontario area.
          > I wish all the best.
          > Cheers.
          > Roman
          >
          > --- In DeepSkyStacker@yahoogroups.com, "DaveH" <davehalliday51@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Awfully quiet here...
          > > Just some half finished work on the Crescent nebula.It needs more...or maybe even longer subs in OIII to get the blue as so well seen here;
          > > http://zuserver2.star.ucl.ac.uk/~idh/apod/ap080813.html
          > >
          > > Its a bit large for my FOV...
          > > Because of low(ish) QE of my ST2000 I am BINNING the signal...
          > > So each pixel is a "super pixel" of 4.
          > > This is not so much as a work around of camera noise (because SNR is decent here) but as a way to ger X$ signal.
          > > Of course I am also getting sky noise X4 also...but it is low to start with in this case.
          > > Pixinsight does an excellent job (DBE) of handling this noise.
          > > Moon was roughly 50 for most of this work...which did not help...
          > > Only OIII and SII signal exists in any amount.
          > > A combination of sqrt(Ha+OIII) was use as a "synthetic" SII
          > >
          > > 12 twenty minute exposures in each channel at -19C
          > > VC200L @ f/6.4
          > > Processed in Pixinsight...including upsampling X2
          > > Original image is 800X600 pixels.
          > > Sander;flexure was roughly 1 pixel per 20 minute frame...
          > >
          > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveh56/4747748701/sizes/l/in/photostream/
          > >
          > > Happy Canada day to my DSS colleagues "up here"...
          > >
          > > Dave

        • Roman
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2010
            Hi all ,
            Maybe to much b.....
            http://photobucket.com/Roman_09
            I am sorry.
            Thank you for your time.
            Roman

            --- In DeepSkyStacker@yahoogroups.com, "Roman" <roman.kulesza@...> wrote:

            > I am sorry and new link:
            > http://astro-sky.blogspot/
            > Roman
            >
            > --- In DeepSkyStacker@yahoogroups.com, "Roman" <roman.kulesza@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Dave,
            > > You touch my heart,thank you and wish you happy Canada Day too.
            > > I am lonely over here in canadian bush.
            > > Your image nice and thank you for sharing,only stars not tight?
            > > I like to share my last image of M3
            > > http://astro-sky.blogspot
            > > We had good sky in spring time.I hope I'll setup my scope again soon.
            > > That was good test for my home made astrograph, corrected, MPCC Coma corrector.
            > > Newtonian 10"inch F-5 with Robert F. Royce conical mirror.
            > > Canon Digital SLR Xsi camera modified by Hap Griffin.
            > > One hour total,15 RAW images plus only 3 Darks stacked in DSS.
            > > TIFF in Photoshop 7 simple curves,levels,unsharp mask,saturation and colour balanse apply.
            > > I moved last year from Toronto for dark sky to Penetang-Midland Ontario area.
            > > I wish all the best.
            > > Cheers.
            > > Roman
            > >
            > > --- In DeepSkyStacker@yahoogroups.com, "DaveH" <davehalliday51@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Awfully quiet here...
            > > > Just some half finished work on the Crescent nebula.It needs more...or maybe even longer subs in OIII to get the blue as so well seen here;
            > > > http://zuserver2.star.ucl.ac.uk/~idh/apod/ap080813.html
            > > >
            > > > Its a bit large for my FOV...
            > > > Because of low(ish) QE of my ST2000 I am BINNING the signal...
            > > > So each pixel is a "super pixel" of 4.
            > > > This is not so much as a work around of camera noise (because SNR is decent here) but as a way to ger X$ signal.
            > > > Of course I am also getting sky noise X4 also...but it is low to start with in this case.
            > > > Pixinsight does an excellent job (DBE) of handling this noise.
            > > > Moon was roughly 50 for most of this work...which did not help...
            > > > Only OIII and SII signal exists in any amount.
            > > > A combination of sqrt(Ha+OIII) was use as a "synthetic" SII
            > > >
            > > > 12 twenty minute exposures in each channel at -19C
            > > > VC200L @ f/6.4
            > > > Processed in Pixinsight...including upsampling X2
            > > > Original image is 800X600 pixels.
            > > > Sander;flexure was roughly 1 pixel per 20 minute frame...
            > > >
            > > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveh56/4747748701/sizes/l/in/photostream/
            > > >
            > > > Happy Canada day to my DSS colleagues "up here"...
            > > >
            > > > Dave

          • Roman Kulesza
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 1, 2010
              Thanks Dave ,

              My orginal web side is:

              http:astro-sky.com

              After moving to Penetang- Midland no apgrade to server.

              I'll fix it next month.

              Cheers
              Roman

              To: DeepSkyStacker@yahoogroups.com
              From: roman.kulesza@...
              Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 18:49:00 +0000
              Subject: [DeepSkyStacker] Re: Work on NGC 6888

              Hi all ,
              Maybe to much b.....
              http://photobucket.com/Roman_09
              I am sorry.
              Thank you for your time.
              Roman

              --- In DeepSkyStacker@yahoogroups.com, "Roman" <roman.kulesza@...> wrote:

              > I am sorry and new link:
              > http://astro-sky.blogspot/
              > Roman
              >
              > --- In DeepSkyStacker@yahoogroups.com, "Roman" <roman.kulesza@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Dave,
              > > You touch my heart,thank you and wish you happy Canada Day too.
              > > I am lonely over here in canadian bush.
              > > Your image nice and thank you for sharing,only stars not tight?
              > > I like to share my last image of M3
              > > http://astro-sky.blogspot
              > > We had good sky in spring time.I hope I'll setup my scope again soon.
              > > That was good test for my home made astrograph, corrected, MPCC Coma corrector.
              > > Newtonian 10"inch F-5 with Robert F. Royce conical mirror.
              > > Canon Digital SLR Xsi camera modified by Hap Griffin.
              > > One hour total,15 RAW images plus only 3 Darks stacked in DSS.
              > > TIFF in Photoshop 7 simple curves,levels,unsharp mask,saturation and colour balanse apply.
              > > I moved last year from Toronto for dark sky to Penetang-Midland Ontario area.
              > > I wish all the best.
              > > Cheers.
              > > Roman
              > >
              > > --- In DeepSkyStacker@yahoogroups.com, "DaveH" <davehalliday51@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Awfully quiet here...
              > > > Just some half finished work on the Crescent nebula.It needs more...or maybe even longer subs in OIII to get the blue as so well seen here;
              > > > http://zuserver2.star.ucl.ac.uk/~idh/apod/ap080813.html
              > > >
              > > > Its a bit large for my FOV...
              > > > Because of low(ish) QE of my ST2000 I am BINNING the signal...
              > > > So each pixel is a "super pixel" of 4.
              > > > This is not so much as a work around of camera noise (because SNR is decent here) but as a way to ger X$ signal.
              > > > Of course I am also getting sky noise X4 also...but it is low to start with in this case.
              > > > Pixinsight does an excellent job (DBE) of handling this noise.
              > > > Moon was roughly 50 for most of this work...which did not help...
              > > > Only OIII and SII signal exists in any amount.
              > > > A combination of sqrt(Ha+OIII) was use as a "synthetic" SII
              > > >
              > > > 12 twenty minute exposures in each channel at -19C
              > > > VC200L @ f/6.4
              > > > Processed in Pixinsight...including upsampling X2
              > > > Original image is 800X600 pixels.
              > > > Sander;flexure was roughly 1 pixel per 20 minute frame...
              > > >
              > > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveh56/4747748701/sizes/l/in/photostream/
              > > >
              > > > Happy Canada day to my DSS colleagues "up here"...
              > > >
              > > > Dave

            • DaveH
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
                Roman
                Hi...just (finally) saw your note...
                Thanks for the link,I saw your stuff,including a pretty good M51.
                Hope you have the same sky Ottawa is getting this weekend !

                Dave